ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 181
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
Hangin'WithMahomes 08:01 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It says the university or coaches didn't know. So does that mean they are off the hook for any possible penalties?
ONLY a guess, but my assumption would be vacating the FF and any games he played in as Mr. Plow suggested. I can't see how anything more (though that would suck) would be warranted.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:14 AM 04-11-2018
So did they know something about this and thats why they kept Preston off the court? Instead of that fender bender?

See if I got this right.......

DeSouza's guardian in Florida took $20K from a shoe company. The he wanted to go to Kansas, they wanted the money back? Did DeSouza know?

It says the university or coaches didn't know. So does that mean they are off the hook for any possible penalties?
That was never about a fender bender. There's a reason he didn't play & eventually left the school.

The idea is that Under Armour paid the guardian of De Sousa to secure his commitment. De Sousa really wanted to go to KU so the guardian secured funds from Adidas to pay back Under Armour. Whether De Sousa knew I couldn't tell you. But the way they are referencing KU as a victim tells me that they believe neither KU nor the NCAA had any knowledge of it.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 08:27 AM 04-11-2018
Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou...?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:35 AM 04-11-2018
Wasn't Cam Newton in a similar situation. Parents or guardians took money, but neither Newton or the school knew anything about it so he was ruled eligible?
[Reply]
Lzen 11:53 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is absolutely no way Dotson is going to be ANYWHERE close to as good as the PG play we had the last few years between Mason and Graham.
This is an incredibly ignorant statement. You have no way of knowing that. Dotson may be just as good or better. We don't know yet.
[Reply]
sedated 11:58 AM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Wasn't Cam Newton in a similar situation. Parents or guardians took money, but neither Newton or the school knew anything about it so he was ruled eligible?
That's the closest case I can think of, but I don't think there was evidence Newton's family got any money, just that they asked for it (from Miss St., I believe)
[Reply]
sedated 12:03 PM 04-11-2018
According to the Deadspin article, the 2 players were "most probably Marcus Garrett and Silvio De Sousa".

Not sure where they got Garrett from, and not sure why he would be getting paid, he was around a top 50ish recruit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:13 PM 04-11-2018
They were never able to prove Cecil Newton accepted any compensation. I don't think the same result is going to happen this time around.

The FBI is a lot more involved here. KU isn't getting the death penalty, but they will probably have to vacate any result involving those ineligible players.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:41 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They were never able to prove Cecil Newton accepted any compensation. I don't think the same result is going to happen this time around.

The FBI is a lot more involved here. KU isn't getting the death penalty, but they will probably have to vacate any result involving those ineligible players.
if so, then the streak was over last year.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:48 PM 04-11-2018
if so, then the streak was over last year.
It would still list KU, but with an *
[Reply]
BWillie 02:53 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

An interesting distinction is also that when Silvio committed to KU he was 18. Which is usually outside the time of guardianship.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:22 PM 04-11-2018
That was never about a fender bender. There's a reason he didn't play & eventually left the school.

The idea is that Under Armour paid the guardian of De Sousa to secure his commitment. De Sousa really wanted to go to KU so the guardian secured funds from Adidas to pay back Under Armour. Whether De Sousa knew I couldn't tell you. But the way they are referencing KU as a victim tells me that they believe neither KU nor the NCAA had any knowledge of it.
Don't think that's in there.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:07 PM 04-11-2018
What happened to billay thread?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:41 PM 04-11-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
What happened to billay thread?
Romper
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 06:53 PM 04-11-2018
Silvio a good kid i don't think he did it!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 181
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up