ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 58
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

crispystl 04:36 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well....he's met the rest of the defense apparently.
HAHA that's great
htismaqe 04:38 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So you have a sample size of one given a very specific set of circumstances. And in this case, you choose to extrapolate out the Chiefs mismanaging the situation once again. But in the case of Dee Ford's stellar performance last season, you dismiss the limited sample size and extrapolate out nothing.

In each situation, you choose the glass-is-half-empty outcome.
Sure, it's the offseason. This is Chiefsplanet.

Must. Bitch. Incessantly. :-)

No seriously, IMO they are two different scenarios. I'm honestly just down about Berry. I want the guy back, he's one of my favorite players of all time. I just can't bring myself to believe he's going to be a star again, not after all of last season. But I'll come around, don't worry.

On Dee Ford though, I've seen enough. Hopefully he's playing somewhere else next year.
BleedingRed 04:41 PM 03-12-2019
Any one think about Tyranns Punt return ability?
BigRedChief 04:49 PM 03-12-2019
Im really surprised at the Veach hate in this thread. Veach is more responsible for Mahomes being on this team than anyone else. Mahomes has changed everything connected to our team. We have hope. Does anyone doubt that someday Mahones is going to win a SuperBowl in a Chiefs uniform? That deserves a helluva lot longer grace period than 1 fucking year.

And GTFO with that BS that everyone knew Mahomes was going to be great. Veach did. He believed so strongly that he put his job with the Chiefs on the line.
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:49 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That was on Sutton. Played damn near 100 snaps in some of the most frigid weather imaginable. Of course the poor bastard was fatigued.
And?

Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not that I disagree but playing devil’s advocate, he was also playing playoff football with some serious rust.
And?

There is no chance the guy was at 100% in that game. If the Chiefs retain him, it's because they have very good reason to believe he'll be 100% when the season starts.
Bullshit. Berryscuses. And why the FUCK would you put a player that "isn't 100%" in to THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE DECADE???

How's he going to be 100% when there's NO FUCKING TREATMENT FOR HIS HAGLUNDS?

One more fucking time:

1) It doesn't just "go away".

2) It limits the amount of work you can put in before the pain becomes too much.

3) You can not exceed or EXTEND the threshold for debilitating pain. Ergo, you can not "push yourself".

4) If you can't push yourself after being out for two seasons and accumulating "rust", you will never be back to 100%

You want to put AFCCG Berry back on the field every week? Fire yourself.

No more. No fucking more. Enough.
jallmon 04:49 PM 03-12-2019
Damn that's funny. :-)

There is a good article about Mathieu by Seth Keysor in The Athletic (which I just subscribed to yesterday):

https://theathletic.com/863949/2019/...s-army-safety/

Sorry if this is q, I missed a big chunk of the posts and haven't caught up.
OnTheWarpath15 05:03 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For sure, you're not wrong. I just don't have a lot of hope for Berry right now after how the season went down.
They had very good reason to believe he would be 100% when the 2018 season started too, according to their own statements. We see how that turned out.
And boom goes the dynamite.
TwistedChief 05:24 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
And?

And?

Bullshit. Berryscuses. And why the FUCK would you put a player that "isn't 100%" in to THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE DECADE???

How's he going to be 100% when there's NO FUCKING TREATMENT FOR HIS HAGLUNDS?

One more fucking time:

1) It doesn't just "go away".

2) It limits the amount of work you can put in before the pain becomes too much.

3) You can not exceed or EXTEND the threshold for debilitating pain. Ergo, you can not "push yourself".

4) If you can't push yourself after being out for two seasons and accumulating "rust", you will never be back to 100%

You want to put AFCCG Berry back on the field every week? Fire yourself.

No more. No fucking more. Enough.
Why would they have played Eric Berry in that game? Seriously? Because our safeties were a fucking disaster the entire season. Our corners didn't even know where to line up half the time (see: Chargers game). You don't know exactly how close Berry is to 100% and you realize that 75-85% Berry is still probably better than Parker (who was basically cut in favor of Berry) and Sorenson. Or how about Josh fucking Shaw?

No one wants to put AFCCG Berry back on the field.

As for your diagnosis of Haglund's and resultant conclusions, I'm glad you've become an internet healthcare professional after multiple moments of deep googling. I'm sure you're much more well-versed than the Chiefs and their medical professionals. You inevitably are better qualified to offer an informed opinion.
htismaqe 05:32 PM 03-12-2019
Why would they have played Eric Berry in that game? Seriously? Because our safeties were a fucking disaster the entire season. Our corners didn't even know where to line up half the time (see: Chargers game). You don't know exactly how close Berry is to 100% and you realize that 75-85% Berry is still probably better than Parker (who was basically cut in favor of Berry) and Sorenson. Or how about Josh fucking Shaw?
Truth.

For as bad as the Berry situation was, the entire rest of the safety position was worse.

Thank God for Tyrann Mathieu now being a Chiefs. He instantly puts out the fire, now we just need to draft away the rest of the dumpster.
CasselGotPeedOn 05:37 PM 03-12-2019

Sweet Daddy Hate 06:33 PM 03-12-2019

No one wants to put AFCCG Berry back on the field.

As for your diagnosis of Haglund's and resultant conclusions, I'm glad you've become an internet healthcare professional after multiple moments of deep googling. I'm sure you're much more well-versed than the Chiefs and their medical professionals. You inevitably are better qualified to offer an informed opinion.
Would that be the same crack(smoking) medical squad that got Berry and Houston sideways with the Chiefs over their shitty diagnosis and treatments to begin with, ace?
And that isn't "my" medical opinion, that's the "opinion" of the world-wide medical community. Look it up.

Truth.

For as bad as the Berry situation was, the entire rest of the safety position was worse.

Thank God for Tyrann Mathieu now being a Chiefs. He instantly puts out the fire, now we just need to draft away the rest of the dumpster.
FACT: Chiefs defense played better WITHOUT Hobohaglund29 post-Seattle and prior to his return.
GermanChiefFan 07:00 PM 03-12-2019
Love the signing. He is gonna make Carr cry again.
1claire 07:21 PM 03-12-2019
Mathieu agreed to a three-year deal worth $42 million.
Marcellus 07:23 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:

FACT: Chiefs defense played better WITHOUT Hobohaglund29 post-Seattle and prior to his return.
Not a fact, just a figment of your imagination based off win loss record.

Before Berry came back KC became the first team to ever lose a game when scoring 50 pts.

See how that shit can be misleading? Probably not.
Dante84 07:27 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by 1claire:
Mathieu agreed to a three-year deal worth $42 million.
Chiefs agree to terms with Ty Law
Page 43 of 58
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up