ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Welp. Looks like we need a RB.
KC Hawks 08:08 PM 11-30-2018
So who looks good in this upcoming draft?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:23 AM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
has this thread come to a consensus top 3 RBs of choice for 2019 yet?
Consensus on CP? Lol.

My two cents:

You want a bellcow type with toughness/power?
Jacobs, Montgomery

Best pure “runner” in the draft?
Singletary

Change of pace, pass catching ability, speed?
Trayveon Williams, Bryce Love

Wildcard?
Rodney Anderson. Dude is the total package, but has a massive injury history. Late Rd 3 - Round 4, I’m having a serious discussion with medical staff and seeing if he is worth it. Dude is generational when healthy.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:57 PM 02-23-2019
The one I'm most intrigued about is Wes Hills tbh. His size and speed would add a new dimension to this offense imo. IF he makes it as a pro he could be something similar to Melvin Gordon I think. But no doubt, Rodney Anderson will probably have to be taken with our 3rd round pick IF we really want to get him as I can see a few others snatching him In the mid rounds If we don't.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:16 PM 02-23-2019
Aren't you the same guy who thought we should be the team to give Leveon Bell all that money he wants?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:20 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Aren't you the same guy who thought we should be the team to give Leveon Bell all that money he wants?
If we get rid of Houston, Ford and Berry then why not take a chance on him with the cap space we'd have? The guy is a quality player, fullstop.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:39 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
If we get rid of Houston, Ford and Berry then why not take a chance on him with the cap space we'd have? The guy is a quality player, fullstop.
If we got rid of Houston, Ford, and Berry, then used that cap room to sign Bell to his desired contract demands, we'd have to choose after that between extending Hill/Jones and having any kind of future flexibility in free agency. Oh, and meanwhile you just took away two good pass rushing options for the defense.

Congratulations! You've turned us into the 2011-present Green Bay Packers! Best QB in football and zero Super Bowl appearances due to shitty defensive collapses in the playoffs!

And I don't want to hear, "Who cares? That's what we are now!" The point is that we have a chance of NOT being that if we keep things smart by not wasting cash on players we don't need.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:07 PM 02-23-2019
If we got rid of Houston, Ford, and Berry, then used that cap room to sign Bell to his desired contract demands, we'd have to choose after that between extending Hill/Jones and having any kind of future flexibility in free agency. Oh, and meanwhile you just took away two good pass rushing options for the defense.

Congratulations! You've turned us into the 2011-present Green Bay Packers! Best QB in football and zero Super Bowl appearances due to shitty defensive collapses in the playoffs!

And I don't want to hear, "Who cares? That's what we are now!" The point is that we have a chance of NOT being that if we keep things smart by not wasting cash on players we don't need.
SMH getting those three off the books would create enough cap space to get Bell and some solid defensive pieces. PLUS we have the draft to add to the defense as well. IF you really think any team is gonna pay Bell exactly what he wants then you're living in a dreamworld.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:18 PM 02-23-2019

Oh man. :-) I'm glad I put that idiot on ignore. I don't know why you're still trying. that guy is the dumbest poster on CP.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:05 PM 02-23-2019
I see the d/##head above is still salty after I dismissed his stupid ass yesterday? But hey, I'm "on ignore" but yet HE'S STILL TALKING ABOUT ME? just sums up how dumb he is :-)
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 03:34 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Consensus on CP? Lol.

My two cents:

You want a bellcow type with toughness/power?
Jacobs, Montgomery

Best pure “runner” in the draft?
Singletary

Change of pace, pass catching ability, speed?
Trayveon Williams, Bryce Love

Wildcard?
Rodney Anderson. Dude is the total package, but has a massive injury history. Late Rd 3 - Round 4, I’m having a serious discussion with medical staff and seeing if he is worth it. Dude is generational when healthy.
I REALLY like Singletary, he's my favorite based on ability/availability depending on which draftniks you listen to, he could be there with our late 3rd
[Reply]
Chargem 04:33 PM 02-23-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
SMH getting those three off the books would create enough cap space to get Bell and some solid defensive pieces. PLUS we have the draft to add to the defense as well. IF you really think any team is gonna pay Bell exactly what he wants then you're living in a dreamworld.
Just because you could afford to pay Bell does not mean the money couldn't be spent much better elsewhere.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:07 PM 02-27-2019
Elijah Holyfield is very intriguing
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:14 PM 02-27-2019
Holyfield reminds me of Zeke Elliot tbh. He looks like a very good prospect and very gettable for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:52 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh man. :-) I'm glad I put that idiot on ignore. I don't know why you're still trying. that guy is the dumbest poster on CP.
I put him on ignore months ago. People keep quoting his dumb ass though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:40 PM 03-01-2019
Jordan Scarlett popping off a 4.49; that's gonna help him.

Benny Snell's 4.7, OTOH, will not.

!@#$%ing Holyfield put up a nice time...for a fullback. 4.79.

I know he's on some of y'alls wish list but I'm not putting a 4.8 HB on this squad. He's of no use to us at all with that kind of speed.

Justice Hill w/ the 4.40 isn't surprising but that's gotta be a bit of a relief for him. He needed to show the speed on the stopwatch that he shoes on tape since that's his primary selling point.
[Reply]
O.city 12:42 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jordan Scarlett popping off a 4.49; that's gonna help him.

Benny Snell's 4.7, OTOH, will not.
Yeah Holyfield’s 4.79 ain’t helping
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up