ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 149
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:28 PM 08-15-2020
Split a pair of 4-2 games with the Twins today! :-)

9-12 on the season.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:37 PM 08-15-2020
I’m liking the Man Bun-Rosie combo.

What’s up with Zimmer?
[Reply]
tk13 06:16 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I’m liking the Man Bun-Rosie combo.

What’s up with Zimmer?
Supposedly he tweaked something I believe, or at least had some kind of twinge in his arm I think. Sounds like he was fine, but they're just being cautious.
[Reply]
tk13 06:17 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That’s the problem.
The Royals aren’t talented enough to win jackshit.
If Staumont/Rosenthal pitch like that, they can win baseball games. Even in today's league where there's a lot of hard throwers, there aren't many teams who can run two guys with 100 mph stuff at the end of games.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:10 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Supposedly he tweaked something I believe, or at least had some kind of twinge in his arm I think. Sounds like he was fine, but they're just being cautious.
Thanks! I somehow missed that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:43 AM 08-16-2020
After Merrifield this team is bad.

When your 2 best hitters after Merrifield are O’Hearn & Lopez...your team sucks.

Is there hope? Yes, but need a couple more great drafts to get guys like Witt Jr & Asa Lacy into the system. Rocker or Leiter would have been great additions.

But I’m glad you guys are rooting for a 24-36 season. Just enough to miss the playoffs & the top talent. Way to go!
[Reply]
tk13 11:55 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
After Merrifield this team is bad.

When your 2 best hitters after Merrifield are O’Hearn & Lopez...your team sucks.

Is there hope? Yes, but need a couple more great drafts to get guys like Witt Jr & Asa Lacy into the system. Rocker or Leiter would have been great additions.

But I’m glad you guys are rooting for a 24-36 season. Just enough to miss the playoffs & the top talent. Way to go!
I just don't think we're bad enough to get the #1 pick. We've got a legit superstar in Whit. One of the best power hitters in the league in Soler. Perez is a good player. Keller's a very good pitcher, Singer and Bubic are up and coming guys with legit stuff. And that doesn't include guys with legit raw talent like Mondesi and Dozier.

That just doesn't compare to teams like the Pirates and Mariners. Credit to the Orioles though, they've stepped up so far.

And what we didn't expect was that the bullpen was going to be super legit. That's probably the biggest thing. As we've learned over the last 10 years, that will win you games you otherwise wouldn't win. If those two guys keep pitching like they have, you have a better shot sneaking into an 8 seed than you do beating all the teams who are openly tanking with terrible rosters.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:40 PM 08-16-2020
Let’s talk David Cone.

Fri rain delay showed an interview with him by Fran Healy. Damn Cone is a cool cat. Among other things, he said went he was traded to NY in ‘95 he said “I was ready. I loved NYC. They knew it I knew it. I was never afraid of anything”

Said “When I met with Mr K winter of 92 he said ‘You were the one who got away and I’m gonna make it right. And put down a $9M signing bonus on the table and I had to leave the room I was so amazed.”

1988 ASG. Gubie won 20 that year but those other 2 should’ve been in our rotation with Sabes and Leibrandt. That rotation would’ve given Oakland a serious run. Still pissed about that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Split a pair of 4-2 games with the Twins today! :-)

9-12 on the season.
Projects to about a 25-35 season. Woohoo!!!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:06 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Projects to about a 25-35 season. Woohoo!!!
Which would be 68-94 if we had played a whole season.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:16 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Sounds about right.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:28 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Well. It wouldn’t be a 3rd season in a row of 100 losses. So progress....
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:38 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Let’s talk David Cone.

Fri rain delay showed an interview with him by Fran Healy. Damn Cone is a cool cat. Among other things, he said went he was traded to NY in ‘95 he said “I was ready. I loved NYC. They knew it I knew it. I was never afraid of anything”

Said “When I met with Mr K winter of 92 he said ‘You were the one who got away and I’m gonna make it right. And put down a $9M signing bonus on the table and I had to leave the room I was so amazed.”

1988 ASG. Gubie won 20 that year but those other 2 should’ve been in our rotation with Sabes and Leibrandt. That rotation would’ve given Oakland a serious run. Still pissed about that.
Yep, they traded him for a bad player that promptly was injured and done.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:22 AM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Let’s talk David Cone.

Don’t forget Danny Jackson was the best pitcher in the National League that year, too.

The shitty returns for trading Cone and Jackson and later Saberhagen single-handedly torpedoed that late 80s/early 90s squad, along with Bo’s injury.

I mean, Kurt fucking Stilwell and Ed Hearn? McReynolds?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:56 AM 08-17-2020
Just think how much better the MLB playoffs are now. 1989 Royals had second best record in entire MLB. Yet they finished 7 games behind the Athletics. No playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 149
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Up