ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Texans
Hammock Parties 04:55 PM 10-07-2019
Andy Reid has only lost back-to-back home games one time in Kansas City, and it was his first season with the Chiefs.

Bill O'Brien is 1-3 against Reid.

Flame away.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:57 PM 10-09-2019
The question about Shady not being played after the fumble is a curious one. It doesn't seem like an Andy Reid thing to do. It might sound like a EB thing to do though. However, to bench him for the rest of the game, seems egregious to me. Also, it's been Andy's usual practice to get the ball back to a guy that fumbled quickly, to give the guy a chance to redeem himself. Note that Kelce got two more targets pretty much immediately after his initial drops.

We do know that Shady came into the game dinged a bit with that ankle tweak; maybe something happened that made Andy and EB decide to keep him off the field rather than make anything worse. It would be nice to know, though it doesn't change anything about the result now.

I do wish people would stop blaming Shady for that fumble; he did tuck the ball away, though he could've put it high and tight technically. But he didn't cost the Chiefs that game. You could put more of the attribution on Breeland who was flagged how many times for PI/holding? Or the offensive line for just being generally awful and stepping on the Franchise. Or Hitchens for being just preternaturally awful against the run. Or the whole interior DL for being as effective against the run as a wall of cotton candy for that matter.

But I guess it's CP; and if we're going to overreact and blame one guy, let's blame the guy that was signed as a back-up to the guy that so far this season has rushed for an average of 2 yards/carry.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:03 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
It makes me almost subscribe to the idea that some of the guys partied for Kelce birthday the previous night.
I’m not sure if I want that to be the case or not.

If that’s true, then we have an excuse for the shitty play...but what the fuck? Those guys have all fucking offseason to party (which they more than take advantage of) and they have a blowout the night before an important AFC game. Total lack of professionalism if that was the case.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:41 PM 10-09-2019
In my humble opinion, I think Indy totally sold out to win against the Chiefs....they focused totally on winning that game, which (to me) is probably why they blew the Oakland game. With the playoff loss last year, and Justin Houston "revenge", they went all out and spared nothing to win that game.

On the other hand, the Chiefs seemed to treat this as "just another game", and while one could argue that there should be concern over motivation week to week, maybe it was a good thing to get it out in week 5 as opposed to later in the year or the playoffs. I believe that, should we see the Colts again, it would be hard for the Colts to replicate the same gameplan, while certainly much easier for us to elevate our game (injuries to both sides not-withstanding)

How this relates to the Texans? Well, I expect a much better effort, focus and gameplan than what we saw against the Colts for sure. Dropping the Colts game doesn't give us much room to be conservative or unfocused. It's not like the Patriots are going to drop a game anytime real soon, so unless they suffer their own significant upset loss, we really cannot afford to go two games down on them, let alone be down to the Texans or Colts as well (cannot happen if we are playing the "long game" towards the Super Bowl)
[Reply]
Bobdigital 09:25 PM 10-09-2019
I gotta be honest. I'm surprised you are all so dejected after one loss. If the colts did anything special or exposed you It would be one thing... But they didn't. Your team has played better D's and done better. Your team has play better run games and done better.

Yeah the injures are certainly a worry for you all but even considering that, that's not the reason your team lost that game. Your players simply played bad and Indy played well. There isn't much more to it then that. Injuries surely made things harder but Indy didn't have the team out there they wanted either.

Every team has bad games. Every team loses games they should win. Nothing else to say really.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:35 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Bobdigital:
I gotta be honest. I'm surprised you are all so dejected after one loss. If the colts did anything special or exposed you It would be one thing... But they didn't. Your team has played better D's and done better. Your team has play better run games and done better.

Yeah the injures are certainly a worry for you all but even considering that, that's not the reason your team lost that game. Your players simply played bad and Indy played well. There isn't much more to it then that. Injuries surely made things harder but Indy didn't have the team out there they wanted either.

Every team has bad games. Every team loses games they should win. Nothing else to say really.
We like to overreact 'round these parts.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:27 PM 10-10-2019
Let's go Thornhill

[Reply]
Bowser 04:37 PM 10-10-2019

[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:40 PM 10-10-2019

This is honestly the best post I've read on here all week. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:41 PM 10-10-2019
Someone is motivated this week.

[Reply]
staylor26 04:42 PM 10-10-2019
For LSU/Florida lol
[Reply]
YontsRBake 04:45 PM 10-10-2019

Our fanbase has just gotten used to what Mahomes has been. He started 23 games before finally having a bad game, which id imagine is the longest streak any QB has ever had of playing lights out every game and now that he finally struggled for one entire game our fanbase is having a meltdown.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:48 PM 10-10-2019
Andy Reid teams hostorically win after blowout losses and though we didn't get blown out by the Colts, it was an embarrassing loss. Chiefs win 31-28.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:49 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Our fanbase has just gotten used to what Mahomes has been. He started 23 games before finally having a bad game, which id imagine is the longest streak any QB has ever had of playing lights out every game and now that he finally struggled for one entire game our fanbase is having a meltdown.
Mahomes didn't even have a bad game.

Can you name a mistake he made?

What we are dealing with here is fallout from the shock that anyone could stop an offense led by Mahomes, and that Mahomes could not be superhuman in the face of adversity.

If Pringle picks up that 3rd down I have a feeling it's a very different story, and people are praising Mahomes and the defense for keeping the score in check long enough for PMII to do his thing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:53 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes didn't even have a bad game.

Can you name a mistake he made?

What we are dealing with here is fallout from the shock that anyone could stop an offense led by Mahomes, and that Mahomes could not be superhuman in the face of adversity.

If Pringle picks up that 3rd down I have a feeling it's a very different story, and people are praising Mahomes and the defense for keeping the score in check long enough for PMII to do his thing.
The reality is that Mahomes statistically had a slightly below average game for himself.

If the OL plays just a little bit better, say successfully pass blocks just two or three more plays, we win that game. And that's in spite of the fact that our LB corps is probably the worst group against the run in the NFL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:54 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The reality is that Mahomes statistically had a slightly below average game for himself.
Absolutely.

But if DW catches that TD and McCoy doesn't fumble, you're potentially looking at another 350-yard, 3 TD day for Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Up