ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How would you handle Kelce putting hands on a coach?
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:55 AM 10-07-2019

pic.twitter.com/d6JyedRqO4

— TPS (@TPS_Youtube) October 7, 2019

[Reply]
Hoover 11:19 AM 10-07-2019
He had an awful night.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:24 AM 10-07-2019
I'd praise him in the team meeting for at least getting his hands on something during the game.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:26 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'd suspend him one game or fine him a game check. Unacceptable IMO. He's supposed to be a leader. You lead when things get tough. Anyone can do it when it's going well.
Ain't suspending him for a game. That would be stupid.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 11:26 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You ever try doing behavior modification with a dog? Not obedience (that's pretty easy; simple compulsive training will largely do the trick there) but an actual behavior mod for something like resource guarding? Something where you aren't teaching but rather fundamentally altering a mindset.

The trick is that you absolutely cannot convince a dog who needs an underlying behavior mod that he's a bad dog; the outcomes are disasterous. You have to praise the holy shit out of them immediately after correcting them because if you don't, they'll just throw their hands (paws) up and say "well screw it, if I'm just a dick, might as well lean into it..." and all those negative behaviors will just get worse and worse. They'll close down and at best you'll get them to grumblingly stop doing what it is you said to stop doing only when you're watching and only when they think it's in their best interests. It doesn't actually alter the mindset.

Travis Kelce has made MASSIVE strides as a teammate and person over the last 2 years. I mean it's borderline miraculous how much he's matured. You go out there and slap him down, you're more likely to have him get to "well screw it, if I'm a bad dog, might as well be a bad dog..." and lose your gains.

Kelce had a bad moment in a rough night as part of a season that has to have been hard on him to this point. He's just getting mauled out there. But it says nothing about his development and maturation over the last few years. It was a bad moment for a guy that's become one of the best leaders and teammates on this squad.

He deserves a kangaroo court fine and a talking to, but to say that if you don't "send him a message" he'll get worse is folly. You don't come down hard on a guy who's made massive progress; you'll just make him wonder if the progress was worth it afterall. Acknowledge his gains, give him a bit of a scolding, then praise the holy shit out of everything he's done recently and get him ready to kick ass next Sunday so he can prove to himself that all the personal development he's done has been worthwhile.

What a load of shit! Kelce is not a dog, genius. He's a grown man who pushed his coach.....for whatever reason! Peters never got physical and he was run out of town.

If Reid doesn't do something it'll send the wrong message throughout the locker room. PLUS, you have to back your coach!!!

Damn man.....Kelce isn't 10 years old.

That's one of Reids problems...….no discipline as evidenced by poor execution and numerous penalties. I really hope someone is getting in these guys ears.....at the fucking least!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:26 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by dls6501:
Expecting the same energy from posters who threw a fit when Jaylon Ramsey yelled at a coach.
FYP
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:29 AM 10-07-2019
The same way you would handle any other player (whatever that is for Reid).
[Reply]
Frazod 11:47 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Whatever, they hugged it out. It's all good. Dude was frustrated.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:49 AM 10-07-2019
They aren't doing anything Reid said it was just football and they worked it out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
What a load of shit! Kelce is not a dog, genius. He's a grown man who pushed his coach.....for whatever reason! Peters never got physical and he was run out of town.

If Reid doesn't do something it'll send the wrong message throughout the locker room. PLUS, you have to back your coach!!!

Damn man.....Kelce isn't 10 years old.

That's one of Reids problems...….no discipline as evidenced by poor execution and numerous penalties. I really hope someone is getting in these guys ears.....at the fucking least!
Similar studies have been done on teenagers, the prison population and workforce productivity.

The control group is tougher to pin down (can't just throw a shock collar around a person's neck) but the results trend the same way. And when they start doing brainscans to corroborate the results, they seem to make sense. It's simply easier to break down in the context of dog training.

It's a relatively new area of study; about 4-5 years old. But you're trying to apply an intellectual reasoning to an emotional response. Yes, people and dogs are different, but emotionally they're closer than you realize (again, backed by brain mapping - you want to get a grant to study brains, apply it to the pet population and suddenly you're funded).

This is an emotional thing with Kelce. We know that to be the case because as soon as he cooled off, he was hugging it out with Bieniemy. He knew he'd made a mistake once he thought it through.

But when Kelce does stuff like this he ISN'T thinking it through. He's not making a calculated decision. So there's no sense in treating it like it is. At that point you have to appeal to emotional centers of the brain.

And the best way to do that isn't to come down hard on him - at all. In all reality, you'll likely just make the situation worse.

But you're welcome to continue ignoring things and being indignant over subject matter you haven't bothered to inform yourself on if you'd like. To each their own...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:44 PM 10-07-2019
I’ll take Bienemy in that fight.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:48 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’ll take Bienemy in that fight.
I would not.

Kelce will on occasion get ahold of NFL linebackers and actually throw them out of they way. Kelce ain't soft, brotha.

And then being 20 years younger, about 60 lbs of pure muscle heavier and having a massive reach advantage on account of being almost a foot taller....gents, Travis would kill that man.
[Reply]
xbarretx 12:56 PM 10-07-2019
maybe he was just low on antifreeze?
[Reply]
dj56dt58 01:03 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
If memory serves, most of the griping about Peters here and in Chiefs' Kingdom was about his piss poor tackling. That said, I will reserve any ire for Kelce until he shows up on the field without his socks. :-)

Robinson said: "I'm asking you, what's up with tackling?"
"Sometimes you've got to make a business decision," Peters said. "It's a business decision."
"What do you mean a business decision?" Robinson said with a laugh. "Your business is to tackle."
"Yeah, but if he's running," Peters said, "other people have a job, too."

WTF are half of our guys not even out of their pre-snap stance midplay? I wish we would have seen that Justin Houston last night
[Reply]
philfree 01:07 PM 10-07-2019
Bieniemy was getting in his face which was the wrong thing to do. Kelce took it for a second then he didn't. Then they made up. Emotions got the better of both of them in a tense moment. Suspending Kelce would be just another emotional reaction.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:14 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by redhed:
Not a damn thing. They good now
That doesn't matter. If you don't punish if creates a culture of accountability.

He should be suspended one game or take one game check away from him.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up