ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
The Lounge>Joe Theismann is talking Chiefs fans off the ledge
Stargazer 08:54 PM 10-16-2019
Joe is a good dude and I always enjoy his opinions. Very knowledgeable about the Chiefs and he has been tasked with talking Chiefs fans off the ledge here, good stuff.

19:00 min. mark of show

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000453791500
[Reply]
Hydrae 12:17 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
In a nutshell, he said run the football more, really make an effort to establish the run. Play fundamentally sound football in all three phases, offense, defense and ST. Do all of that and we'll take a lot of pressure off of Mahomes. He thinks that right now Mahomes is being asked to do too much.
And he is completely right. We seem to have devolved into everyone watching Mahomes try to win games basically by himself. With his ankle he just is not able to do that quite as well.

Also, establishing the running game would help the o-line a lot, open play action plays, and help to balance out the TOP issues we have had these last couple of games. But it HAS to start with showing we actually have a running game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:47 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
And he is completely right. We seem to have devolved into everyone watching Mahomes try to win games basically by himself. With his ankle he just is not able to do that quite as well.

Also, establishing the running game would help the o-line a lot, open play action plays, and help to balance out the TOP issues we have had these last couple of games. But it HAS to start with showing we actually have a running game.
Another benefit would be to give the defense more rest. Last game the defense was on the field for 90 snaps (read that somewhere). That's basically playing 2 games or a game-and-a-half in one game. And they've been playing extra snaps since the Ravens game. I think they played something like 75 snaps in that game. We want the defense to play better, but they're playing tired every game.

I just watched a couple episodes of "The Franchise" so I know that Mahomes knows this because he says right before a drive that the offense needs to put together a long drive, and give the D some rest. But it's our offense, so even though it's a 9 play drive it only takes about 3 and a half minutes.

Running the ball would lengthen drives and keep our defense off the field. Play small ball for a game. Put less stress on Mahomes and his ankle. And slow the Broncos pass rush. And should be easier on our patch-work OL.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:56 PM 10-17-2019
:-)Has Alex Smith chimed in yet?:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:05 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
In a nutshell, he said run the football more, really make an effort to establish the run. Play fundamentally sound football in all three phases, offense, defense and ST. Do all of that and we'll take a lot of pressure off of Mahomes. He thinks that right now Mahomes is being asked to do too much.
Pissoli said the same things, meh.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:07 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
As they often say in Hollywood "break a leg Joe."
Hardcore!
[Reply]
candyman 01:25 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Can someone give a synopsis of what Joe said? I couldnt listen to the podcast bc the hosts are terrible interviewers. It was cringe worthy.
One of them is the thread starter. You're rude.
[Reply]
eDave 01:25 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Can someone give a synopsis of what Joe said? I couldnt listen to the podcast bc the hosts are terrible interviewers. It was cringe worthy.
Everything we already know, basically.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:44 PM 10-17-2019
Chiefs are beat the hell up. That's the problem.

Mahomes has 200+ yards in the first half. Gets hurt, then has 30 yards in the second.

Reid loses his mind pretending the O-Line we're fielding can hold up. Hopefully he learns.

But seriously when you're missing key pieces at every level on defense and half your O-Line it doesn't really matter what you're trying to do. When we're healthy we'll be fine.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up