ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 221
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 05:41 PM 03-25-2010
Has anyone ever fished Shawnee Mission Lake or Heritage for trout? I guess they stocked 4,000 lbs of trout in each one earlier in the month. I may go give it a try tomorrow morning. Any spots would be much appreciated.
[Reply]
Rooster 12:02 PM 03-26-2010
bump for da fishes
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:14 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Headed to Bennett Springs tomorrow and the weather couldn't be better for slaying many rainbows.

Friday - Sunny and 56
Saturday - Cloudy and 57 (slight chance of showers. I have rain gear and don't care.)
Sunday - Partly Sunny and 62
So how did that work out?
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:21 PM 03-26-2010
I’m headed out tonight. Anyone else?
Going to throw a buffet at them, worms, livers and minnows. Maybe even a goldfish if the bait store has them in.
[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 12:45 PM 03-26-2010
Spent two hours this morning doing something I've never done before. That is throwing pink berkely power bait at stocked trout in hopes of getting a bite. I didn't get a bite, but it was good to be out!

Originally Posted by :
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.

~Henry David Thoreau
[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 01:43 PM 04-08-2010
Anyone had any luck? I've been out 3 or 4 times and not much happening for me so far. Caught this little guy while trying to catch crappie. Sadly he's the first, biggest and best of the year so far.
Attached: IMG00095-20100401-1642.jpg (148.2 KB) 
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 01:52 PM 04-08-2010
My old man and I haven't gotten the boat out on the water yet due to problems with the tow vehicle, so we've done a bit of fishing at James A Reed.

Last week I went twice and caught two bass, this week I've went twice and caught ten. It feels good to be catching them instead of getting skunked, but I think all told, the twelve have weighed ten pounds.

One caught on a jig, one on a spinnerbait, and the rest on plastic worms.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:24 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg:
Anyone had any luck? I've been out 3 or 4 times and not much happening for me so far. Caught this little guy while trying to catch crappie. Sadly he's the first, biggest and best of the year so far.
Not really but I’ve had a couple of friends tell me they started getting into Crappie on farm ponds so I’m going to a friends land tomorrow with some minnows to give it a try.
[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 02:25 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny:
My old man and I haven't gotten the boat out on the water yet due to problems with the tow vehicle, so we've done a bit of fishing at James A Reed.

Last week I went twice and caught two bass, this week I've went twice and caught ten. It feels good to be catching them instead of getting skunked, but I think all told, the twelve have weighed ten pounds.

One caught on a jig, one on a spinnerbait, and the rest on plastic worms.
I'm headed out there Sat. morning with my father in law. Which pond are you catching them on if you don't mind my asking? I've always had the most luck on Jack Rabbit.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:27 PM 04-08-2010
White bass, hybrids, and stripers are running right now, and I haven't been out to chase them.

Here's few pics of someone who has:

[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:30 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
White bass, hybrids, and stripers are running right now, and I haven't been out to chase them.

Here's few pics of someone how has:
Good to know they’re finally running.
How’s the water temp there? It was only 58 here last weekend but we’re supposed to get a couple days of sunshine so I’m hoping it will improve.
[Reply]
thawk 03:58 PM 04-08-2010
Walleye slow on Table Rock last weekend. Spent four days fishing Holiday Island area. I caught a 4#2oz My buddy caught a 9#6oz. Made the trip to see him catch that.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:08 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by thawk:
Walleye slow on Table Rock last weekend. Spent four days fishing Holiday Island area. I caught a 4#2oz My buddy caught a 9#6oz. Made the trip to see him catch that.
That's a nice sized walleye. We're finally starting to get a decent walleye population here. I've fished for them up in the boundary waters, and I enjoy eating them... but I've never really fished for them down here. We basically just trolled for them in the boundary waters. Great way to drink beer and fish... but not real exciting either.
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 06:10 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg:
I'm headed out there Sat. morning with my father in law. Which pond are you catching them on if you don't mind my asking? I've always had the most luck on Jack Rabbit.
Half on Jack Rabbit, three on Catclaw and two on Plover.
[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 06:58 PM 04-08-2010
Anyone know where you can buy live bait in South KC/Johnson County area?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 221
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up