ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Alex Okafor [restructured]
Chief_N_Bama 03-14-2019, 05:06 PM
This message has been deleted by Chief_N_Bama.
Chief_N_Bama 05:11 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Which Patriots player was ranked #1 in pressures last year?

They didn't have one... but BB is there coach, so unless your point is that Spag's is as good as BB then I don't know what your point is...
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:04 PM 03-14-2019
I hope Veech is right about this JayWalking Jailbird.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:12 PM 03-14-2019
This is a very underwhelming signing.

This D is not going to have a pass rush next yr. And they'll still be fuckin' ass at tackling. I didn't think the D could get worse, but it very well may be.

Roster needs talent. Just hiring a new DC/staff isn't going to fix KC's problems.

Chiefs were only good at 1 thing last yr, rushing the QB. That's no longer an option this yr.

Chiefs sure did pick a helluva year/FA pool to get rid of their best pass rushers. There isn't fuckin dogshit avaiable, probably worst FA season in recent memory. Berry being released I understand, he wasn't a factor last season at all, but Ford and Houston were. I'm fine w/ getting rid of 1, but getting rid of both is downright fucking stupid.

Who's going to rush the passer next yr? Okafor, Speaks, KPass, a fucking rookie? Jones will get paid long term, then he'll phone it in once he's tired of being doubled on every play since no one else on the DL will be worth a shit.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:15 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

This D is not going to have a pass rush next yr. And they'll still be ****in' ass at tackling. I didn't think the D could get worse, but it very well may be.

Roster needs talent. Just hiring a new DC/staff isn't going to fix KC's problems.

Chiefs were only good at 1 thing last yr, rushing the QB. That's no longer an option this yr.

Chiefs sure did pick a helluva year/FA pool to get rid of their best pass rushers. There isn't ****in dogshit avaiable, probably worst FA season in recent memory. Berry being released I understand, he wasn't a factor last season at all, but Ford and Houston were. I'm fine w/ getting rid of 1, but getting rid of both is downright ****ing stupid.

Who's going to rush the passer next yr? Okafor, Speaks, KPass, a ****ing rookie?
They’re going to blitz to get pressure

It’s going to be a defense focused on stopping the run and using Mathieu and the linebackers to bring pressure.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:19 PM 03-14-2019
Pass rush will be fine. A lot of good it did us last year anyway. The whole squad is getting a make over to make them more complete.
[Reply]
Best22 05:17 PM 03-14-2019

This D is not going to have a pass rush next yr. And they'll still be ****in' ass at tackling. I didn't think the D could get worse, but it very well may be.

Chiefs sure did pick a helluva year/FA pool to get rid of their best pass rushers. There isn't ****in dogshit avaiable, probably worst FA season in recent memory. Berry being released I understand, he wasn't a factor last season at all, but Ford and Houston were. I'm fine w/ getting rid of 1, but getting rid of both is downright ****ing stupid.

Who's going to rush the passer next yr? Okafor, Speaks, KPass, a ****ing rookie?
Chris Jones. We’ll be more like the Rams. No edge rush but alot of interior pressure

Their starting edge rushers combined for 7 sacks, but they held Brady to 13...
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:19 PM 03-14-2019

This D is not going to have a pass rush next yr. And they'll still be fuckin' ass at tackling. I didn't think the D could get worse, but it very well may be.

Chiefs sure did pick a helluva year/FA pool to get rid of their best pass rushers. There isn't fuckin dogshit avaiable, probably worst FA season in recent memory. Berry being released I understand, he wasn't a factor last season at all, but Ford and Houston were. I'm fine w/ getting rid of 1, but getting rid of both is downright fucking stupid.

Who's going to rush the passer next yr? Okafor, Speaks, KPass, a fucking rookie? Jones will get paid long term, then he'll phone it in once he's tired of being doubled on every play since no one else on the DL will be worth a shit.
:-)

Free agency started YESTERDAY. They're not freaking done yet. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:26 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

Free agency started YESTERDAY. They're not freaking done yet. :-)
One would think the Chiefs are finalizing their final 53 before the season starts this Sunday.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:34 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
One would think the Chiefs are finalizing their final 53 before the season starts this Sunday.
Bout time! Goddam it's been a long offseason.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:47 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Bout time! Goddam it's been a long offseason.
I'm actually looking forward to some baseball right now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:19 PM 03-14-2019

Who's going to rush the passer next yr? Okafor, Speaks, KPass, a ****ing rookie? Jones will get paid long term, then he'll phone it in once he's tired of being doubled on every play since no one else on the DL will be worth a shit.
If we're making a night and day change on defense, would you rather a few superstars on a 31 ranked D learning a new D? Or would you embrace 8 or 9 new faces better suited for spags' defense. We're paying less money to bring more talent in. I'd rather fix the entire D. We'll still get pressure. Spags loves bringing pressure from the secondary. Daly knows a thing or two about exotic looks. Spags loves to stunt.

I'd also bet we're not even close to done yet building this D. There seems to be rumblings that we're planning for something big.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 06:26 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If we're making a night and day change on defense, would you rather a few superstars on a 31 ranked D learning a new D? Or would you embrace 8 or 9 new faces better suited for spags' defense. We're paying less money to bring more talent in. I'd rather fix the entire D. We'll still get pressure. Spags loves bringing pressure from the secondary. Daly knows a thing or two about exotic looks. Spags loves to stunt.

I'd also bet we're not even close to done yet building this D. There seems to be rumblings that we're planning for something big.
Why does this keep being repeated? The sack leaders on defenses where Spags has been the DC have been DEs every year, and you could argue the success of his defenses have a direct link to how much pressure he’s able get from the edges. With the 2012 Saints being the defense he got the least pressure with.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 06:31 PM 03-14-2019
The Badger and Okafor were drafted in back to back rounds by the Cardinals in 2013.
They are back together, Bring It!!

I thought that was cool!
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:48 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Why does this keep being repeated? The sack leaders on defenses where Spags has been the DC have been DEs every year, and you could argue the success of his defenses have a direct link to how much pressure he’s able get from the edges. With the 2012 Saints being the defense he got the least pressure with.
Jesus. You dating a Defensive End or what? Since you totally ignored my post Inn the Darby thread....

Tom Brady (King of quick release and Super Bowl champ) was sacked 22 times last year in 19 games. Let me break it down for you...

Game 1 - Sacked 2x by NT
Game 2 - Sacked 2x by CB and OLB
Game 3 - Sacked 2x by OLB
Game 4 - Sacked 0
Game 5 - Sacked 0
Game 6 - Sacked 2x ILB/OLB and NT
Game 7 - Sacked 1x ILB
Game 8 - Sacked 2x OLB
Game 9 - Sacked 2x ILB and DE
Game 10 - Sacked 3x ILB/ILB, ILB, CB
Game 11 - Sacked 0
Game 12 - Sacked 0
Game 13 - Sacked 2x CB, DE
Game 14 - Sacked 1x OLB
Game 15 - Sacked 1x S
Game 16 - Sacked 1x DE
Game 17 - Sacked 0
Game 18 - Sacked 0
Game 19 - Sacked 1x DE

4 sacks by a DE over 19 games (22 total sacks) ....seems to be a trend, wish I could put my finger on it....
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up