ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
Hootie 10:58 AM 11-30-2010
I don't even see what the big deal is...

So what if he "pussies up" in the face of pressure...

Every single year the Colts suit up they are one Manning injury away from being a bottom dweller...

The whole offense is a timing offense...based off of timing routes and precision...they aren't built for a Roethlisberger type improv offense...Manning doesn't do crazy Eli shit in the pocket...he expects his receivers to be in certain spots based off of certain calls and he delivers it to a certain spot on every pass...

He doesn't take hits because he calls the plays as he sees them...and if executed correctly he's right 90% of the time...which is just insane.

Even against San Diego he was making throws not many QBs could make...

There is no player in the NFL that is more responsible for the success of his team (good or bad) than Peyton Manning...that entire team (even the defense) feeds off of Peyton Manning...

He runs the team...he has, without a doubt, more power than Jim Caldwell. He IS the Colts.

Without him they aren't even a 3 win team. Shit, they may not even be able to win a game.
[Reply]
milkman 11:15 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
I don't even see what the big deal is...

So what if he "pussies up" in the face of pressure...

Every single year the Colts suit up they are one Manning injury away from being a bottom dweller...

The whole offense is a timing offense...based off of timing routes and precision...they aren't built for a Roethlisberger type improv offense...Manning doesn't do crazy Eli shit in the pocket...he expects his receivers to be in certain spots based off of certain calls and he delivers it to a certain spot on every pass...

He doesn't take hits because he calls the plays as he sees them...and if executed correctly he's right 90% of the time...which is just insane.

Even against San Diego he was making throws not many QBs could make...

There is no player in the NFL that is more responsible for the success of his team (good or bad) than Peyton Manning...that entire team (even the defense) feeds off of Peyton Manning...

He runs the team...he has, without a doubt, more power than Jim Caldwell. He IS the Colts.

Without him they aren't even a 3 win team. Shit, they may not even be able to win a game.
Your entire argument is based on hypotheticals.

What if Manning were injured?
What if Manning were in New England?

I would argue that if Manning had a stronger coach over the years, a coach that contolled the gaem rather than giving up than control to Manning, that the Colts would have more than one SB win.

But that's nothing more than speculation and conjecture.

I would also argue that warner has already proven that he was every bit as important to the Cards as you speculate that Manning is to the Colts.

I would also speculate that Manning is as important to his team as you do, but until he's hurt and missed a few games, then my argument to that effect is as much speculation as is yours.
[Reply]
milkman 11:17 AM 11-30-2010
And the reason the fact that he pussies up in the face of pressure is important is because it has cost his teams wins against teams in the playoffs over the years when he has been faced with consistent pressure.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:18 AM 11-30-2010
Meh.

Well I could argue that Tom Brady hasn't won shit since Spygate...

a scandal so ridiculous Goodell had to destroy the evidence.
[Reply]
milkman 11:23 AM 11-30-2010
Meh.

Well I could argue that Tom Brady hasn't won shit since Spygate...

a scandal so ridiculous Goodell had to destroy the evidence.
One thing in all this bullshit that we can agree on.

Coaching clearly makes a difference.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:31 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
One thing in all this bullshit that we can agree on.

Coaching clearly makes a difference.
well in terms of Cassel, it is clear.

I know his season isn't really indicative of his stat line...I was cursing him like everyone else for the first quarter of the season.

but the dude is showing potential...and he's doing it the right way...he's not having Derek Anderson meltdowns...he's putting in the work, he's trying to improve, he's clearly the leader of the offense...

He's not a world beater yet, he may never be...

but I will say this...and this is a pipe dream...but no one thought New England had a chance in the world in 2001...they were kind of the joke of the playoffs...and they should have lost right away to Oakland...

but after that...it just...happened...the Pats beat the Steelers and then Bledsoe played a great game to get them to the Super Bowl...

and then they upset the Rams and Tom Terrific was born...

if the Chiefs were to miraculously repeat this history...I guarantee Matt Cassel would develop into a franchise QB right before our eyes...it would be deja vu...

That 2001 Super Bowl did more for Tom Brady's development than any coaching could ever do...it gave him a swagger that he's had ever since.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:42 AM 11-30-2010
wow...

this is coming from the poster with one of the most annoying posting styles in the history of message boards...

I wish DaFace would post some rep stats...I'd love to see how ROR got all his rep...and all the rep he had to give away to get his rep.
I knew I could count on you to make this thread about YOU.
Great job!

Originally Posted by doomy3:
Good point, Rick (added italics for effect for your name, since calling someone by their first name is apparently some sort of tough guy tactic).
No "tough guy" about it. Just pointing out what a douche you are, sweety.
[Reply]
milkman 11:53 AM 11-30-2010
well in terms of Cassel, it is clear.

I know his season isn't really indicative of his stat line...I was cursing him like everyone else for the first quarter of the season.

but the dude is showing potential...and he's doing it the right way...he's not having Derek Anderson meltdowns...he's putting in the work, he's trying to improve, he's clearly the leader of the offense...

He's not a world beater yet, he may never be...

but I will say this...and this is a pipe dream...but no one thought New England had a chance in the world in 2001...they were kind of the joke of the playoffs...and they should have lost right away to Oakland...

but after that...it just...happened...the Pats beat the Steelers and then Bledsoe played a great game to get them to the Super Bowl...

and then they upset the Rams and Tom Terrific was born...

if the Chiefs were to miraculously repeat this history...I guarantee Matt Cassel would develop into a franchise QB right before our eyes...it would be deja vu...

That 2001 Super Bowl did more for Tom Brady's development than any coaching could ever do...it gave him a swagger that he's had ever since.
In the case if the Patriots winning Sbs, in Brady's development, in Cassel's development this year, in the Chiefs playing well enough to be in teh playoff hunt, it's clear that coaching makes a big difference.

It's why I think a better coach than Tony Dungy who took control of that team away from Manning woulf have helped that team win more than one SB.

Without Manning, Tongy Dungy is Herman fucking Edwards before Herman fucking Edwards.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:04 PM 11-30-2010
This thread was really getting good until Hootie came in and threw up Manning jizz all over the place and everyone left.
[Reply]
Frankie 10:17 PM 11-30-2010
This thread was also about Haley's Class that not many are talking about.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:08 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by Frankie:
This thread was also about Haley's Class that not many are talking about.
I hope that "sitting on the ball" takes a hike this Sunday if the situation arises...
[Reply]
zonachief 06:39 PM 12-01-2010
Well, in fairness, Deion Branch has had 1 100 yard game since being re-acquired.

But hey...that's what great QB's do...they get the most out of their talent....

Somehow for Brady he has no weapons ever...

but Manning just has great weapons that make him look great...

Nevermind the fact that Tamme looks every bit as good as Clark...or Garcon/Collie came in last year and replace Harrison like he was nothing...or the fact that Wayne is just another guy who is overrated because he's had a QB with pinpoint accuracy his entire career...

but you're right...

Manning was only putting up the numbers Brady couldn't do early in his career because he had Harrison/Wayne and James...

He hasn't since proven that to be fiction or anything.

If anything...you'd have to think Harrison (like I've said all along) is probably pretty overrated...

And the comparison I've always made...had Harrison and Kennison flip-flopped draft spots...I bet we'd be talking about Kennison the same way we talk about Harrison now...you know...as a 1st ballot HOF'er...
This...except the whole kennison HOF thing. Whoever plays WR with Manning looks legit....Garcon, Collie, Blair White...etc.
[Reply]
zonachief 06:45 PM 12-01-2010
and we saw what brady did with weapons...50 passing tds
[Reply]
Frankie 11:50 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by ROR:
I hope that "sitting on the ball" takes a hike this Sunday if the situation arises...
I really think that was a message to McDefecates since he'll be watching the tapes this week.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:49 AM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by Frankie:
I really think that was a message to McDefecates since he'll be watching the tapes this week.
I think a better message is 72-14.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Up