ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
bowener 05:03 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Yes...look at the top right where it says "beneficiary"

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty...2020&view=team

The use of PI calls are the most devastating penalty in the sport.

Brady's Bucs didn't just break the record...they demolished it.

(I posted the following earlier in this thread)

There was only one team, going back a decade, that even had 20.

That team was the fluke 12-4 2016 Raiders...it was their only winning season in 17 years. To illustrate how impactful the gratuitous use of PI is...
Thank you so much! I wasn't doubting you, I just wanted to be able to point some people to the source.

EDIT: Jesus. I hope people start to share this information more. I'd like to see it track nationally. The more I look at the data the more egregious this season stands out for Tampa. I'm not whining about losing the game. Chiefs played like shit and treated it like a regular-season game when it was the damn Super Bowl. Yes the OL died, but there was much more going poorly besides that awful display. I'm just trying to imagine if Mahomes or Rodgers benefitted from 27 fucking PIs.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:31 PM 02-16-2021
Yes...look at the top right where it says "beneficiary"

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty...2020&view=team

The use of PI calls are the most devastating penalty in the sport.

Brady's Bucs didn't just break the record...they demolished it.

(I posted the following earlier in this thread)

There was only one team, going back a decade, that even had 20.

That team was the fluke 12-4 2016 Raiders...it was their only winning season in 17 years. To illustrate how impactful the gratuitous use of PI is...
Was that the Raiders team the beat us on a Thursday Night in Oakland by the refs just throwing flag after flag and basically giving them unlimited downs at the end of the game until Derek Carr finally threw a TD to win?

Boy, that was a farce.

Almost as bad as SD at Arrowhead 2018.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:10 AM 02-17-2021
The NFL could end all of this discussion by holding referees accountable for missed calls, making officials available to the media after games, putting cameras on replay officials, etc.

I wonder why they don't do any of that stuff? /s
[Reply]
Pants 10:04 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The NFL could end all of this discussion by holding referees accountable for missed calls, making officials available to the media after games, putting cameras on replay officials, etc.

I wonder why the don't do any of that stuff? /s
Just the nature of the refereeing beast. No sport does what you propose.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:13 AM 02-17-2021
Did some more research...here's some fun facts.

#1. Bucs had 5 games without a PI call...so the 27 penalties occurred in just 11 games. Only one (of the 5) was during their final 5 games. Week 2,3,4 had no PI calls...two of which they never trailed.

#2. They declined 3 PI calls...so the total was actually 30.

#3. 8 of the PI calls were on failed 3rd downs...extending drives.

#4. Bucs received 3 PI calls in the final 1:11 of the first half vs. the Vikings. They were trailing 7-6...KC had 4 all season.

They had the ball twice in the final 1 minute.

One call negated an INT...which resulted in a TD, the other came with :01 on the clock. 46 yards which resulted in a FG.

#5. Brady had 2 PI on his first ever drive with the Bucs...41 yards total. He equaled the Patriots 2020 season total of 2 PI in just 4 plays in week one..

#6 Bucs had pack-to-back PI calls in the final 2 minutes before half vs. Atlanta. 26 yards of advancement.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Just the nature of the refereeing beast. No sport does what you propose.
No sport has the stature of the NFL. It's past time to do this. Fuck, they spend 10 minutes on instant replays and still get them wrong.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:47 AM 02-17-2021
Black Op, IDK of you use Twitter or not but you should start sending your findings to Barry McCockiner (@ultraweedhater). Dude is the biggest troll to Patriot-tard Brady Ballwashers on the platform. He definitely gets attention from the people you’d want your info to get out to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:49 AM 02-17-2021
Did some more research...here's some fun facts.

#1. Bucs had 5 games without a PI call...so the 27 penalties occurred in just 11 games. Only one (of the 5) was during their final 5 games. Week 2,3,4 had no PI calls...two of which they never trailed.

#2. They declined 3 PI calls...so the total was actually 30.

#3. 8 of the PI calls were on failed 3rd downs...extending drives.

#4. Bucs received 3 PI calls in the final 1:11 of the first half vs. the Vikings. They were trailing 7-6...KC had 4 all season.

They had the ball twice in the final 1 minute.

One call negated an INT...which resulted in a TD, the other came with :01 on the clock. 46 yards which resulted in a FG.

#5. Brady had 2 PI on his first ever drive with the Bucs...41 yards total. He equaled the Patriots 2020 season total of 2 PI in just 4 plays in week one..

#6 Bucs had pack-to-back PI calls in the final 2 minutes before half vs. Atlanta. 26 yards of advancement.
The NFL is going to be so much better off when Brady retires.
[Reply]
rtmike 11:57 AM 02-17-2021
Chris Simms?
Thannon Tharpe?

Surprised a talking head hasn't questioned this.

When Evans came back to the huddle and says, "dude, they were just" motioning with his arms like hugging you can see Brady looking around lije he's looking for a zebra to talk to about it and then camera cuts away?

He said something the play before about Dee Ford lining up in neutral zone and they called it the next play.

Let them play...until 'someone' starts complaining.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:24 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Black Op, IDK of you use Twitter or not but you should start sending your findings to Barry McCockiner (@ultraweedhater). Dude is the biggest troll to Patriot-tard Brady Ballwashers on the platform. He definitely gets attention from the people you’d want your info to get out to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No..I hate Twitter more than NFL corporate.

10K views for this thread is good enough...it'll grow from there.

This is FISA level game fixing...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:42 PM 02-17-2021
It took 27 DPI to get the Bucs to 11 wins. Just take away 2 from the Faders game and KC goes undefeated (til the SB)
[Reply]
bowener 10:01 AM 02-22-2021
I can't let this die. I am finding it fascinating, honestly.

I got bored so I decided to compare the last 3 seasons for some QBs. I accounted for Mahomes missing a game last season in which a DPI occurred. The numbers reflect total DPI called, not just accepted.

BLUF: in a 3-year span Rodgers, Mayfield, Cousins, Ryan, Prescott, Rivers, Allen, Wilson, Watson, and Mahomes averaged fewer calls than Tom's 2020 season at just under 28 beneficial calls (9.3 per season). Over that same period, Brady averages 18.3 per season. If you take 2017-2019 for Brady he received 39 beneficial calls. This season is far outside an outlier, and regardless of it being Brady, should be looked into. Obviously, it will not be...

Also, Watson should be pissed.

[HTML Tables were doing weird things so I attached an image if anybody cares]
Attached: BEN DPI TBL.PNG (14.0 KB) 
[Reply]
notorious 10:06 AM 02-22-2021
These numbers are only PI. What are the defensive holding stats?

Both are devastating on 3rd down.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:11 AM 02-22-2021
The NFL and their REFS LOVE Tom Brady. RIGGED!
[Reply]
PHOG 10:13 AM 02-22-2021
Mahomes had 4 this past year?!?! :-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up