ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 221
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:01 PM 05-23-2016
Dang not even ready for my fishing week at the lake. After working 70 hours a week for a month and going in every day at 3am I'm just behind everything I need to get done around here let alone get ready.

I still got to clean my fish aquarium.

Fish have it made just swim and eat

I wish I wish I wish I were a fish.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:40 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Dang not even ready for my fishing week at the lake. After working 70 hours a week for a month and going in every day at 3am I'm just behind everything I need to get done around here let alone get ready.

I still got to clean my fish aquarium.

Fish have it made just swim and eat

I wish I wish I wish I were a fish.
I know exactly how you feel, it isnt usually a straight month unless its harvest time... but 70-75 hour work weeks are often the norm for me lately

And you're sooo right... its impossible to keep up with "life" when its like that, its hard to even eat right, the LAST ****ing thing you wanna do after a 15 hour day is spend an hour in the kitchen
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:23 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I know exactly how you feel, it isnt usually a straight month unless its harvest time... but 70-75 hour work weeks are often the norm for me lately

And you're sooo right... its impossible to keep up with "life" when its like that, its hard to even eat right, the LAST ****ing thing you wanna do after a 15 hour day is spend an hour in the kitchen
I think it's about time I hire a maid with all the French benefits..

Just going get reeling tomorrow I just wanted a jump on getting out there today.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:23 PM 05-26-2016
This is my haul from last couple days at the lake. First night storms kinda kicked my ass but last night I did good. With my son was one of the best and memorable fishing times. Wish would have stayed another day but don't want be out there during another storm like the other night. Five channel cats a drumb and a wiper. I only took home to eat the drumb, wiper and one cat.

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:33 PM 05-26-2016
:-) nice outing, Tat... way to brave the storm, thats fishing

All of the cats look like perfect, farm raised eating size, should've kept those puppies... quality free food

Drum are underrated fighters, very powerful, I've gotten several out of the Illinois river. Have you eaten drum before? I ask because someone told me they're kinda bony and oily so I've never kept one

Which lake?
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:54 PM 05-26-2016
:-) nice outing, Tat... way to brave the storm, thats fishing

All of the cats look like perfect, farm raised eating size, should've kept those puppies... quality free food

Drum are underrated fighters, very powerful, I've gotten several out of the Illinois river. Have you eaten drum before? I ask because someone told me they're kinda bony and oily so I've never kept one

Which lake?
Am going to tomorrow and compare each of them to decide what I think is best.

[Reply]
Rasputin 05:07 PM 05-26-2016
Holy Shit Balls yesterday turned out to be more than I bargained for when taking my cheap Walmart 200 raft out with my son in his raft out on the lake and try fishing from them. Ok we got out there a ways but not terrible that we couldn't get back. This fucking perch I used for bait could pull me lol so then started get farther out. Weeeeeeeellllll my flippin air raft had a leak and slowly but surely was losing air and we tried to make it back to shore before it got bad.

It got bad I was in the water and had to hang on to his raft and he tried to paddle us back to shore and I was trying kick and do what I could but we drifted farther down stream and didn't even realize it. About two and a half hours of this and I was getting worried of course had no idea what time it was but wanted get back incase it stormed. Fortunately some folks in a boat from a distance heard us shouting at them and they came by and towed us back to shore by our campsite.

Holy Shit Balls that was one of the craziest experience I've had fishing.

Just glad to have life jackets on and glad we got help before it got too late.

We did have a blast though despite the storms Monday night and the raft deflation lol We had a good time my Son made this one of the best fishing time ever.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:14 PM 05-26-2016
Am going to tomorrow and compare each of them to decide what I think is best.

Looking forward to the results... my first drum was a revelation "how did something so oceanic and shiny looking come out of this muddy river?"

Holy Shit Balls yesterday turned out to be more than I bargained for when taking my cheap Walmart 200 raft out with my son in his raft out on the lake and try fishing from them. Ok we got out there a ways but not terrible that we couldn't get back. This ****ing perch I used for bait could pull me lol so then started get farther out. Weeeeeeeellllll my flippin air raft had a leak and slowly but surely was losing air and we tried to make it back to shore before it got bad.

It got bad I was in the water and had to hang on to his raft and he tried to paddle us back to shore and I was trying kick and do what I could but we drifted farther down stream and didn't even realize it. About two and a half hours of this and I was getting worried of course had no idea what time it was but wanted get back incase it stormed. Fortunately some folks in a boat from a distance heard us shouting at them and they came by and towed us back to shore by our campsite.

Holy Shit Balls that was one of the craziest experience I've had fishing.

Just glad to have life jackets on and glad we got help before it got too late.

We did have a blast though despite the storms Monday night and the raft deflation lol We had a good time my Son made this one of the best fishing time ever.
:-) towed around by the bait perch

"...you're gonna need a bigger boat"
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:31 PM 05-26-2016
Looking forward to the results... my first drum was a revelation "how did something so oceanic and shiny looking come out of this muddy river?"

Exactly!!!

:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:34 PM 05-26-2016

I'll say this Lake Wilson is one of if not the clearest lake in the state. Also aren't drums so cute?!
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:45 PM 05-26-2016
I'll say this Lake Wilson is one of if not the clearest lake in the state. Also aren't drums so cute?!
Yep, the water quality is evident in the shot where you're kneeling by the bank

You dont see anything that clear around here unless its a quarry pond, or shallower stream that runs mostly through rock... me loves those little streams that course through rocky hills
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:50 PM 05-26-2016
Not going complain about the storms as this morning the water level was on the rise and that gives me hope for next year.

Just as long as they don't spill the water for Nebraska again :-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:52 PM 05-26-2016
It's been 15 years since I've been to Wilson. It was real clear back then.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:32 PM 05-26-2016
Catching some nice Bass right now
[Reply]
bdj23 12:28 AM 05-27-2016
I was hoping to get out this morning but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm wide awake and it's 1:30. Hopefully this rain won't stick around too long tomorrow and will keep the river unoccupied.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 221
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Up