ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 181
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:20 PM 12-15-2018
This team is the epitome of playing down to their competition.

Tennessee or Vermont, it doesn’t matter. There is no killer instinct.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:10 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If Vick wins NCAA tournament MOP and leads Kansas to a title, can you please post “I love Lagerald Vick, I always have, and I always will”?
He won't, so there's no worries there. But even if he did, that still wouldn't make anything I've ever said about him false.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 04:12 PM 12-15-2018
Wow. I get a very different vibe than a lot of you guys. This is a team down a starter, with its prize freshman not performing on the offensive end, yet absolutely sells out for the victory. Yeah, they aren't Championship level poised quite yet, but they don't give up even though they really only have two places to go for offense right now.

I could be wrong, but I don't think a single team they've played this year has a losing record. The winter break is traditionally when Self really gets into his team and starts tightening the screws a bit. I think these gritty games are going to serve them well in the season to come.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:13 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Garett and lightfoot each had a few big time defensive plays. Garett is reminding me more and more of a less offensively skilled Releford. He might be more explosive driving to the rim though.
Releford was a great shooter by the end of his college career (which is very difficult to see for Garrett), but Garrett may actually be the better defender of the two.

It's interesting that Lightfoot has played in crunch time in the last few games. It's probably a lot because he's just defensively sound and tries hard, I'll take that in those spots.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:30 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:

Well, they are ranked #1 in the country and undefeated. KU currently has the nation's highest Strength of Schedule. Just beat the national champion from last year. That's plenty of killer instinct. I'll take that over beating Vermont by 40. Rock Chalk!
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:57 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:

This team lost a lot of scoring from last yr. Graham, Svi, Newman. They're now relying on a freshmen PG (whos going to make mistakes) and a 6th man from last yr's squad who had 1 foot out the door, to be their leading scorer.

They may have bolstered their post game a little bit, but they lost a lot at the guard position, esp the 3pt ball. I'm going to miss watching Graham and Svi drain 3 after 3...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:37 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He won't, so there's no worries there. But even if he did, that still wouldn't make anything I've ever said about him false.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:46 PM 12-15-2018
Great win today. If self ever does go to the NBA everyone will want Marshall and that's a fine choice but Jay Wright is the best coach in the game.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:44 PM 12-15-2018
KU fans are fickle. Want high jumping 3 point smart long above the rim shot down defenders at all position. Good defense Garret Doke Grimes. Glue guy to eat up minutes and foul people (Lightfoot) then they have some scorers. They got a good post game as well. They need lots of seasoning together. Charlie Moore probably thought he did the smartest thing by pulling it out, but he just made the wrong call.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:57 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Great win today. If self ever does go to the NBA everyone will want Marshall and that's a fine choice but Jay Wright is the best coach in the game.
I’d take Jay Wright in a second if Self ever left. I’d honestly take him as the Raptors’ coach right now too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:29 AM 12-16-2018
Yeah. I would be less than thrilled if KU ended up with Gregg Marshall.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:30 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I’d take Jay Wright in a second if Self ever left. I’d honestly take him as the Raptors’ coach right now too.
greg Marshall doesn’t have a lot of experience recruiting and coaching up one and dones, correct? If you want to coach at a blue blood school don’t you need experience with that skill? Wright seems the right choice.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:35 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. I would be less than thrilled if KU ended up with Gregg Marshall.
Howcome? Hes built that program. I get that hire Kansas guy. The brand regardless of coach sells it self. Nobody will have the success Self has had so enjoy it. Tremendous times Self to you all is what Osborne is to my generation.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:59 AM 12-16-2018
Howcome? Hes built that program. I get that hire Kansas guy. The brand regardless of coach sells it self. Nobody will have the success Self has had so enjoy it. Tremendous times Self to you all is what Osborne is to my generation.
Yeah, thats what they said during the Larry Brown era. Then in the Roy Williams era, too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:03 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yeah, thats what they said during the Larry Brown era. Then in the Roy Williams era, too.
Willie you seriously have the dumbest posts in the history of CP. Let's go over your stupidity for a second.....

Self has as many titles as Brown and more than Williams.

Hes won what? 14 conference titles in a row. Brown nor William's accomplished this.

What's your proof that literally any other coach in the universe aside than coach K would accomplish such a feat?
[Reply]
Page 54 of 181
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up