ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Heavy Metal & Hard Rock thread
lawrenceRaider 10:15 AM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Put me squarely in the overarching "Heavy Metal" category. I looked at the list of songs/albums and I see Priest and Sabbath a bunch of times. I see Dio, Ozzy, and Motorhead. Yeah, unlike politics in this country, I can say I squarely identify with one group.

Speaking of maps, what is your favorite "birthplace"? Obviously, mine is Birmingham, UK since that's where both Sabbath and Priest started.
Gotta go with Birmingham. Everything really comes from that.

Though I love Gothenburg as well.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:38 AM 05-04-2023
Put me squarely in the overarching "Heavy Metal" category. I looked at the list of songs/albums and I see Priest and Sabbath a bunch of times. I see Dio, Ozzy, and Motorhead. Yeah, unlike politics in this country, I can say I squarely identify with one group.

Speaking of maps, what is your favorite "birthplace"? Obviously, mine is Birmingham, UK since that's where both Sabbath and Priest started.
London - Hendrix, Maiden, Deep Purple, T-Rex, Cream/Clapton, Bananarama, Bowie, Foghat, Queen, Motorhead.

that mapofmetal has me feeling stunted. I either admit I like Glam Metal or I get stuck in the 70s. Visual Kei? yeah... I can fucks with that
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:40 AM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm sure everyone here has already checked this out, but just in case.

http://mapofmetal.com/
I hadn't seen that before. thanks for the reminder
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:50 AM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm sure everyone here has already checked this out, but just in case.

http://mapofmetal.com/
This is one is a bit more updated.

https://www.boundbymetal.com/en/comm...l-genres-graph
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:42 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
This is one is a bit more updated.

https://www.boundbymetal.com/en/comm...l-genres-graph
There's a lot going on there and a truly valiant effort but I'm not seeing Mincecore which is a gem of a Grindcore subgenre

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:31 AM 05-04-2023

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:42 AM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

I puffed a bowl with the singer from Warbringer outside the Hurricane Riot Room in KC on their tour with Exodus, probably '08 or so

War Without End is a favorite of mine
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:03 AM 05-04-2023
Great live sound on this one.

[Reply]
Buddy Rich 10:09 AM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:

You ain't kidding
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 AM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:

One of my favorite Priest songs. The early stuff is really heavy for it's time.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 10:51 AM 05-04-2023
One of my favorite older Priest tunes with some SERIOUS drumming from a young Simon Phillips. Hard to believe this was recorded in early '77.

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
One of my favorite older Priest tunes with some SERIOUS drumming from a young Simon Phillips. Hard to believe this was recorded in early '77.

Also one of my favorite Priest tracks. Sin After Sin is top 5 for me as far as their catalog.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:39 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
Forgot to mention that Sin After Sin ends with Dissident Aggressor (later covered by Slayer) which is one of their heaviest tunes in the early years.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 02:56 PM 05-04-2023
Forgot to mention that Sin After Sin ends with Dissident Aggressor (later covered by Slayer) which is one of their heaviest tunes in the early years.
Hell yeah...one of my favorites again with a 19 year old Simon Phillips working the drums.

[Reply]
Buddy Rich 03:26 PM 05-04-2023
I'm a drummer and Simon Phillips happens to be one of my favorites. Here is on The Michael Schenker Group record in 1980. This is a good song.

[Reply]
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up