ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 MLB Postseason Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:02 PM 10-01-2019
Brewers v. Nationals tonight, Rays v. A's tomorrow.

Fuck Ryan Braun.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:17 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So who gives Cole his 200+ million dollars in FA this year....
Angels
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:21 PM 10-11-2019

[Reply]
jd1020 02:37 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Supposedly yes it accounts for weather, especially since it's been mostly warm weather and indoor games so far. I can't read the article because it's behind a paywall but you can find people talking about it on Twitter.

There's a guy on Twitter named Rob Arthur talking about this and he keeps having to shoot down the weather question. It's some really good stuff.
Fangraphs just put up an article asking if MLB has made changes to the ball for the playoffs and the TLDR version is that theres not enough data to suggest there has been any change and that the average fly ball distance for the playoffs is actually further than the regular season.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/has-mlb-...-this-october/

I thought it was kind of funny they singled out Verlander not saying anything about noticing any difference in the balls the same way I did lol.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 03:51 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
He’s got great career numbers but can’t win shit when it matters. That’s the point. Feel free to sub out Rivers with whomever you please.
There's not really an equivalent. Kershaw doesn't just put up "great" numbers. He is the best pitcher of his generation, bar none. He's led the league in ERA 5 times, strikeouts 3 times, WHIP 4 times, H/9 3 times, etc. He's won 3 Cy Youngs and 1 MVP. He is in the discussion for greatest pitcher of all time. In fact, he has the highest ERA+ of any starting pitcher in MLB history.

Rivers is like, okay, I guess. He's led the league in yards once, touchdowns once, and interceptions twice. LOL. He's won zero MVPs. He's certainly not the most dominant QB of his generation, let alone in the discussion for greatest QB of all time.

I understand what you're saying, but it's not really an accurate comparison.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:55 PM 10-11-2019
The one area where Rivers and Kershaw are alike is awful meltdowns in the playoffs. Catastrophic, even.

People are going to make excuses for him as time goes by, but having seen him pitch in several post-seasons now, it's approaching fact status. He's great in the regular season, but he shouldn't pitch in the post-season in a game for all the marbles.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:52 PM 10-11-2019
Looks like Kershaw will get another chance to blow it in the playoffs out of the pen in the future as Dave Roberts has the safest job in the world.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:09 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Kershaw is closer to Greg Norman than any QB.
Very good comp.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:02 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
There's not really an equivalent. Kershaw doesn't just put up "great" numbers. He is the best pitcher of his generation, bar none. He's led the league in ERA 5 times, strikeouts 3 times, WHIP 4 times, H/9 3 times, etc. He's won 3 Cy Youngs and 1 MVP. He is in the discussion for greatest pitcher of all time. In fact, he has the highest ERA+ of any starting pitcher in MLB history.

Rivers is like, okay, I guess. He's led the league in yards once, touchdowns once, and interceptions twice. LOL. He's won zero MVPs. He's certainly not the most dominant QB of his generation, let alone in the discussion for greatest QB of all time.

I understand what you're saying, but it's not really an accurate comparison.

You’re reading into the comp to much. Kershaw has clearly been more dominant at his sport in the regular season than Rivers. Neither of them have done anything of major significance(read: won a ring)in the post season. Rivers was the first name that came to mind currently playing in a major US sport. Again, take him out and put in whoever you want.

Funny side note: on my last word of the above paragraph, for some reason my phone wanted to change “want” to “Westbrook”. Maybe Russel Westbrook IS a better comp just minus the longevity.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:09 PM 10-11-2019
LET'S GO CARDS!!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:19 PM 10-11-2019
Sanchez is the crafty righty
[Reply]
jd1020 07:23 PM 10-11-2019
This umpire is right sighted. Miss the plate by 1 cm to his left and it's a ball, miss the plate by 3 inches to his right and it's a strike.

Pound that side of the plate all night.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:42 PM 10-11-2019
Exactly what Nats need without Hudson tonight
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:15 PM 10-11-2019
Eaton finally. Need this one
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:36 PM 10-11-2019
Nats pen is absolute shit...
[Reply]
jd1020 08:36 PM 10-11-2019
2-0 game with 11 men left on base vs 0 hits.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up