ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 425 of 460
« First < 325375415421422423424425 426427428429435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Ocotillo 01:55 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The future of sports is more access, not less. If the Masters sticks to their guns (and no reason to think they won't), there will also only be live coverage of Amen Corner and 15-16 for the Koepka/Rahm group's R3 tomorrow morning. Probably will miss a few holes to start R4 as well.
Masters did allow ESPN to resume second-round coverage at 7 a.m. CDT today. I'd imagine it will do the same with CBS and third-round coverage. But instead of cutting it off after the third round, the Masters should just allow CBS to go right into the fourth round, instead of having the window with only online coverage.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:05 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Oosthuizen quit rather than come back and play the 18th this morning. Can't say I'm surprised-- he's the same chickenshit that laid up from the rough on a par 5 when down two to Rahm on the 72nd hole of the US Open. Just another guy who cares more about cashing checks than taking a risk to win.
He'll be lucky to play another Masters again.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 02:20 PM 04-08-2023
Wonder if Tiger shows up tomorrow or withdraws after today's showing?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:26 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Wonder if Tiger shows up tomorrow or withdraws after today's showing?
The guy could barely walk and reach for the ball by the end of today's round. I'd be surprised if he tried to walk 27+ tomorrow.

���� A rough scene for 5x Masters Champion Tiger Woods. This after making his 23rd consecutive cut. #TheMasters

pic.twitter.com/XmNyIyajny

— NUCLR GOLF (@NUCLRGOLF) April 8, 2023

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:51 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Masters did allow ESPN to resume second-round coverage at 7 a.m. CDT today. I'd imagine it will do the same with CBS and third-round coverage. But instead of cutting it off after the third round, the Masters should just allow CBS to go right into the fourth round, instead of having the window with only online coverage.

#themasters pic.twitter.com/QLU2Ve2lKL

— The Masters (@TheMasters) April 8, 2023

Yep, you were correct.
[Reply]
scho63 03:46 PM 04-08-2023
The rain delay is letting us watch more golf than when it was live.
[Reply]
scho63 03:48 PM 04-08-2023
The guy could barely walk and reach for the ball by the end of today's round. I'd be surprised if he tried to walk 27+ tomorrow.

He is a big faker. Everytime a round goes south he starts limping.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:12 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
He is a big faker. Everytime a round goes south he starts limping.
Or more likely, he’s just old, broken and done.

The guy’s leg was completely shattered and then surgically repaired and he can’t move/walk like he once did or swing anywhere near the same speed he did before that happened, but why let facts get in the way of a good narrative?
[Reply]
philfree 06:27 PM 04-08-2023

Walking that hilly course with the ground being so soft is taking a toll on TW for sure.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:42 PM 04-08-2023
I'd be shocked if Tiger played tomorrow. That's not just his leg, that's his lower back as well. He's probably going to be feeling at least 50%-75% or so of that pain tomorrow when he wakes up. If he can get to sleep.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:50 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'd be shocked if Tiger played tomorrow. That's not just his leg, that's his lower back as well. He's probably going to be feeling at least 50%-75% or so of that pain tomorrow when he wakes up. If he can get to sleep.
I hate to say it, but he may go down the road of pain killer/fentanyl use or over dose.

I sure hope not
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:51 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I hate to say it, but he may go down the road of pain killer/fentanyl use or over dose.

I sure hope not
He got into this by popping pills. But yeah, I hope he doesn't go down that road.

So disappointed right now. I know a percentage of how he's feeling right now and it's just miserable.
[Reply]
scho63 09:53 PM 04-08-2023
It appears I am far from the only person pissed off at the incredibly shitty coverage of this event.

Twitter fans voicing pretty negative comments. They are richly deserved.

The WORST coverage of any golf event in my lifetime, let alone the most watched Major.

It's a great example why people are sick of the pompous PGA and places like stuck up Augusta.
[Reply]
tk13 09:58 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
It appears I am far from the only person pissed off at the incredibly shitty coverage of this event.

Twitter fans voicing pretty negative comments. They are richly deserved.

The WORST coverage of any golf event in my lifetime, let alone the most watched Major.

It's a great example why people are sick of the pompous PGA and places like stuck up Augusta.
The PGA has nothing to do with it. If they had their way the entire thing would probably be on TV. Heck I'd bet the LIV guys probably would push for that too. Augusta does what it wants and nobody is going to cross them.
[Reply]
scho63 10:04 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
The PGA has nothing to do with it. If they had their way the entire thing would probably be on TV. Heck I'd bet the LIV guys probably would push for that too. Augusta does what it wants and nobody is going to cross them.
To a point but I think the PGA has some input, just not like other events including Majors.

Shame on the PGA for getting steamrolled by Augusta.
[Reply]
Page 425 of 460
« First < 325375415421422423424425 426427428429435 > Last »
Up