ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 31
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:10 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Man. I was able watch the first episode up until...

Spoiler!

...and I just couldn't take any more of this bland garbage. It's like watching paint dry. Back when stuff like this was on TV it was popular because it hadn't already been done to death for 75 years. I suppose if I actually liked Olsen as an actress, the Scarlet Witch and Vision as characters, and was willing to watch it just because of that...then I might be entertained. As it is no thanks.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
007 10:23 PM 01-15-2021
What the fuck did I just watch? Oh and leeeeegsssss.
[Reply]
thabear04 11:23 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!

This is what I found the first one seem almost right.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:30 PM 01-15-2021
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:09 AM 01-16-2021

[Reply]
srvy 12:31 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Man. I was able watch the first episode up until...

Spoiler!

...and I just couldn't take any more of this bland garbage. It's like watching paint dry. Back when stuff like this was on TV it was popular because it hadn't already been done to death for 75 years. I suppose if I actually liked Olsen as an actress, the Scarlet Witch and Vision as characters, and was willing to watch it just because of that...then I might be entertained. As it is no thanks.
Yep I was able to finish both episodes. I think I'd rather have my fingernails ripped from my digits then soaked in rubbing alcohol than watch again.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:02 AM 01-16-2021
Agreed. Strong sense of nostalgia in a few places, taking me back to the early days of sitcom reruns.

And Elizabeth Olsen.....hnnnng. I'm going to have to rock/paper/scissor with Buehler over her.
Dibs. Motherfucker.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:09 AM 01-16-2021
Yeah. If it was just sitcom schlock it would be fine. But the parts that were creepy were by god creepy. The stark toaster and the stop it stop it stop it from the bosses wife and then the radio thing was just fucking straight up creepy.

If it was just a sitcom it would be bad. It’s obvious this isn’t that. And Bettany and Olsen do a pretty damn fantastic job of being charismatic enough to keep a guy engaged. Plus some of the jokes are damned funny. The whole chewing gum thing was actually pretty damn funny. I laughed every time the cartoon gears froze up.

And Elizabeth Olsen continues to get hotter. Somehow. We need to get science on it because I’m lost. Christ she’s a dime.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:03 AM 01-16-2021
So looking forward to watching today
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:28 AM 01-16-2021
Not gonna lie, I barely made it through the first episode. In my defense, I had been up for 20 hours. I’ll watch it again tonight.
And I might add, I didn’t hit one spoiler tab in this thread. NOT ONE!!!!

Sorry Buehler, Mary-kates and Ashley’s sister is all mine.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:22 AM 01-16-2021
Hope it gets better soon....if I want Black and White TV I can watch the Decades Channel.

I get these first couple of episodes are supposed to build up to something better ( or at least I hope it does) but I just wasn't as excited after these 2 as I was The Mandalorian.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:35 AM 01-16-2021
I thought the first two episodes were absolutely amazing.

First off, the showrunners spared absolutely no detail in recreating the Petrie household from The Dick Van Dyke Show, then followed that up by sparing no detail in recreating the Darin and Samantha Stevens household of Bewitched (I really loved the title sequence in Episode 2!). Casting Kathryn Hahn, who's really become a treasure as of late, was a stroke of brilliance. She can do that "smarmy" housewife trip perfectly, then flip a switch and become something altogether different.

I thought the first episode did a brilliant job of asking "What am I doing with my life and what am I doing here?", not only because they were living in the world of two classic and all time great family sitcoms, but with their careers and home lives and their lives in general. Mad Men did an excellent job of asking that question that so many people in the 60's, especially housewives, were struggling with that WandaVision is asking as well:

Is this it?

Clearly, Wanda is trapped somewhere but the illusion of the perfect 1960 American household, which she must have seen on TV as a child in Sokovia, is stopping her from thinking clearly. But where is she and maybe more importantly, when?

Knowing that this program will directly tie into Dr. Strange & The Multiverse of Madness along with Captain Marvel 2, chances are that's she's somehow warped reality or maybe she's stuck in between alternate universes or hopefully, something completely unpredictable.

Either way, I am in!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:53 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Casting Kathryn Hahn, who's really become a treasure as of late, was a stroke of brilliance. She can do that "smarmy" housewife trip perfectly, then flip a switch and become something altogether different.
Fixed your post
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:55 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

First off, the showrunners spared absolutely no detail in recreating the Petrie household from The Dick Van Dyke Show, then followed that up by sparing no detail in recreating the Darin and Samantha Stevens household of Bewitched (I really loved the title sequence in Episode 2!). Casing Jessica Hahn, who's really become a treasure as of late, was a stroke of brilliance. She can do that "smarmy" housewife trip perfectly, then flip a switch and become something altogether different.

I thought the first episode did a brilliant job of asking "What am I doing with my life and what am I doing here?", not only because they were living in the world of two classic and all time great family sitcoms, but with their careers and home lives and their lives in general. Mad Men did an excellent job of asking that question that so many people in the 60's, especially housewives, were struggling with that WandaVision is asking as well:

Is this it?

Clearly, Wanda is trapped somewhere but the illusion of the perfect 1960 American household, which she must have seen on TV as a child in Sokovia, is stopping her from thinking clearly. But where is she and maybe more importantly, when?

Knowing that this program will directly tie into Dr. Strange & The Multiverse of Madness along with Captain Marvel 2, chances are that's she's somehow warped reality or maybe she's stuck in between alternate universes or hopefully, something completely unpredictable.

Either way, I am in!
I get where you are coming from.......I guess it just didn't flip the switch for me like it does you.

But knowing the quality of most all the Marvel projects they have earned enough points for me to be patient.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:03 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I get where you are coming from.......I guess it just didn't flip the switch for me like it does you.

But knowing the quality of most all the Marvel projects they have earned enough points for me to be patient.
FYI, this was not supposed to be the first Marvel TV series that went to air. The Falcon & The Winter Soldier was supposed to be first, followed by Loki, then WandaVision but COVID delayed the completion of the other two series, so WV aired first.

I think that it would have been better received by some people had a more "traditional" Marvel series like The Falcon & Winter Soldier aired before a series like WV, which was purposely meant to be something different and outside the box.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 31
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up