ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 534 of 1209
« First < 34434484524530531532533534 5355365375385445846341034 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:44 PM 05-21-2017
Doing some ribeyes and veggie skewers tonight. Got some zucchini from the farmer's market, mini yellow potatoes, Vidalia onion, and cremini mushrooms that I'll baste with some garlic butter on the grill.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:04 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Pics are a bit shitty as I was dining on the curb.
I did that once in the town of Versaille France which had a wonderul outdoor street market. I was laughed at by the French for eating a whole chicken with my sister sitting on the curb. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:15 PM 05-21-2017

[Reply]
threebag 04:28 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Golden Corral?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:31 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Golden Corral?

That look like GC?!?

Doing some ribeyes and veggie skewers tonight. Got some zucchini from the farmer's market, mini yellow potatoes, Vidalia onion, and cremini mushrooms that I'll baste with some garlic butter on the grill.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:38 PM 05-21-2017
That look like GC?!?
Those 'shrooms and zuccs are sponges for flavor.

Either of these [but not both together], are perfect for sprinkling on them when marinating.

But garlic butter and grill smoke is awesome too. Looking good.

[Reply]
SAUTO 04:38 PM 05-21-2017
That looks fantastic FMB.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:48 PM 05-21-2017
Between the image of your beautiful new potatoes, and the Food Wishes refernce on Nashville Chicken, I have to post this. This is a godsend, because good home fries with crispy exterior and pillow interior has been my white whale. It's still a little convoluted [compared to sitting down at Red Robin and ordering :-)], but still, works GREAT.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:48 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Those 'shrooms and zuccs are sponges for flavor.

Either of these [but not both together], are perfect for sprinkling on them when marinating.

But garlic butter and grill smoke is awesome too. Looking good.

I've got some of the Tony's in the pantry. Will try it sometime. The mushrooms and potatoes turned out really good. The zucchini was good, but not spectacular.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:54 PM 05-21-2017
I've got some of the Tony's in the pantry. Will try it sometime. The mushrooms and potatoes turned out really good. The zucchini was good, but not spectacular.
Yeah, mushrooms have enough umami to have flavor just from a little oil and heat, but zucchini and yellow squash really benefit from flavored marination.
I usually try to mix complimentary oil, vinegar, and herb. You can go with a little balsamic, or use sesame oil, or chile oil, or let the herb in spices in Tony's or Cavender's do the work. But those squash are flavor sponges, delicious with something on them, but a little bland on their own.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:56 PM 05-21-2017
Yeah, mushrooms have enough umami to have flavor just from a little oil and heat, but zucchini and yellow squash really benefit from flavored marination.

I usually try to mix complimentary oil, vinegar, and herb. You can go with a little balsamic, or use sesame oil, or chile oil, or let the herb in spices in Tony's or Cavender's do the work. But those squash are flavor sponges, delicious with something on them, but a little bland on their own.

I've never grilled them before. I usually sauté with salt, pepper, and garlic, and finish with Parmesan, which is incredible.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:59 PM 05-21-2017
I intended to grill up my garden fresh tomatoes. Discovered at a restaurant tomatoes and zucchini go really well together. Forgot to do them, though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:02 PM 05-21-2017
I've never grilled them before. I usually sauté with salt, pepper, and garlic, and finish with Parmesan, which is incredible.
We have the stereotypical midwest garden problem of squash coming out your ears at some point,* and grilling them grew to be my favorite way of dealing with it. You can slice them like steaks if you don't want to deal with skewers.

Mid-summer, we have grilled squash planks nearly every meal, so I've put some thought into variety of preparations, rummaging through the spice rack, etc.

* - the old joke about, in some areas you lock your car to keep from getting robbed. In my area, you lock your car locked to keep from getting a bag of zucchini.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:05 PM 05-21-2017
We have the stereotypical midwest garden problem of squash coming out your ears at some point,* and grilling them grew to be my favorite way of dealing with it. You can slice them like steaks if you don't want to deal with skewers.

Mid-summer, we have grilled squash planks nearly every meal, so I've put some thought into variety of preparations, rummaging through the spice rack, etc.

* - the old joke about, in some areas you lock your car to keep from getting robbed. In my area, you lock your car locked to keep from getting a bag of zucchini.

We have two zucchini plants in the garden, so hopefully we'll have a similar problem. We actually have a yellow squash, too, but I'm not sure it's gonna survive.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:07 PM 05-21-2017

I do squash coins with mushrooms and red onion on the grill regularly in the summer. Cavenders and olive oil are all you need. Oh and a little garlic.
[Reply]
Page 534 of 1209
« First < 34434484524530531532533534 5355365375385445846341034 > Last »
Up