ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 791
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114514 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BossChief 09:33 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I have outside hope we can get him on a one year prove it deal.
Lolol not even in madden.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 02-15-2019
Collins one year deal would have to be pretty much what he’d get on the tag so that won’t happen
[Reply]
Rausch 09:36 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Collins one year deal would have to be pretty much what he’d get on the tag so that won’t happen
Safety value league wide has gone down the last two years.

While it's a huge need for us the position just doesn't bring a big payday like it did 4 or 5 years ago...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Safety value league wide has gone down the last two years.

While it's a huge need for us the position just doesn't bring a big payday like it did 4 or 5 years ago...
Eric Reid just got a decent contract from the Panthers. I think values are going back up a bit this year.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:43 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Eric Reid just got a decent contract from the Panthers. I think values are going back up a bit this year.
I should correct myself by saying they were trending down the last two years.

That may end this year. I doubt it but we really won't know until the FA period is damned near done.

Part of me thinks they might scrap a lot of this D. I don't think that's necessary but with Houston's cap hit and Ford not being worth what he'll cost one of them is gone for sure. Possibly both.

And I'm not sure but what a few podcasts were saying was that for some reason we wouldn't have much wiggle room trying to restructure Berry. Basically that our best effort would only be a 1 or 2 million in savings - nothing drastic...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:14 AM 02-15-2019
Just saw where Garafolo said on GMFB this morning that he thinks Earl Thomas makes the most sense going to KC. Said that he thought Eric Berry may be done with the Chiefs after this past season and all that transpired.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Just saw where Garafolo said on GMFB this morning that he thinks Earl Thomas makes the most sense going to KC. Said that he thought Eric Berry may be done with the Chiefs after this past season and all that transpired.
Thomas was trying to buy a house in Dallas a few days ago according to several outlets.

And I think the Chiefs have a soft spot for Berry.

I fully expect them to tag Ford, sign Tyreek, and try to get cap relief from Houston and Berry. I also expect that both Houston and Berry will say no, leading to the Chiefs doing very little in free agency.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:17 AM 02-15-2019
I think other teams will be willing to pay him a lot more. I could see him joining Sherm in San Fran over us.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:17 AM 02-15-2019
He's going to Dallas. He's made it abundantly clear that's where he wants to be.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:18 AM 02-15-2019
I think cory littleton would be a sneaky good FA signing to play the SAM backer next to DOD and hitch. We could probably get him for 5-7 a yr.
[Reply]
Best22 11:19 AM 02-15-2019
Brandon Marshall (ILB) expected to be released in March by Denver

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...andon-marshall
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 02-15-2019
Don't buy the no realistic shot stuff, room can always be created and you can give dudes super low base salaries that first year.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 02-15-2019
Thomas was trying to buy a house in Dallas a few days ago according to several outlets.

I fully expect them to tag Ford, sign Tyreek, and try to get cap relief from Houston and Berry. I also expect that both Houston and Berry will say no, leading to the Chiefs doing very little in free agency.
If Houston says no and they don't cut him then they're a stupid franchise.

And Thomas enrolled his kids in school in Austin, which isn't really all that close to Dallas.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:19 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He's going to Dallas. He's made it abundantly clear that's where he wants to be.
I think so too, but they’ve gotta pay him X amount still. I don’t think he can throw away all leverage and say he’s moving there so they can basically sign him for nothing.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:20 AM 02-15-2019

If they say no, they get cut. That’s how I’d approach it.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 791
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114514 > Last »
Up