ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 507 of 1825
« First < 7407457497503504505506507 50850951051151755760710071507 > Last »
The Lounge>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED



OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:20 PM 09-03-2017
First off, I'm not a Smith appologist.
Second, he was excactly what you say we needed, a stop gap to stop the bleeding from the previous administration, while they searched for a true QBOTF. Those guys don't grow on trees you know.
Third, he was the best available QB at the time and has won a lot of games for this team. 3rd most in the past 4 years.
Knock the guy all you want but, this team was so bad the fucking browns fans felt sorry for us and he played a big roll in making us respectable again. Now that we have our guy, we can move on.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:22 PM 09-03-2017
ABOUT TO DROP SOME FIRE


[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:24 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
ABOUT TO DROP SOME FIRE

Oh baby...

blood leaving brain and headed southward.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:33 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
First off, I'm not a Smith appologist.
Second, he was excactly what you say we needed, a stop gap to stop the bleeding from the previous administration, while they searched for a true QBOTF. Those guys don't grow on trees you know.
Third, he was the best available QB at the time and has won a lot of games for this team. 3rd most in the past 4 years.
Knock the guy all you want but, this team was so bad the fucking browns fans felt sorry for us and he played a big roll in making us respectable again. Now that we have our guy, we can move on.
No, he was not.

He was brought to KC with every intention of revitalizing his career while pushing/coaching him to be a legitimate, long-term Franchise QB.

Reid tried and tried and tried, but it wouldn't take. The damage was already done, and absolutely permanent.
I don't blame Reid for giving it a go, but I DO blame the Chiefs for RUSHING to extend this guy when they absolutely DID NOT NEED TO DO SO for another year.
And had they gambled?
They would have won.
BIG.
Smith's season after signing that contract was pure ass(11). And as a result, we gambled on Houston instead and lost.
BIG.

Jesus H. Hotwheels, did it REALLY take a genius to figure out which of these two players had the highest probability of turning in a successful season?

But as you say, it's over. We're finally moving on and it appears that we finally put preparation enough together to garner a little bit of "luck" in our dealings.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:36 PM 09-03-2017
0
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
First off, I'm not a Smith appologist.
S0econd, he was excactly what you say we needed, a stop gap to stop the bleeding from the previous administration, while they searched for a true QBOTF. Those guys don't grow on trees you know.
Third, he was the best available QB at the time and has won a lot of games for this team. 3rd most in the past 4 years.
Knock the guy all you want but, this team was so bad the ****ing browns fans felt sorry for us and he played a big roll in making us respectable again. Now that we have our guy, we can move on.
Carson Palmer was traded the same year for like a 6th.. so you are incorrect.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:40 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
0

Carson Palmer was traded the same year for like a 6th.. so you are incorrect.
Was that to the Cards? If so, he was coming off a shittacular season with the faid and everyone thought he was done
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:52 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
Was that to the Cards? If so, he was coming off a shittacular season with the faid and everyone thought he was done
Has he been better than Ass11.. yes or no? Your statement was wrong. It happens... own it and make a different argument
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:58 PM 09-03-2017
Googled my Pat Mahomes rookie card today... $1.99 :-)

As a former hobbyist, I really should've known better... only a combination of game jersey/signed/gold foil prism moon rock embedded ultra-rare cards are worth anything

He hasnt even played a regular season game, and some of his cards are topping $200
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:59 PM 09-03-2017
At the time, he was, by all accounts, DONE. So, he did resurect his career, but at the time he was dog shit. Therefore I am not wrong
[Reply]
thegame214 07:03 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
ABOUT TO DROP SOME FIRE

My man :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:03 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
At the time, he was, by all accounts, DONE. So, he did resurect his career, but at the time he was dog shit. Therefore I am not wrong
So Brady wasnt the best player in his draft? 6th round pick.. never going to amount to shit right?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:08 PM 09-03-2017
.. God it still blows my mind that Trent wasn't allowed to audible in Saunders' offense.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:11 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
So Brady wasnt the best player in his draft? 6th round pick.. never going to amount to shit right?
WTF does Brady have to do with this? Palmer was let go from 2 teams because they thought he was done and he managed to prove everyone wrong. Can't fault Gm's around the league for not taking a flier on him given his recent history. Reid and Dorsey went and got the best guy available who fit the scheme. There were no Brady's available...
[Reply]
Bowser 07:12 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
ABOUT TO DROP SOME FIRE

via GIPHY


[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:15 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Modser:
via GIPHY
You gotta' love the tag lines. Super spectacular.

Is that my boy Jackie Earl?
[Reply]
Page 507 of 1825
« First < 7407457497503504505506507 50850951051151755760710071507 > Last »
Up