ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2065 of 4830
« First < 1065156519652015205520612062206320642065 206620672068206920752115216525653065 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:26 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Hopefully KC gets Berry back to help some on defense. Question which Berry we’ll get?
Probably the injured one that hobbles right back to the sideline?
[Reply]
TEX 06:29 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
No way Denver wins 12 games

Their secondary also isn't as tough or game changing as 2016 Chiefs
Im sticking with them going 7 -9. I expected them to start 2 - 0 because they opened against two sorry teams at home.. They almost lost to both. A combined +4 margin of victory at home over Seattle and Oakland is anything but impressive. Their QB is already upside down in TD / INT. They're a sub .500 club and they'll start to prove it next Sunday in Baltimore.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:37 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, the one major positive... they do play KC's defense twice. KC is going to be in a lot of offensive battles. It's going to be the last team with the ball more often than not.
You're smarter than that. KC's D is terrible, but we played 2 of the best offenses in the league, on the road, and in neither game was that true at all. And those teams, in comeback mode, airing it out, getting gifts from the ref, STILL only made the scores look closer than it was because of their HOF QBs being that good. Teams like Denver aren't gonna do the same.
[Reply]
TEX 06:43 AM 09-17-2018
TV
I'm sure some are, that is if they were truly expecting to see 16 weeks of 250+ yards 2 Tds and no INTs. If anyone had that as their reality, then yeah - it's been a rough time the last couple of games.

Way back in the preseason, I projected 9 wins and that was it - didn't see anything better than that and I'm sticking with it.

It is what it is, right... beating OAK was harder than it needed to be, but that's to be expected. I spent some time with a friend of mine a few weeks ago that is really going through some terrible things (health) and I think that put a different perspective on things for me right now. I'm just going to enjoy the ride, no matter where it ends up.

I think there have been some really good things that have happened... and that's what I'll focus on as they adjust to Case running the offense. Again, it was good to see Freeman, Lindsay, Janovich, Butt and Sutton all contribute on offense. Makes up for the not so flattering moments with Case and DT

Bring on Baltimore...
Um...at the 3:05 (or there about) mark yesterday you gave up on Denver. Not every team is gonna Raida. Look in this thread. With Oakland up two scores, I said Denver would win with another 2nd half "Airmaizing" comeback. Miracles never cease I guess...:-)
The home schedule got you where you are and nothing more... You say "Bring on Baltimore" - you will get them Sunday with a dose of reality. Denver is not good. I'll really be surprised if they win 9 games. Enjoy your ride...

(Sorry about your friend. Health issues do put things in perspective.)
[Reply]
TEX 06:46 AM 09-17-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
You're smarter than that. KC's D is terrible, but we played 2 of the best offenses in the league, on the road, and in neither game was that true at all. And those teams, in comeback mode, airing it out, getting gifts from the ref, STILL only made the scores look closer than it was because of their HOF QBs being that good. Teams like Denver aren't gonna do the same.
Exactly. Not a chance. The rules favor Offense. KC has more than enough to bury Denver.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:02 AM 09-17-2018
True, believe I said 'more often than not'... KC's defense has faced two strong offenses and they've given up a ton. I don't think it's too far fetched to believe that most offenses are going to have success against KC. Comes down to how badly the defenses perform against Mahomes. So, is Denver and every team that KC faces receiving gifts? That's wild...

Originally Posted by TEX:
TV

Um...at the 3:05 (or there about) mark yesterday you gave up on Denver. Not every team is gonna Raida. Look in this thread. With Oakland up two scores, I said Denver would win with another 2nd half "Airmaizing" comeback. Miracles never cease I guess...:-)
The home schedule got you where you are and nothing more... You say "Bring on Baltimore" - you will get them Sunday with a dose of reality. Denver is not good. I'll really be surprised if they win 9 games. Enjoy your ride...

(Sorry about your friend. Health issues do put things in perspective.)
I didn't give up on them... just didn't see a rally happening if OAK was able to sustain that drive. There's a difference.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:03 AM 09-17-2018
Exactly. Not a chance. The rules favor Offense. KC has more than enough to bury Denver.
This is very true as well.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:13 AM 09-17-2018
Ravens... who knows what they really are, they crushed a Bills team led by Peterman and got down early to CIN, ultimately losing. If Denver can maintain drives with the rookie runners, that's a game changer for them on the road. The defense will give Flacco more than enough to be concerned with, question is - can they exploit the middle of Denver's defense?

Denver's defense has some issues, but they're good enough to keep them in any game. The ground attack is gaining confidence - Lindsay, Freeman and Janovich are a nice trio out of the backfield. Broncos have rushed for 146 and 168 rushing yards the last two games... that's a positive sign with a young rebuilding team, which is what you have to call them with the new faces and youth movement starting to gain experience and momentum. Hopefully, Sutton continues to make his presence known and that will mean greater success for them offensively. Sutton has seen action on 59% and 82% of the last two games, pretty strong and he has shown great ability - nearly had the TD yesterday.

Denver may very well lose this one, believe I pegged it as a loss... after two weeks, while the've struggled - I do like their chances. It's not like BAL is without their own issues.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:32 AM 09-17-2018
Week 3...

Raiders @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Rams
Broncos @ Ravens
Chiefs vs 49ers

Rare that the game in KC features 2 QBs getting their first real game starts in Arrowhead, should be fun.

Dolphins likely win because it's a big road trip after a tough road loss for the Raiders and they're just not that good. Fins 23 / Raiders 17

Rams should defeat the Chargers just based on talent - Gurley and that defense. Rams 41 / Chargers 24

Broncos/Ravens is a crap shoot - Denver should lose the game if you weigh everything out, but these are two kinda bad teams quite honestly and both have struggled, so who knows. Ravens 20 / Broncos 17

Chiefs should defeat the 49ers - first start in KC for Jimmy G, that doesn't always work out well. KC fans finally get to see Mahomes do his thing at home. 49ers gave up nearly 400 yards and 3 TDs to Stafford ... Chiefs are riding a wave and should be 3-0 when it's all said and done. Chiefs 37 / 49ers 30
[Reply]
TEX 07:38 AM 09-17-2018
Ravens... who knows what they really are, they crushed a Bills team led by Peterman and got down early to CIN, ultimately losing. If Denver can maintain drives with the rookie runners, that's a game changer for them on the road. The defense will give Flacco more than enough to be concerned with, question is - can they exploit the middle of Denver's defense?

Denver's defense has some issues, but they're good enough to keep them in any game. The ground attack is gaining confidence - Lindsay, Freeman and Janovich are a nice trio out of the backfield. Broncos have rushed for 146 and 168 rushing yards the last two games... that's a positive sign with a young rebuilding team, which is what you have to call them with the new faces and youth movement starting to gain experience and momentum. Hopefully, Sutton continues to make his presence known and that will mean greater success for them offensively. Sutton has seen action on 59% and 82% of the last two games, pretty strong and he has shown great ability - nearly had the TD yesterday.

Denver may very well lose this one, believe I pegged it as a loss... after two weeks, while the've struggled - I do like their chances. It's not like BAL is without their own issues.
Way too much wordsmithing here...Let me simplify things:
Denver is finally playing on the ROAD. They will LOSE.

ROAD = LOSS
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:46 AM 09-17-2018
Ravens are not as good as the media tried to hype them to be before the season and especially after week 1, but Denver just isn't gonna move the ball on that defense, which will be pissed after that dumb TNF game. Keenum will throw another couple picks.

Wonder if he ends the year with O/U 15 picks? Woof.
[Reply]
TEX 07:56 AM 09-17-2018
True, believe I said 'more often than not'... KC's defense has faced two strong offenses and they've given up a ton. I don't think it's too far fetched to believe that most offenses are going to have success against KC. Comes down to how badly the defenses perform against Mahomes. So, is Denver and every team that KC faces receiving gifts? That's wild...

I didn't give up on them... just didn't see a rally happening if OAK was able to sustain that drive. There's a difference.
:-) There always is with you, when you try and explain the obvious away...
[Reply]
Best22 07:56 AM 09-17-2018
If you can barely beat Oakland in Mile High in September, I pity you on your escapade to Baltimore
[Reply]
TEX 08:01 AM 09-17-2018
Week 3...

Raiders @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Rams
Broncos @ Ravens
Chiefs vs 49ers

Rare that the game in KC features 2 QBs getting their first real game starts in Arrowhead, should be fun.

Dolphins likely win because it's a big road trip after a tough road loss for the Raiders and they're just not that good. Fins 23 / Raiders 17

Rams should defeat the Chargers just based on talent - Gurley and that defense. Rams 41 / Chargers 24

Broncos/Ravens is a crap shoot - Denver should lose the game if you weigh everything out, but these are two kinda bad teams quite honestly and both have struggled, so who knows. Ravens 20 / Broncos 17

Chiefs should defeat the 49ers - first start in KC for Jimmy G, that doesn't always work out well. KC fans finally get to see Mahomes do his thing at home. 49ers gave up nearly 400 yards and 3 TDs to Stafford ... Chiefs are riding a wave and should be 3-0 when it's all said and done. Chiefs 37 / 49ers 30
These are always fun reads! You used to do them ALL the time when Denver ruled the division. Funny thing happened - you stopped. Wonder why? :-)

Please be sure to continue this season when the inevitable happens to Denver...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:04 AM 09-17-2018
Ravens are not as good as the media tried to hype them to be before the season and especially after week 1, but Denver just isn't gonna move the ball on that defense, which will be pissed after that dumb TNF game. Keenum will throw another couple picks.

Wonder if he ends the year with O/U 15 picks? Woof.
I figure he will end with 4k yards, high 20s TDs and about 15 INTs.

Way too much wordsmithing here...Let me simplify things:
Denver is finally playing on the ROAD. They will LOSE.

ROAD = LOSS
Well, there's wordsmithing and there's over-simplification...

I'm just building the case for how they can win @ Baltimore.

Can't really judge what the Ravens' did on defense with Peterman running the show in week 1. In week 2, Dalton did his damage early with AJ.

If Denver can sustain drives early with the run - they can win it, simple football there.

Ravens had 9 of 15 drives @ CIN end on downs, turnover or punt. Defense gave up 6 scoring drives out of 13, but contained them well after the half, but the damage had been done.

Broncos had way too many early punts and 3/outs yesterday. They started getting into a flow once they focused on the run, giving them balance and creating opportunities. Musgrave needs to do that earlier. Denver only had 4 possessions in the 2nd half which is weird, but they scored on all of them.

I know... more wordsmithing.
[Reply]
Page 2065 of 4830
« First < 1065156519652015205520612062206320642065 206620672068206920752115216525653065 > Last »
Up