ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 56
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:08 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Exhibit A of everything wrong with this hobby... its a gangster racket between these shitass flippers inflating the market, and Panini

The market stranglehold Panini has must be broken

Exactly

This guy has made a career out of a hobby.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:37 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd sell that thing now while Kobes on everyone's mind. Mind posting a pic of yours? Do you know the pop of your card? Id go through an auction house with it if you decide to sell. Lots of sketchy shit people can do on eBay. I bet you could get 200k easy.
The main drawback to mine is that the autos are sticker autos, however, as crazy as shit is right now, that doesn't matter as much as it once did. There is another one with this same grade listed in PWCC's vault right now for $550,000. I've already reached out to Ken Goldin to see how the process works (how much is his cut, how do I go about getting the card to him, etc.)

[Reply]
Valiant 12:50 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
The main drawback to mine is that the autos are sticker autos, however, as crazy as shit is right now, that doesn't matter as much as it once did. There is another one with this same grade listed in PWCC's vault right now for $550,000. I've already reached out to Ken Goldin to see how the process works (how much is his cut, how do I go about getting the card to him, etc.)

I would drive and hand deliver.

You could probably get more than the other value. Kobe is skyrocketing and MJ doesn't sign now unless upper deck I believe. Panini has the current contract. Shit depending on right factors you could have almost a million bucks.

Best of luck to you.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:12 AM 02-02-2021
All I have left is most of a 1989 Fleer baseball set. Still have 6 mint Bill Ripken FF cards. Sold a shitload in 1990.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:55 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
He is lying out his ass. They are pissed because they are not getting any of the cut.

Panini sells vast quantity to resellers off their website. They do not stop botters or limit most sales. They also price most of the market out directly.

Topps or upper deck need to be allowed to make football and see if we get better prices
Been a while since I watched that but I didn't sense any dishonesty. Your insinuation that he is lying about being upset about missing out on retail sales just doesn't make sense to me. If they are worried about missing out on retail or resale profit they could easily raise the the prices of their products on retail shelves. Which they really haven't in years. A blaster is still around $20. A Hanger is around $10. Fat packs about $5.

Panini does sell off their website. Better be quick, or forget it on hot products. What is exactly wrong with that? What pisses me off most about Panini is their redemption bullshit. I have some redemptions that have not been fulfilled going on 4+ years. And points? Who the fuck wants those?

I agree, Topps and Upper Deck should make football. Even though it would further saturate and devalue the market somewhat. But on the other end of that Panini needs to be allowed to have MLB logos, team names, autograph rights. Which means Topps and UD needs to drop their exclusive contracts as well if they were allowed produce football.

Panini isn't they only dog in the house with exclusive contracts.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:58 AM 02-03-2021
Its gotten so fucking bad around here its insane, you absolutely CANNOT find any cards at all... the only way I can get any cards, is to drive 30 miles to a little place that only sells the top drawer stuff that sells for a MINIMUM of $700 a box

Its so bad that I'm considering setting up a fake card store account with Panini so I can order factory direct... I absolutely hate these gangsters ruining the hobby, motherfuck Panini
Not going to happen.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:00 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Been a while since I watched that but I didn't sense any dishonesty. Your insinuation that he is lying about being upset about missing out on retail sales just doesn't make sense to me. If they are worried about missing out on retail or resale profit they could easily raise the the prices of their products on retail shelves. Which they really haven't in years. A blaster is still around $20. A Hanger is around $10. Fat packs about $5.

Panini does sell off their website. Better be quick, or forget it on hot products. What is exactly wrong with that? What pisses me off most about Panini is their redemption bullshit. I have some redemptions that have not been fulfilled going on 4+ years. And points? Who the **** wants those?

I agree, Topps and Upper Deck should make football. Even though it would further saturate and devalue the market somewhat. But on the other end of that Panini needs to be allowed to have MLB logos, team names, autograph rights. Which means Topps and UD needs to drop their exclusive contracts as well if they were allowed produce football.

It's crazy how hard it is to find retail. I thought it was due to the Coronavirus, but then I remember how hard it was to get 2018 NFL and 2019 NBA prizm. Prizm is easily the most highly sought after set of cards. Since the Coronavirus hit its been damn near impossible to find anything that is NFL or NBA.

A few weeks ago I walked into a Walmart and went to the card section and saw it completely stocked with NFL Prizm and NFL Mosaic. I was sick because I wanted to buy every single thing they had there, but was short on cash, but got paid the next day. We were there until like 1030 and they closed at 11, so I figured if I was able to get up early enough to get to that Walmart right after they opened I would be able to get all of them. The Walmart was an hour and a half away, so we leave the next morning and get to Walmart at about 8 am and not a single fucking pack was left. Like wtf? I bet they had damn near 20 Prizm blasters, 20 hanger boxes, and 20 cello packs and that doesn't even include the 20 or so Mosaic cellos.

How the fuck is that all gone in a matter of a couple of hours? I wonder if there are workers buying them up to make some money on them or if they have people come in the store and offer them money if they let them know when they are stocked? Something fishy is going on with distributers and/or workers.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:35 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's crazy how hard it is to find retail. I thought it was due to the Coronavirus, but then I remember how hard it was to get 2018 NFL and 2019 NBA prizm. Prizm is easily the most highly sought after set of cards. Since the Coronavirus hit its been damn near impossible to find anything that is NFL or NBA.

A few weeks ago I walked into a Walmart and went to the card section and saw it completely stocked with NFL Prizm and NFL Mosaic. I was sick because I wanted to buy every single thing they had there, but was short on cash, but got paid the next day. We were there until like 1030 and they closed at 11, so I figured if I was able to get up early enough to get to that Walmart right after they opened I would be able to get all of them. The Walmart was an hour and a half away, so we leave the next morning and get to Walmart at about 8 am and not a single fucking pack was left. Like wtf? I bet they had damn near 20 Prizm blasters, 20 hanger boxes, and 20 cello packs and that doesn't even include the 20 or so Mosaic cellos.

How the fuck is that all gone in a matter of a couple of hours? I wonder if there are workers buying them up to make some money on them or if they have people come in the store and offer them money if they let them know when they are stocked? Something fishy is going on with distributers and/or workers.
Yep, basketball started having issues a year or 2 prior to everything else. I think coronavirus has caused some issues, but I also think that basketball is just insanely popular in asia and that drives it with the added insanity of all us junk wax era kids finally having a bit of money to spend.

Supplies like top loaders, team/one-touch/graded card bags and sleeves are always a wait when ordering in bulk. My last bulk order with BCW from 2 months ago still hasn't shipped and is still on back order. Supplies are a racket right now as well.

That sucks about all those prizm blasters. If you can't pick them up when you see them, then they will be gone when you come back without a doubt. It could very well be workers. I am sure that some of them collect as well. But more than likely someone, or a few wjo know when the distributor stocks. You gotta find out when they stock. Maybe a front end manager would know.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:49 PM 02-03-2021
I went into walmart 2 weeks ago, hoping against hope they'd have a box or two

As I approach the aisle I see a guy standing there with a small cart, and two other guys standing nearby... so I asked the guy with the cart if he was the card distributor

"Yep thats me"

"Bring any football cards today?"

"Nope not today"

"I've been coming in here all spring, summer and fall, and have only scored two $20 boxes and a $5 pack in all that time, what the hell is going on?"

- he gives me a sheepish look -

"Well I just bring in what they send me"

Then these two fuckfaces standing there with him chime in wanting to come to his defense, both bearded in their late 20's - early 30's

"Yeah hey its rough out there, I know guys who'll sit in the parking lot for 7-8 hours waiting for the distributor blah blah blah, yeah retail is tough but the secondary market is booming blah blah blah"

The secondary market tripped the trigger, so I started ranting about flippers and how they're ruining the fucking hobby for EVERYONE... they kinda start looking sheepish themselves, averting their gaze and looking around, and the distributor is staying dead silent

So I look down into these two guys hands, and wouldn't you know they're both loaded the hell down with Magic Gathering and Pokemon cards, thats when it clicked what I was seeing... these 30 year old pieces of shit were flippers, in there buying everything up they could make money on, not because they're into that goofy ass kid stuff hobby, but solely to make money on flipping in the "secondary market" their shitasses love so much

If I'm unable to buy directly from Panini, its gonna be go time with customer service at wally world... they need to institute 2 box per customer rules, or something
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:40 PM 02-03-2021
I went into walmart 2 weeks ago, hoping against hope they'd have a box or two

As I approach the aisle I see a guy standing there with a small cart, and two other guys standing nearby... so I asked the guy with the cart if he was the card distributor

"Yep thats me"

"Bring any football cards today?"

"Nope not today"

"I've been coming in here all spring, summer and fall, and have only scored two $20 boxes and a $5 pack in all that time, what the hell is going on?"

- he gives me a sheepish look -

"Well I just bring in what they send me"

Then these two fuckfaces standing there with him chime in wanting to come to his defense, both bearded in their late 20's - early 30's

"Yeah hey its rough out there, I know guys who'll sit in the parking lot for 7-8 hours waiting for the distributor blah blah blah, yeah retail is tough but the secondary market is booming blah blah blah"

The secondary market tripped the trigger, so I started ranting about flippers and how they're ruining the fucking hobby for EVERYONE... they kinda start looking sheepish themselves, averting their gaze and looking around, and the distributor is staying dead silent

So I look down into these two guys hands, and wouldn't you know they're both loaded the hell down with Magic Gathering and Pokemon cards, thats when it clicked what I was seeing... these 30 year old pieces of shit were flippers, in there buying everything up they could make money on, not because they're into that goofy ass kid stuff hobby, but solely to make money on flipping in the "secondary market" their shitasses love so much

If I'm unable to buy directly from Panini, its gonna be go time with customer service at wally world... they need to institute 2 box per customer rules, or something

I don't know the resale value of Magic or Pokemon, but I can't imagine there is any real money being made flipping that type of retail after all fees. But I don't ever buy that so who knows. I just know Pokemon and Magic cards are in abundance in my local walmarts and the sportscards are always gone. Maybe a Archive baseball or some other wasteful low end product that you will never get any real value out of.

I told you this once before. Buy raw, buy on ebay, and buy the exact cards you want. I can guarantee you without hesitation the $20 you can spend on ebay buying raw cards you want will have more value and you don't have to waste the time opening packs. I've spent about $400-450 on cards since November. That is about the same as buying 20 retail blasters. Here is what I have bought rather than a shit ton of low value and common cards in retail..

2019 Encased Kelce Superscribe Auto /10
2013 Prestige Kelce Green Extra Point RC Auto /25
2013 Limited Kelce RC /299
2013 Elite Kelce RC /899
2013 Topps Chrome Kelce RC Blue Wave Parallel
2013 Certified Kelce New Generation red Foil RC /250
2020 Spectra Kelce /75
2020 Spectra Kelce /35
2018 Origins Kelce FOTL Purple /13
2015 Topps Chrome Kelce X-Fractor
2019 Panini Kelce Player of the day foil
2017 Phoenix Kelce Base
2017 Phoenix Kelce Pink /199
2018 Phoenix Kelce Unmatched Insert /299
2019 Phoenix Kelce Green parallel /25
2019 Phoenix Kelce Orange /99
2019 Phoenix Kelce Red /299
2019 Phoenix Kelce Catching Fire Insert Green /25
2019 Phoenix Kelce Catching Fire Insert Blue /35
2019 Phoenix Kelce Catching Fire Insert Yellow /75
2019 Phoenix Kelce Catching Fire Insert Purple /149
2019 Phoenix Kelce Catching Fire Insert Pink /199
2020 Phoenix Kelce Silver Base
2020 Phoenix Kelce Color Blast parallel
2020 Phoenix Kelce Fanatics Parallel x15
2020 Phoenix Kelce Red Parallel /299 x2
2020 Phoenix Kelce Pink /199
2020 Phoenix Kelce Teal /175
2020 Phoenix Kelce Purple /149
2020 Phoenix Kelce Orange /99
2020 Phoenix Kelce Yellow / 75
2020 Phoenix Kelce Fire & Ice "Cracked Ice" /50 x2
2020 Phoenix Kelce Green /25
2020 Phoenix Kelce Hot Routes Black /10
2020 Phoenix Kelce Hot Routes Green /25
2020 Phoenix Kelce Hot Routes Yellow /75
2020 Phoenix Kelce Hot Routes Purple /149
2020 Phoenix Kelce Hot Routes Pink /199
2020 Phoenix Kelce Hot Routes Red /299
2020 Phoenix Kelce Hot Routes Silver
2020 Prizm Kelce Green Parallel
2020 Prizm Kelce Red White & Blue
2020 Prizm Kelce Orange Lazer
2020 Prizm Kelce Orange Disco
2019 Prizm Kelce Red White & Blue
2019 Prizm Kelce Hyper /175
2018 Prizm Kelce Purple Power /49
2018 Prizm Kelce Lime Green Pulsar
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Silver parallel
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Blue
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Green
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Red
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Orange
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Purple
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Blue Wave /299
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Green Yellow /249
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Green Purple /199
2020 Prizm Draft Picks Kelce Red White Blue /99
2017 Select Kelce Premier Silver
2018 Select Kelce Concourse Dragon scale /88
2020 Mosiac Kelce Pink Camo
2020 Mosiac Kelce Green
2020 Mosiac Kelce Reactive Orange
2020 Mosiac Kelce Reactive Blue
2020 Phoenix Mahomes Base
2020 Phoenix Mahomes Silver
2020 Phoenix Mahomes Flame Throwers Silver
2020 Phoenix Mahomes Flame Throwers Purple /149
2020 Phoenix Mahomes Flame Throwers Teal /175
2016 Phoenix Tyreek Hill RC Pink Parallel /299
2016 Certified Tyreek Hill RC /999
2018 Spectra Tyreek Hell Catalysts Blue Disco Relic /99
2020 Elite Tyreek Red Foil /90
2020 Phoenix Tyreek Hot Routes Purple /149
2020 Phoenix Tyreek Hot Routes Red /299
2020 Illusions Clyde Starlight parallel
2020 Phoenix Clyde RC Purple /149
2020 Prizm Clyde RC Silver Disco Reverse Negative
2020 Certified Mecole Fabric of the Game relic /299
and a few Willie Gay RC's

You can't beat that list paying the same price in retail packs or boxes. It takes time and effort. But the hassle and frustration is 100% less. Notice the vast majority of those cards are all numbered. Try that with retail and it will never happen. My best pull from retail was a Topps 1/1 RC Printing plate of Jeff McNeil :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:10 PM 02-03-2021
Your input is always insightful, Sponge

Yeah as basically a singles/what looks cool collector, I dig your style of custom ordering what you want off ebay... it takes all the random luck out of it, and gets you exactly what you want

At the same time, that random luck is in many ways the appeal of it all to begin with... everyone from 8 year olds like I used to be, to 50 year olds today just want a shot at Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket

I've built a singles collection I'd dive into a house fire to save, just randomly collecting whenever possible

Anyway, I have no problems with someone like you... you are clearly a collector who enjoys the hobby and maybe flip ones you don't want or whatever, you're not the problem

But these assholes trying to make a killing off it, and their Panini enablers need to DIE
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:22 AM 02-07-2021

[Reply]
Pointer19 12:37 PM 02-07-2021
My best pull from retail was a Topps 1/1 RC Printing plate of Jeff McNeil :-)
Still got that McNeil and wanna sell?
[Reply]
Cleavage 01:58 PM 02-07-2021
Blue sharpie ink tends to fade if it's not from a brand new pen. I've had autographs in blue sharpies that have faded to almost nothing.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:18 PM 02-07-2021

Panini does sell off their website. Better be quick, or forget it on hot products. What is exactly wrong with that? What pisses me off most about Panini is their redemption bullshit. I have some redemptions that have not been fulfilled going on 4+ years. And points? Who the **** wants those?

My point is the dishonesty is him and panini being pissed at what is happening in retail. They do the exact same thing off their website in their direct sales.
They do not block botters, they allow card breakers and mass resellers to buy most of the cards. Then some cases they sell at 27k a box. Dutch auctions starting at 750 a case for a case worth 200. When they finally do a normal sell so many botters and mass resellers flood the system no normal person gets a chance. They also trunk off phone sales during those deals. This is the equivalent of wall street being pissed at reddit wall street bets. They are mad normal people are using the same strategy and making money.

What is happening from talking to people at walmart and target.
1. People follow the company stocking the cards. They give a kickback in certain instances.
2. Employees buy most of the product.
3. Random people buy most of the product.

Target and a few walmarts say you can only buy two items, so people go through self checkout. Until panini who owns the market for football and basketball starts allowing normal people a shot directly it is a moot point. Block the resellers and card breakers from getting so much quantity.

As for redemptions, don't they expire after 3 years?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 56
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up