ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 33
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Alex Okafor [restructured]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:15 PM 03-14-2019

The #Chiefs are expected to sign former #Saints DE Alex Okafor, source said. He gets a 3-year deal worth up to $24M.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
digger 05:17 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
2025 "time to put the Hammer down."
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:19 PM 03-14-2019
Pass rush will be fine. A lot of good it did us last year anyway. The whole squad is getting a make over to make them more complete.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:19 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
This is a very underwhelming signing.

This D is not going to have a pass rush next yr. And they'll still be fuckin' ass at tackling. I didn't think the D could get worse, but it very well may be.

Roster needs talent. Just hiring a new DC/staff isn't going to fix KC's problems.

Chiefs were only good at 1 thing last yr, rushing the QB. That's no longer an option this yr.

Chiefs sure did pick a helluva year/FA pool to get rid of their best pass rushers. There isn't fuckin dogshit avaiable, probably worst FA season in recent memory. Berry being released I understand, he wasn't a factor last season at all, but Ford and Houston were. I'm fine w/ getting rid of 1, but getting rid of both is downright fucking stupid.

Who's going to rush the passer next yr? Okafor, Speaks, KPass, a fucking rookie? Jones will get paid long term, then he'll phone it in once he's tired of being doubled on every play since no one else on the DL will be worth a shit.
:-)

Free agency started YESTERDAY. They're not freaking done yet. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:21 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Well I will let you know when your opinion matters to me...

... until then... stand by...
Many of us don't care for your opinion on Dee Ford's release but we are still being subjected to your menstruation over the issue. I guess we are both out of luck.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:23 PM 03-14-2019
I’d love to know what makes people have this level of blind faith in Veach. Cause the team Dorsey built had a great year where they finally look like SB contenders? His outstanding 2018 draft? What is it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:23 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Many of us don't care for your opinion on Dee Ford's release but we are still being subjected to your menstruation over the issue. I guess we are both out of luck.
Don't engage the troll. He openly admitted he's a mult. It won't take long.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:26 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

Free agency started YESTERDAY. They're not freaking done yet. :-)
One would think the Chiefs are finalizing their final 53 before the season starts this Sunday.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:26 PM 03-14-2019
Ah.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:26 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
If the Chiefs sign him he’s a badass.

If the Chiefs release him he was an overpaid, worthless piece of shit.

There you go.

That's actually like 180 degrees opposite of the usual PPL...
Yea, I was wondering if I missed the memo concerning the flip in Chief's lexicon.

And if so, what changed?

Mahomes became a starter?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:28 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
I’d love to know what makes people have this level of blind faith in Veach. Cause the team Dorsey built had a great year where they finally look like SB contenders? His outstanding 2018 draft? What is it?
Who has blind faith in Veach?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:28 PM 03-14-2019
You are, of course, correct.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:30 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
On the flip side of that are those who have graded him a failure after only one year in the role. Where does that level of blind bigotry come from?
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:32 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
welcome to cp where roster depth and role players don't exist.
"I fully admit I wasn't that hot on Okafor. But man what a surprise! I will gladly eat crow."

... (next non-all pro FA signing) ...

"Man wtf? Who is this brokedick? 62 grade on PFF? FIRE VEACH NOW!"
[Reply]
kgrund 05:33 PM 03-14-2019
Guys panicking now are like people that paint a wall and don't like it after the 1st coat, but after a couple of coats later and it dries it looks good. Not saying this D will be fixed, I am just saying it is too early to judge. Be patient.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 05:33 PM 03-14-2019
He was pretty bad ass when he played basketball for UCONN.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 33
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up