ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 221
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:48 AM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by tooge:
Go to Rainy Lake or Lake of the Woods. Either are 50 fish/day type of lakes. Pike, walleye, perch, smallmouth, crappie. If you don't want to be there 5-7 days, shoot to Tennessee for some world class crappie fishing and huge catfish fishing on some of the reservoirs there (get a guide).

Tennessee is a state I was thinking about.

Hey has anyone fished the mighty Mississippi River?
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:54 PM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by tooge:
Go to Rainy Lake or Lake of the Woods. Either are 50 fish/day type of lakes. Pike, walleye, perch, smallmouth, crappie. If you don't want to be there 5-7 days, shoot to Tennessee for some world class crappie fishing and huge catfish fishing on some of the reservoirs there (get a guide).
I'll be at Lake of the Woods in late June for some of that 50 catch per day fishing. Hoping for mostly Walleye/Sauger though
[Reply]
bdj23 01:54 PM 01-25-2016
This mixture of high rivers and cold weather is making me depressed. I haven't been out since the last weekend of October. I'm dying to go fishing. Hopefully the high waters will stay/return in April and May, because last years fishing was amazing.
[Reply]
Strongside 02:00 PM 01-25-2016
I was on a photo shoot near the 'Glades last week. I wanted so badly to get out there and wet a line.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:50 PM 01-25-2016
I though I would be slaying them right now. It's been the coldest that it will get here the last week or so.
Haven't see the beds or gotten the preparation feeding action that I was expecting.
Hell, I've gotten no action.

I'm pretty sure this is the calm before the storm..
[Reply]
loochy 08:01 AM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I though I would be slaying them right now. It's been the coldest that it will get here the last week or so.
Haven't see the beds or gotten the preparation feeding action that I was expecting.
Hell, I've gotten no action.

I'm pretty sure this is the calm before the storm..
How do you plan to catch them? I'd say drag some lizards or jigs over the beds.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:02 PM 03-02-2016

Best fishing video I've ever seen. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:08 PM 03-06-2016
Hit Bennett Springs up this weekend. Fished exclusively in the river outside of the park and I caught over 70 trout. Best I've ever done there. Didn't hurt that the weather was awesome as well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:46 PM 03-06-2016
70 in one weekend, by yourself?

Mother of Earth thats absolutely incredible, Dartgod... wish I could experience that kind of nonstop action, sounds like a video game

Tat, love that vid, still not sure how that even happened on cheap 8 pound line... I've always felt cheated by not living next to the ocean
[Reply]
frozenchief 07:37 PM 03-06-2016
Anybody been to Cuba to go fly fishing? Several of my friends and I are putting togeth a trip for 2017 and I'd like to talk to someone who has been there.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:44 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Mother of Earth thats absolutely incredible, Dartgod... wish I could experience that kind of nonstop action, sounds like a video game

Tat, love that vid, still not sure how that even happened on cheap 8 pound line... I've always felt cheated by not living next to the ocean

Apparently there are tournaments with Barbie doll fishing poles lol I'm going set me up a rig.

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:00 PM 03-06-2016
He worked the pockets and edges of that bed textbook style

Just shows you can catch fish with any gear if you have half a clue, thanks for that post bref
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:44 PM 03-06-2016
I snuck out to the pond for 20 minutes tonight....first time this year. Caught 2 fish in first three casts. One 15" and one about 3lbs. Not a bad start for a 2 1/2 year old pond.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:48 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I snuck out to the pond for 20 minutes tonight....first time this year. Caught 2 fish in first three casts. One 15" and one about 3lbs. Not a bad start for a 2 1/2 year old pond.

It was so nice out Wednesday when I had to work so I was all ready to go Thursday but then it got cold and windy out and I went outside and said Fuck.

I've fished in 50mph winds before and actually caught a couple bass doing it but I'm not in season form so I didn't go but damn I'm itching to get out there.

One of these days it turns nice I'm going call into work saying my arm is in a cast.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:06 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Yeah, by myself.

22 on Friday, 42 on Saturday and only 9 in two hours this morning. I've never seen it that active. There were a lot of smalls in there though. Of the 22 I caught on Friday, only 3 or 4 of them were worth keeping. Saturday was a better day for size.

Bennett Springs was flooded in December and most of the fish in their hatchery flowed out into the Niangua River. So that explains somewhat why it is so active now.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 221
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Up