ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 29
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
GloryDayz 08:37 AM 03-21-2024
Loooooong, but the man makes some good points. Coming from a dude who thinks baseball is a downtown sport. But he's right when he says "the team" is doing very little, nothing actually, to ensure that the Royals do the one thing they can do to ensure people attend games - have a team that can compete in their division and in the league - instead of essentially being a farm team for the league's teams who put their money where their mouth is when they talk about being winners.

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:22 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Loooooong, but the man makes some good points. Coming from a dude who thinks baseball is a downtown sport. But he's right when he says "the team" is doing very little, nothing actually, to ensure that the Royals do the one thing they can do to ensure people attend games - have a team that can compete in their division and in the league - instead of essentially being a farm team for the league's teams who put their money where their mouth is when they talk about being winners.

You're a fucking idiot
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:11 AM 03-21-2024
The farm team for other teams? It's like people spew crap they know nothing about. Royals haven't been that in 15 years. It's more incompetent from drafting than spending money. They have kept every big player that have developed sans Hosmer, and they dodged a big bullet there.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:18 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The farm team for other teams? It's like people spew crap they know nothing about. Royals haven't been that in 15 years. It's more incompetent from drafting than spending money. They have kept every big player that have developed sans Hosmer, and they dodged a big bullet there.
:-) More excuses for a 100-loss season.

But hey, I still think baseball is a downtown sport and the Royals should move downtown because of that.

And don't worry, it'll pass...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:26 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
:-) More excuses for a 100-loss season.

But hey, I still think baseball is a downtown sport and the Royals should move downtown because of that.

And don't worry, it'll pass...

It’s a complete bullshit talking point.

I mean claiming the Royals have been failing because they’re developing players and not keeping them.

The Royals have been bad not because they’re not paying to keep their own talent but instead because they’ve done a bad job of drafting and developing talent.

The new ownership team just made an enormous commitment to the great young player it had developed while also spending real money on free agents, and did that while the shit bag incompetents who bought the media rights were in such bad shape it was questionable if the team would even get that payout.

You can say a lot about the royals failures and be right, but claiming the Royals are a farm team for others is absolute fucking bullshit that is 20 years out of date.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:51 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s a complete bullshit talking point.

I mean claiming the Royals have been failing because they’re developing players and not keeping them.

The Royals have been bad not because they’re not paying to keep their own talent but instead because they’ve done a bad job of drafting and developing talent.

The new ownership team just made an enormous commitment to the great young player it had developed while also spending real money on free agents, and did that while the shit bag incompetents who bought the media rights were in such bad shape it was questionable if the team would even get that payout.

You can say a lot about the royals failures and be right, but claiming the Royals are a farm team for others is absolute fucking bullshit that is 20 years out of date.
Fair enough, so let's wait a few years, at least two years, before we make this decision. Is that fair, or do we really need to make this decision now, seven years out? Three years ought to be enough time to figure out if they're truly committed to spending what to takes to get people who can see talent, the right group to develop those good recruits, and then keep them.

I think we're doing this vote way too early, and I'm not sure this owner is as committed to winning as you seem to think he is.

We shall see, but for now I'm a "no" vote...
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:33 AM 03-21-2024
There is no rational reason to pony up over a billion in taxpayer dollars to fund a private endeavor that doesn't actually add to the local economy save for drastically fewer than 1,000 full time jobs 'created'. The logical vote is "no."

That being said, the temper tantrum from "certain" people if it passes will be fucking delightful.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:53 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There is no rational reason to pony up over a billion in taxpayer dollars to fund a private endeavor that doesn't actually add to the local economy save for drastically fewer than 1,000 full time jobs 'created'. The logical vote is "no."

That being said, the temper tantrum from "certain" people if it passes will be fucking delightful.
It'll pass, if not this go-round, one of the future go-rounds.
[Reply]
srvy 10:37 AM 03-21-2024
So apparently the royals architect called a news conference today at 11 am. They are going I am told to explain some things including how they will deal with parking.

I am unable to see that one did anyone catch it?

It has been said by Sherman there are easily 40,000 parking spots within the area of the proposed stadium. I would love to see where he is coming up with this figure.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:43 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
So apparently the royals architect called a news conference today at 11 am. They are going I am told to explain some things including how they will deal with parking.

It has been said by Sherman there are easily 40,000 parking spots within the area of the proposed stadium. I would love to see where he is coming up with this figure.
Parking is available but it definitely wouldn't be convenient for the average doofus.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:01 AM 03-21-2024

Aren't there only like 25k spots at TSC anyway?
[Reply]
srvy 12:15 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Aren't there only like 25k spots at TSC anyway?
That sounds about right as far as paved parking. When you add in grassy areas which are uncountable that increases some of the parking area. And there are fully paved large area bus parking that are unstriped and uncountable.

Populous Architecture said earlier that 40000 parking spaces are available within 15 minute walking distance of the proposed new site. I would imagine they walked that back some today. They already had to somewhat weeks ago. They were asked if those were available anytime spaces. They admitted no but that they are usually open in evening and on weekends lol.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:27 PM 03-21-2024
That sounds about right as far as paved parking. When you add in grassy areas which are uncountable that increases some of the parking area. And there are fully paved large area bus parking that are unstriped and uncountable.

Populous Architecture said earlier that 40000 parking spaces are available within 15 minute walking distance of the proposed new site. I would imagine they walked that back some today. They already had to somewhat weeks ago. They were asked if those were available anytime spaces. They admitted no but that they are usually open in evening and on weekends lol.
Yeah, I know there are a ton of surface lots (whether they're available to the public or not), but that number does seem awfully high.

Seems strange they would quote a number that's so far off from what they actually need.... I mean, I know the dating scene in KC is kind of rough, but would expect some people to drive with SOs/spouses/family.

And then given the number of people terrified of downtown, there's a subset who will use the buddy system and drive together.

If the stadium seats only 35k, not sure why they just wouldn't use a realistic number for how many they need plus some.... parking won't be nearly as bad as some are saying, but needlessly lying like it's a parking lot mecca is dumb.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:40 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I know there are a ton of surface lots (whether they're available to the public or not), but that number does seem awfully high.

Seems strange they would quote a number that's so far off from what they actually need.... I mean, I know the dating scene in KC is kind of rough, but would expect some people to drive with SOs/spouses/family.

And then given the number of people terrified of downtown, there's a subset who will use the buddy system and drive together.

If the stadium seats only 35k, not sure why they just wouldn't use a realistic number for how many they need plus some.... parking won't be nearly as bad as some are saying, but needlessly lying like it's a parking lot mecca is dumb.
Like when they have a game no one will be using the 40000 available spots. Its a scam and a total grift.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:23 AM 03-21-2024

His high dollar ass wont have to walk through a shooting gallery to his car parked in the break in and steal your shit zone. So if you do, just watch yer 6 and walk fast
[Reply]
Page 17 of 29
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up