ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Popping my "away game" cherry
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:12 PM 08-12-2019
A buddy, his brother, my son and I are going to Denver for the 10/17 game. We're behind the Chiefs bench in row 4. I can't wait to walk in wearing our Chiefs gear. I've never been to an away game. My son is super pumped which makes me excited.

In another first for me, I'm going to Royals game this weekend. Not really a baseball fan but I'm going with friends, son, and a nephew who are.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:58 AM 08-14-2019
Tell Jeff Tripplette hi
[Reply]
Nzoner 01:01 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
A buddy, his brother, my son and I are going to Denver for the 10/17 game. We're behind the Chiefs bench in row 4. I can't wait to walk in wearing our Chiefs gear. I've never been to an away game. My son is super pumped which makes me excited.

In another first for me, I'm going to Royals game this weekend. Not really a baseball fan but I'm going with friends, son, and a nephew who are.
Exactly 25 years to the day that the Monday Night Montana Magic game took place,I was at that one and there were some serious unhappy Donk fans.Thankfully,I was with a group called Chiefs Travel and there were about 200 of us.

Have a great time.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 01:04 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Exactly 25 years to the day that the Monday Night Montana Magic game took place,I was at that one and there were some serious unhappy Donk fans.Thankfully,I was with a group called Chiefs Travel and there were about 200 of us.

Have a great time.
I'll bet that was a great time!
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:07 PM 08-14-2019
Been there numerous times. You won't have any problems.
ENJOY!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:06 PM 08-14-2019
Pop your cherry in Oakland. Then, you see, admiration will follow.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 06:18 PM 08-14-2019
Went to the game in Mile High last year. Fans were great, which was undoubtedly because they led most of the game. When we came back it was asshole city.
[Reply]
Stinger 08:03 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
Went to the Steelers game in Pitt a few years ago with field passes back when Alex was our QB, and the fans were fun with some light shit talking... overall it’s all about how you react to the playful jabs. I had Steelers fans taking pictures with the wife and I and got a great one with a poster of Alex dressed up as the scarecrow with the “were not in Kansas anymore” tagline. Really an incredible experience to tailgate and visit other venues as long as you don’t take yourself too serious. Could see a few CP posters with the wrong mindset having a rough time, especially in these Mahomes days where we’re putting 40-50 up on teams. Give respect, get respect. Act like a jackass, welp...
Yep to this right here. We try and make at least 1 away game the last couple of years and have had a blast enjoying the cities, venue, and surprisingly good interaction with the home fans. Last few years been to Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, & Miami Most of the time you get what you give and if you are treat the others with respect and don't take yourself too seriously they will do the same, or if you choose to go the other route you get what get.
[Reply]
notorious 08:03 PM 08-14-2019
Denver is fine. Fans are just like KC. Be nice an respectful and it will be fun.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:25 PM 08-14-2019
went to the Steelers game last year, no problems other than a couple snide remarks here and there, but most everyone was respectful.....but we were also fairly respectful ourselves.

What was great with that game was Chiefs fans didn't even need to be vocal after the game. The Steelers fans knew they ran into the Mahomes buzz saw. Every Chiefs fan we walked past, we just gave a little nod, a fist pump or quick tomahawk chop, and smirk....didn't even need to be loud or boisterous....
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 08:29 PM 08-14-2019
I plan on being at the same game. Just trying to work out on where to sit with my buddy who lives there. He drives a Ferrari so he’s super lame about where he wants to sit. I want field level and he wants club seats in the 2nd tier because of less riff raff. Sometimes the riff raff is more fun than not.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:45 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
I plan on being at the same game. Just trying to work out on where to sit with my buddy who lives there. He drives a Ferrari so he’s super lame about where he wants to sit. I want field level and he wants club seats in the 2nd tier because of less riff raff. Sometimes the riff raff is more fun than not.
I've sat in Club at Arrowhead several times and never enjoy the overall experience as much. The better concessions are nice though.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:53 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
went to the Steelers game last year, no problems other than a couple snide remarks here and there, but most everyone was respectful.....but we were also fairly respectful ourselves.

What was great with that game was Chiefs fans didn't even need to be vocal after the game. The Steelers fans knew they ran into the Mahomes buzz saw. Every Chiefs fan we walked past, we just gave a little nod, a fist pump or quick tomahawk chop, and smirk....didn't even need to be loud or boisterous....
The camaraderie between Chief fans for road games is awesome.

Can't wait to see one in Chicago this year.
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 11:38 PM 08-14-2019
Can't be worse than when I went to the L.A. Coliseum wearing red. It was a long time ago, but it was a terrible stadium, people being arrested left and right.

Go CHIEFS!
[Reply]
Otter 05:38 AM 08-15-2019
I never recommend wearing team gear at an away stadium unless you have numbers on your side but from my two visits to Mile High it's fairly laid back But there's always an asshole or two.

Bringing in a blank hoodie to put on for your walk from the stadium to the next destination after Patrick kicks their ass is always a good option to have in the back pocket.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 06:08 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
Went to the Steelers game in Pitt a few years ago with field passes back when Alex was our QB, and the fans were fun with some light shit talking... overall it’s all about how you react to the playful jabs. I had Steelers fans taking pictures with the wife and I and got a great one with a poster of Alex dressed up as the scarecrow with the “were not in Kansas anymore” tagline. Really an incredible experience to tailgate and visit other venues as long as you don’t take yourself too serious. Could see a few CP posters with the wrong mindset having a rough time, especially in these Mahomes days where we’re putting 40-50 up on teams. Give respect, get respect. Act like a jackass, welp...
That was the same experience I had when I went to a Ravens @ Steelers playoff game several years ago. A few of my buddies are Steelers fans and they bought my ticket if I'd drive us up there. While I wasn't wearing any team colors myself, I saw many interactions between the two fan bases and it was all fun. Plenty of friendly shit talk before, during, and after the game.

I used to go to (nearly) all Chiefs @ Chargers games and a lot of other Chargers home games. My best friend's father worked for Motorola (I think) and they were the communications company Jack Murphy Stadium/Qualcomm went with. Lots of friendly shit talking between the fan bases, but I never once saw a fight or any other outrageous behavior.

I've never been to Denver, but I'd imagine it'd be like most other stadiums. Don't be an asshole during the blowout and you should be ok?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up