ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Draft Network mock sim
Al Bundy 01:14 PM 02-25-2019
http://www.thedraftnetwork.com
It was just released and is really good.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:23 PM 02-26-2019
29. Irv Smith, TE, Alabama
61. Trayvon Muller, CB, Clemson
63. Jerry Tillery, DE/DT, Notre Dame
92. Joshua Jacobs, RB, Alabama
157. Germaine Pratt, LB, N.C. State
188. Carl Granderson, DE, Wyoming
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:34 PM 02-26-2019
29. Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
61. Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
92. Amani Hooker, CB/S, Iowa
157. Justice Hill, RB, Ok. State
194. Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo

Think that's my favorite one so far. Adderley starts at FS, Williams gives you an outside CB, Tillery improves the defensive line depth, Hooker is your third safety and slot CB in the dime package, Hill helps at RB depth and Hodge is your SLB.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:39 PM 02-26-2019
Nasir Adderley S
Delaware

Devin Bush Jr. LB
Michigan

Trayvon Mullen CB
Clemson

Jerry Tillery IDL
Notre Dame

Travis Fulgham WR
Old Dominion

Malik Carney EDGE
North Carolina

Demarcus Christmas IDL
Florida State
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:43 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Think that's my favorite one so far. Adderley starts at FS, Williams gives you an outside CB, Tillery improves the defensive line depth, Hooker is your third safety and slot CB in the dime package, Hill helps at RB depth and Hodge is your SLB.
I like that one a lot actually
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 02-26-2019

Holy crap, that's like a dream draft. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 02-26-2019
Finally got access to it. Man, this is a good one; awfully tough.

There really is a 'fuck the Chiefs' scenario when none of the QBs go early and the TEs come off quick as well. Those usually lead to Adderley going right before us and some pretty slim pickings.

That said, I've had Fant fall a time or two and Irv Smith is pretty much always there. I've had Joshua Jacobs fall to our 2nd rounders a couple of times and I'd go ahead and take him there. But in those scenarios the safeties are picked clean with maybe Hooker and Rapp left to choose from with NO corners left (last one had JoeJuan Williams going right ahead of us).

I just went

Fant
Jacobs
Rapp
Jaylon Ferguson (furthest I've seen him fall yet; back of the 3rd)
Beckner (in the 5th? Boy that seems unlikely)
Mecole Hardman, WR - UGA (probably too raw to be much but in the 6th I'll risk it; lots of speed/quickness there)
Cameron Smith, CB - MSU (if people are looking for another Ward, he reminds me of him a bit; needs a TON of work and likely ends up on PS at best)

It's just a lot harder to put together a true home run draft on this thing. Really a lot of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Easily my favorite of the mock draft simulators so far because I haven't had it make one truly easy for me yet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 02-26-2019
Okay, I just face-raped this one:

1.29 -- HOOOOOOCK. First time I got a shot at him; I cannot stress enough how good he'd be here.

2.29 -- Julian Love, CB - ND -- I'm warming to him; with Ward's length but lack of quick twitch, I prefer Love's ability to match up with smaller WRs more than some others available here. I passed on Trayvon Mullen and JoeJuan Williams for the same reasons; longer guys with stiffer hips.

2.31 -- Riley Ridley, WR - UGA -- I can't help it, I love the possibilities of this kid on the other side of Hill long term in this offense. I think he'll just blossom and thrive in our system. He can be everything Watkins is at a literal fraction of the cap space. I passed on Tillery here because I simply love what Ridley could be.

3.29 -- Amani Hooker, S - Iowa -- good spot for him.

5.29 -- Terry Beckner Jr, DT - Mizzou -- he's not really going to last this long is he?

6-29 -- TJ Edwards, OLB - Wisc -- I really don't know how he fits here but he's a hard-nosed player who's aggressive. He's probably just a STer in this system but he was a good value play.

7th -- Michael Jordan, C - OSU -- There are a lot of rough edges to knock off here but with Reiter extended, we can bring in a guy with the tools to be better than him and try to coach him up. I'd be elated with getting Jordan in the 7th round.
[Reply]
O.city 04:42 PM 02-26-2019
I'm interested to see Hockerson test, because I've kinda read some people who wonder if he's a really good blocker, average athlete in the pass game.

If that's the case, i'd probably look elsewhere.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:43 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Okay, I just face-raped this one:

1.29 -- HOOOOOOCK. First time I got a shot at him; I cannot stress enough how good he'd be here.

2.29 -- Julian Love, CB - ND -- I'm warming to him; with Ward's length but lack of quick twitch, I prefer Love's ability to match up with smaller WRs more than some others available here. I passed on Trayvon Mullen and JoeJuan Williams for the same reasons; longer guys with stiffer hips.

2.31 -- Riley Ridley, WR - UGA -- I can't help it, I love the possibilities of this kid on the other side of Hill long term in this offense. I think he'll just blossom and thrive in our system. He can be everything Watkins is at a literal fraction of the cap space. I passed on Tillery here because I simply love what Ridley could be.

3.29 -- Amani Hooker, S - Iowa -- good spot for him.

5.29 -- Terry Beckner Jr, DT - Mizzou -- he's not really going to last this long is he?

6-29 -- TJ Edwards, OLB - Wisc -- I really don't know how he fits here but he's a hard-nosed player who's aggressive. He's probably just a STer in this system but he was a good value play.

7th -- Michael Jordan, C - OSU -- There are a lot of rough edges to knock off here but with Reiter extended, we can bring in a guy with the tools to be better than him and try to coach him up. I'd be elated with getting Jordan in the 7th round.
Did another mock and I got 3 of your 4 first picks. Swap out Josh Jacobs for Ridley though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:50 PM 02-26-2019
Did another mock and I got 3 of your 4 first picks. Swap out Josh Jacobs for Ridley though.
I realize as I do more of these how badly I would infuriate the average Chiefs fan in my perfect world.

About half of my drafts have 3 of my first 4 picks going to offense.

I just cannot convince myself to throw that much capital at the defense yet when we simply don't know how much of the suck was coaching and we went so hard at it last year. Especially when I'm not wholly convinced that Lucas can't start or that Watts isn't actually a ballplayer.

I know I'm supposed to draft a safety and 2 CBs in our first 4 picks, but I just don't like the draft doing that. I end up taking a CB with one of the seconds pretty much every time and it's generally Joejuan Williams because Love doesn't make it there.

But if Adderley's not there in the first? {shrug} I'll make due with offense. Or if I end up having to go with Baker there, best be prepared for 1 more CB and then a shitload of toolsy offensive guys.

I could be completely wrong and would doom the franchise to another disappointing season, but I keep falling into the same general trend here - there are some really talented offensive players that I'm not gonna pass on because I don't like what happened last season.
[Reply]
O.city 04:57 PM 02-26-2019
The problem I keep having with defense is that we need good players but moreso, they need blue chippers. Those are just hard as hell to come by, especially in this draft.

If they could get a corner via trade like Rhodes or Peterson, I really feel that would open up the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 05:01 PM 02-26-2019
If Ed Oliver fell to 26, anyone trade up?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:21 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If Ed Oliver fell to 26, anyone trade up?
if he fell to 20 id do it, holy shit him and jones and nandi
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:32 PM 02-26-2019
I don't think drafting another player that will get washed out vs the run is how you stop it.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:37 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think drafting another player that will get washed out vs the run is how you stop it.
You’d be nuts not to draft Oliver if he falls into the 20’s. He might become Aaron Donald 2.0

On a complete opposite topic - I am mesmerized watching Dexter Lawrence tape. Clemson primarily played him at 3 tech while Wilkins was more often the 1 tech. Lawrence projects as 1 tech next level, but maybe Clemson was on to something. The man just collapses and crushes any semblance of a pocket and swallows up inside zone runs by himself. He does not have a ton of pass rush upside outside of being a space eater, but man does he wreak havoc in run defend. He moves so quick for such a huge man. If he falls to the late 2nd, I hope the Chiefs nab him. He will keep linebackers squeaky clean.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up