ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Sturgill Simpson: SOUND & FURY
carcosa 04:36 PM 09-28-2019
New album came out yesterday. Just listened to it. It kicks ass.

Thanks!!!
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:40 PM 09-28-2019
Haven’t listened to it yet, but I will. Single didn’t do much for me and I’m a little concerned with Laur out, but I’ll still check it out.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:24 PM 09-28-2019
This seems very nice. Thank u for the heads up!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:46 PM 09-28-2019
Say what you want about him, but nobody can say his sound is stagnant.

Dudes about as static as Niagra Falls.

He's getting further away from my sound, but this is still a good listen, and my God he'll pump out some incredible lyrics.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:40 PM 09-30-2019
WTF, this is a bloody anime on Netflix? Has anyone seen this?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:32 PM 09-30-2019
Downloaded the mp3s just a bit ago, will pick up the LP this Friday.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:30 PM 09-30-2019
Tried listening to this. My reaction? It's garbage. The lyrics are awkward and vapid. The music is repetitive with no melody and heavy enough to drown out his voice, unfortunately. The whole thing (what I could stomach anyway) comes off as Simpson singing along to a video game and making up lyrics as he went along. I suppose drunken youth would continue dancing in a night club if this were played. That's the most positive critique I could muster.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:34 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Tried listening to this. My reaction? It's garbage. The lyrics are awkward and vapid. The music is repetitive with no melody and heavy enough to drown out his voice, unfortunately. The whole thing (what I could stomach anyway) comes off as Simpson singing along to a video game and making up lyrics as he went along. I suppose drunken youth would continue dancing in a night club if this were played. That's the most positive critique I could muster.
Well you're wrong
[Reply]
listopencil 09:10 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Well you're wrong
I wish I was. I really like his voice and his phrasing. Hopefully soon someone can help him make good music again.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:11 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I mean, I haven’t listened to this yet, but it’s hard for me to imagine how Sturgill’s lyrics could be described as vapid.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:22 PM 10-01-2019
In lieu of a - link? - I’ll youtube some of this, he is about as unique as it gets and crosses a lotta boundaries
[Reply]
listopencil 06:17 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I mean, I haven’t listened to this yet, but it’s hard for me to imagine how Sturgill’s lyrics could be described as vapid.
Go listen to it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:47 AM 10-03-2019
I don't know if this album is good or not...
[Reply]
Shogun 09:56 AM 10-03-2019
As a HUGE Sturgill Simpson fan. I hated this album.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:57 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Shogun:
As a HUGE Sturgill Simpson fan. I hated this album.
It's really not focused.

And he fired Jaur Loaments because Jaur 'didn't keep it country enough'...and now this album?

He needed Jaur to pull this off. And a half dozen better songs...I don't know maybe it'll grow on me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up