ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 181
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
BWillie 10:03 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
You forgot to add who is lazy and lost on defense at times, turns over the ball too often, poor shot selection. Shall I go on?

You're deluded.
Hey man - Vick is a knucklehead. No doubt about it. But unless KJ Lawson or Charlie Moore learn to shoot - this team is better with Vick on it. Maybe we get him to come back refocused like he was at the beginning of the year.

We don't go to the Final Four last year without Vick. We would have had at least two more losses this year without Vick.

I get why the coaching staff is frustrated with him - but if we are going to continue to run Quentin Grimes 25-30 minutes a game. I want Vick back if it might mean less minutes for Grimes.

I honestly think the kid may have a mental illness. Bipolar, depression, might be close to being on the spectrum. Perhaps something like that.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:12 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hey man - Vick is a knucklehead. No doubt about it. But unless KJ Lawson or Charlie Moore learn to shoot - this team is better with Vick on it. Maybe we get him to come back refocused like he was at the beginning of the year.

We don't go to the Final Four last year without Vick. We would have had at least two more losses this year without Vick.

I get why the coaching staff is frustrated with him - but if we are going to continue to run Quentin Grimes 25-30 minutes a game. I want Vick back if it might mean less minutes for Grimes.

I honestly think the kid may have a mental illness. Bipolar, depression, might be close to being on the spectrum. Perhaps something like that.
Buddy I work with played football at ku and is still linked in with folks in the know around campus. Says Vick is bipolar and been on and off his meds.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:14 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Buddy I work with played football at ku and is still linked in with folks in the know around campus. Says Vick is bipolar and been on and off his meds.
Yep - that makes perfect sense. I can completely believe it. He seems to have some of the signs. And people that are bi-polar - when they get manic or depressed it takes them a while to straighten out again. That honestly could help explain why he was so good at the beginning of the year. And goes through phases of good and bad play.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:15 PM 02-19-2019
Iowa State goes down. They were a bigger threat than K-State per the numbers. Big loss to Baylor in Ames.

Woot woot. We've got a shot. Can't lose any more than the one @ Lubbock, though.
Fucking nobody deserves the title.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:11 PM 02-19-2019
I bet Tech loses at either Iowa State or TCU. That gives them 5 losses minimum.

Iowa State already has 5 losses.

We need to beat K State for sure, but I don’t see them losing another game besides that one. It would take a major choke job for them to end up with 5 losses.

The game at Tech looks like a must win for me. I think the week off helps us. I give the edge to the better coach when the talent levels aren’t drastically different. Edge to Self IMO.

I could see K State choking down the stretch if we beat Tech and K State. After playing so well for so long they end up tied with KU? That would be extremely demoralizing. It could be one of those “here we go again” moments for their seniors.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:38 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I bet Tech loses at either Iowa State or TCU. That gives them 5 losses minimum.

Iowa State already has 5 losses.

We need to beat K State for sure, but I don’t see them losing another game besides that one. It would take a major choke job for them to end up with 5 losses.

The game at Tech looks like a must win for me. I think the week off helps us. I give the edge to the better coach when the talent levels aren’t drastically different. Edge to Self IMO.

I could see K State choking down the stretch if we beat Tech and K State. After playing so well for so long they end up tied with KU? That would be extremely demoralizing. It could be one of those “here we go again” moments for their seniors.
Squeaks is always due a - you got to be shitting me? They lost that one - game.

Remaining schedule:
vs Oklahoma State
@ Kansas
vs Baylor
@TCU
vs Oklahoma

Hopefully TCU and OU still have something to play for in those last two games.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:45 AM 02-20-2019
As a person with Bi-Polar the meds help but it's not like you still don't get wild mood swings or deep depression. If he was in a deep depression well shit yeah that hurts so bad you can't concentrate on anything. It's like you have the flu and lost a close loved on on the same time.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:08 AM 02-20-2019
I said bitcoin - that doesn't mean a full bitcoin. But some bitcoin.

We are going to get ****ing slaughtered.

I think the line will be like -5 but it should be -11.
Based on...?

This team’s chemistry and ball movement have improved drastically lately. Tech is a fairly poor offensive team. KU is much more balanced. And they were leading Tech by 25 last time before putting in scrubs. Yet you expect to get blown out? I think it was clear that Tech doesn’t match up very well.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:26 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Nut, wtf?
Bwillie on here said if ku win he'll give out some bitcoins and i said i want in on that action.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:58 AM 02-20-2019
Yep - that makes perfect sense. I can completely believe it. He seems to have some of the signs. And people that are bi-polar - when they get manic or depressed it takes them a while to straighten out again. That honestly could help explain why he was so good at the beginning of the year. And goes through phases of good and bad play.
that's kind of what I was referring to with my "I hope it's not a mental health issue" post. Mania will cause all kinds of erratic behavior and depression is depression.

And yeah, bipolar isn't like you're happy then you're sad in one day. You're manic for weeks at a time, you feel great, you can do anything and you can a million mph. That's when people stop taking their meds.

Then the depression hits and they literally want to die.

If he is bipolar is best for everyone that he's not on the team, unfortunately. If that is the case I really hope he gets the help he needs.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:07 AM 02-20-2019
Yeah, it does make sense. My buddy said Vick's mom is bipolar as well and that's a big part of the friction also. Self most likely had to do a pretty delicate balancing job on his part with all of that. And it's not like he can say he's off the team because his head isn't right and ruin the kid's future playing basketball somewhere.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:37 AM 02-20-2019
Vick gets more discussion about being off the team than he did while he was on the team...
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:15 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Vick gets more discussion about being off the team than he did while he was on the team...
:-)

Yeah? Because 90% of your posts before he got shitcanned were you whining about KCC whining about Vick.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:20 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Yeah? Because 90% of your posts before he got shitcanned were you whining about KCC whining about Vick.
Better than whining about our perimeter defense...

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:16 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fucking nobody deserves the title.
Four-way shared title...
[Reply]
Page 109 of 181
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Up