ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 33
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
DaFace 12:42 PM 04-27-2019
Search for Thanos on Google and click on the gauntlet for some mild laughs.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:54 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That isn't pandering. That's cool stuff that's in-universe.

This is forcing in something out of universe that weakens the movie.

You actually make female characters WEAKER when you do this.
Seemed like a setup for an A-Force movie. Just like they setup Guardians + Thor.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:55 PM 04-27-2019
Thanos cosplaying as Shrek was odd.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:04 PM 04-27-2019
Just got out of the move and here are my thoughts:

Thought it was good but not great. To many plot holes for me to truly love it. Several things have already been mentioned with the time line stuff but doesn't Thor taking Mjolnir completely fuck up the timeline? How does Thor use it in the past if he stole it? Maybe I am missing something?

I also hated what they did with the Hulk. Completely neutered him. That is not what we wanted to see with the Hulk. And yes, jumping from the Hulk not wanting to fight to Professor Hulk with nothing else than a simple explanation just plain sucked.

And I believe they did what they did with Loki so they could bring him back which i am perfectly fine with.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but "dusting" Thanos and all of his men completely fucks up the timeline. If they aren't in the past to wreak all the havoc they had that is a huge change to the past.

Didn't like Captain Marvel either, she just seemed forced into the movie. Just seemed weird to me.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:04 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
BTW, did anyone else question how future Nebula killed her past self and still lived
Alternate timeline with time travel.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:07 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Thought it was good but not great. To many plot holes for me to truly love it. Several things have already been mentioned with the time line stuff but doesn't Thor taking Mjolnir completely fuck up the timeline? How does Thor use it in the past if he stole it? Maybe I am missing something?
Cap took it with him when he went to return the stones, I believe.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:08 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Cap took it with him when he went to return the stones, I believe.
That is right, forgot about that. But when Thor took it he didn't know if they would be able to return it. Your statement completes the plot hole for that but would still be a huge knuckle headed thing for Thor to do at the time.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:11 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
They explained that, indirectly, with the mocking of previous time travel movies and other conversational tidbits. They (the characters) followed the standard in-universe space/time laws right up until they reversed the original snap of Thanos. Reversing the snap caused Time to manifest as a universal force that attempted to invalidate the snap reversal. From the snap reversal on forward chronologically in the movie the time stream had been reset, and everything after it became new fixed points in time, with some critical events from before the snap reversal possibly entangled into the new time stream. It is certainly possible though that Nebula is now a combination of the new "good" and old "evil" Nebula as they shared minds.
Disagree. They didn't just reverse the snap they brought all that we're snapped to present time. 5 years later. Technically all of spideys friends graduated. This was Tony's wish. He wanted his daughter. Reversing the snap would have erased them all.

Also disagree on merged minds. If that were the case gamorra would have had memories.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:13 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
What about his actions with the Avengers? If he was never frozen, then how does that work?
He was frozen still. Future cap went back. I assume he was just low-key and stayed at home from 70 to 2024 with his wife.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:19 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
**** that shit. This is 2019. Women can like sci-fi. Men can like flowery period dramas. Hell, the same people can like them both. Organ placement shouldn't determine anyone's taste in fiction.

This is going to become one of the highest grossing movies of all time specifically because they figured out how to get women to see and like comic movies despite centuries of social programming. It's not the phenomenon it is without that.

What you guys who react so poorly to this need to figure out is why you feel so threatened. It's not like they have or will ever stop catering to you as a fan, too. They want your money just as much as they want everybody else's. And if they do continue to develop female characters and even - gasp - focus on some of them or even groups of them, they're gonna try and find ways to get our male asses into seats, too.

And part of the reason there's so much focus on women is because there's been so little in the past. Eventually there will be enough female producers and directors and writers and characters that giving women that kind of responsibility, like we've seen with Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, won't be new or novel or groundbreaking, and eventually we'll just have writers and directors and actors, without gender tags, and the focus can be on making good movies with the best people. Like it should be.

Rant over.
I like their little group shot because they had a comic for them of all female avengers. It was a nod to the comic fans. Just like caps hail Hydra.

I hated the idea if the new Ghostbusters, thus is no where near that. I agree if someone freaks about this they have some deeper incel problems they need to look at.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:21 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
fyi: the kid in the back right during the wake, was the boy from iron man 3... i didn't know this. :-)

as well, why the ****, if in infinity war, thor and thanos could only go to the dwarf star, to harness the stones, were they able to simply make a robotic mitten to do the same? :-)
That is a good point. Maybe the dwarf did a better job at protecting the user?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:22 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I like their little group shot because they had a comic for them of all female avengers. It was a nod to the comic fans. Just like caps hail Hydra.

I hated the idea if the new Ghostbusters, thus is no where near that. I agree if someone freaks about this they have some deeper incel problems they need to look at.
That female group shot happened during the best part of the movie, anyway. If it was in the middle of the convoluted Quantom Realm part I might've noticed it a bit more but I was just too busy having fun.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:29 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Multiple time lines as I understand it. I bet they don't go there.
Yeah, for them to get everything to work they had to go put the stones back when they got them so there was no change. Same with the hammer.

Loki is now an alternate timeline. Probably will tie into Disney plus series.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:31 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I had tears of joy. I had tears of sadness. A fitting end to an epic 10 year saga. And everything is set up for the future. There is a new Cap. There is a new Iron Man. Did you see him at the funeral? It was the kid from Iron Man 3, a little more grown up. (at least I'm pretty sure it was)
Was that the kid who was standing behind Bucky and a Falcons group? I was trying to figure out who that was???
[Reply]
Valiant 02:35 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Just got out of the move and here are my thoughts:

Thought it was good but not great. To many plot holes for me to truly love it. Several things have already been mentioned with the time line stuff but doesn't Thor taking Mjolnir completely **** up the timeline? How does Thor use it in the past if he stole it? Maybe I am missing something?

I also hated what they did with the Hulk. Completely neutered him. That is not what we wanted to see with the Hulk. And yes, jumping from the Hulk not wanting to fight to Professor Hulk with nothing else than a simple explanation just plain sucked.

And I believe they did what they did with Loki so they could bring him back which i am perfectly fine with.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but "dusting" Thanos and all of his men completely ****s up the timeline. If they aren't in the past to wreak all the havoc they had that is a huge change to the past.

Didn't like Captain Marvel either, she just seemed forced into the movie. Just seemed weird to me.
They didn't dust him in the past. They dusted him once on the planet. Then past thanos came through the time machine setting up the reality that is current for the heroes and died there. In their reality he defeated them already. It won't change anything as they didn't alter their past.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 33
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up