ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Media Center>Movies you haven't seen in a few decades
007 04:33 AM 08-23-2019
Came across Always (1989) with Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter last night. Forgot how much I loved that movie. Was also reminded just how gorgeous Holly was in that movie.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:15 PM 09-08-2019

Better Off Dead

[Reply]
scho63 06:34 PM 09-08-2019
Walking Tall (1973) Joe Don Baker as Sheriff Buford Pusser,
[Reply]
Otter 06:56 PM 09-08-2019

[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:00 AM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Walking Tall (1973) Joe Don Baker as Sheriff Buford Pusser,
I saw the original Walking Tall in the theater and never wanted to see it again. Not because it wasn't good, but because it was so brutal. It elevated Joe Don Baker from a level C actor to a top level B actor. The remake I think it was with The Rock, was awful, don't waste your time.

[Reply]
Rasputin 07:36 AM 09-29-2019
John Carpenter's ~They Live

[Reply]
Rasputin 07:38 AM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I saw the original Walking Tall in the theater and never wanted to see it again. Not because it wasn't good, but because it was so brutal. It elevated Joe Don Baker from a level C actor to a top level B actor. The remake I think it was with The Rock, was awful, don't waste your time.

I loved that movie but decided to hate anything the Rock did after he remade this.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:41 AM 09-29-2019
Another classic John Carpenter's Excape from New York staring Fisty McTatt

[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:32 PM 10-04-2019
The Wraith from 1986 is still one of my favorite movies. A young Charlie Sheen and a sane Randy Quaid.

Great great movie.
[Reply]
scho63 05:29 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I'm still waiting after 50 years of watching movies to find a remake that is equal to or greater than the original.

It's the laziest form of film making and Hollywood has gotten real lazy these last 10-15 years.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:28 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm still waiting after 50 years of watching movies to find a remake that is equal to or greater than the original.

It's the laziest form of film making and Hollywood has gotten real lazy these last 10-15 years.
Scarface was a remake.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:38 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Scarface was a remake.
So did you ever watch American Werewolf in London?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:45 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
So did you ever watch American Werewolf in London?
Yes! It was actually on Prime. “Prince Charles is a faggot!” :-) It was a fun flick. And the music selection and placement was superb, especially when it cuts to the credits. Worthy enough of a rewatch when I stumble across it some where down the line.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:48 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Yes! It was actually on Prime. “Prince Charles is a pillowbitergot!” :-) It was a fun flick. And the music selection and placement was superb, especially when it cuts to the credits. Worthy enough of a rewatch when I stumble across it some where down the line.
Glad you enjoyed it.

My favorite aspect was the relationship between David and Jack, especially after Jack was undead. I loved it when he was whining about his dream girl hopping in bed with an asshole after his funeral. Life mocks me even in death! :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:10 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Glad you enjoyed it.

My favorite aspect was the relationship between David and Jack, especially after Jack was undead. I loved it when he was whining about his dream girl hopping in bed with an asshole after his funeral. Life mocks me even in death! :-)
Undead Jack was indeed great. And something unique in the werewolf genre.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:04 PM 10-16-2019
I ran across one I hadn't thought of in years.

I don't know how it has aged, I'd imagine not well. In critics eyes I'm sure it would be blasted.

But Just One of the Guys (1985) is a pretty ambitious flick, especially for 1985. This gal thinks that all the good jobs go to guys, so she dresses up like a guy and goes to high school. There have been other movies that took a similar type movies since, but they were far more Disney-fied.

This movie is pretty upfront about the struggles between women and men, dudes getting bullied for femine features, and of course, romance dynamics and so on and so forth.

These days, it would be crucified by the LGBTQWOEVBNOUIBNW community and would probably never get made, frankly, but this is an interesting look into gender differences.

But the real reason I remember it...

NSFW
https://giant.gfycat.com/AcrobaticFemaleChuckwalla.webm

Those made quite an impression when I was a kid.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up