ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm working the overnight shift at Amazon planning routes in Rome and Madrid-AMA
scho63 03:43 AM 08-08-2019
I've kept this part time job in Central Operations for Amazon here in Tempe at ASU Research Park (Go Daddy world HQ next door) as it is the easiest and least stressful job of my life sitting behind a laptop and two computer monitors doing route planning.

They've just increased capacity and locations all across the World and this place is BOOMING. Each week I see another 25-30 new hires taking the tour.

I'm surfing the web 80% of the time, checking work emails for the morning 5% of the time, having free coffee and popcorn 5% of the time and working about 10% of the time.

I'm here from 12:30 am-5:30 am. Once off, I shower and shave here so I'm at my full time SaaS sales job by 6:30-7 am. :-)

FIRE AWAY!
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:00 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Amazon is the devil.
That's when you go with Amazon prime
[Reply]
oldman 09:12 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
You live in Tempe AZ and you work the night shift at Amazon and a sales job during the day? I respect the grind brotha, but damn! Give yourself a break!
How do you think he affords expensive hookers?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:21 AM 08-08-2019
I would think if you wanted to go from Rome to Madrid, just head west and then south a bit.

Yeah, I guess your job is easy. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:40 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Amazon is the devil.
But a good Devil......

Originally Posted by neech:
How much do they start out at in pay?
$15/HR

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
You live in Tempe AZ and you work the night shift at Amazon and a sales job during the day? I respect the grind brotha, but damn! Give yourself a break!
I live in Scottsdale, work full time during the week and try to add 15 HRs a week part time at Amazon, usually on the weekends.

Originally Posted by oldman:
How do you think he affords expensive hookers?

And fancy dinners, cigars and Scotch with eDave. You get me! :-)

Originally Posted by Frazod:
I would think if you wanted to go from Rome to Madrid, just head west and then south a bit.

Yeah, I guess your job is easy. :-)

Pushing a few buttons on a computer and then reading an SOP to make sure you follow the process is pretty damn simple, even an old fart like me can do it. :-)

[Reply]
oldman 10:00 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

And fancy dinners, cigars and Scotch with eDave. You get me! :-)

At $15 an hour, 15 hours a week, I'm guessing about 35% in taxes is $146.25 take home. Times that by 4 and that $585 per month, so you may just have to settle for hookers, cigars, and scotch. Let eDave pay for dinner because priorities are priorities.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:34 AM 08-08-2019

[Reply]
BWillie 10:39 AM 08-08-2019
I've kept this part time job in Central Operations for Amazon here in Tempe at ASU Research Park (Go Daddy world HQ next door) as it is the easiest and least stressful job of my life sitting behind a laptop and two computer monitors doing route planning.

They've just increased capacity and locations all across the World and this place is BOOMING. Each week I see another 25-30 new hires taking the tour.

I'm surfing the web 80% of the time, checking work emails for the morning 5% of the time, having free coffee and popcorn 5% of the time and working about 10% of the time.

I'm here from 12:30 am-5:30 am. Once off, I shower and shave here so I'm at my full time SaaS sales job by 6:30-7 am. :-)

FIRE AWAY!
You work right next door to one of my buddies. He's a engineer at Go Daddy. Let us know when you see Danica Patrick. He said he met her and she's bitchy.
[Reply]
scho63 11:49 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
At $15 an hour, 15 hours a week, I'm guessing about 35% in taxes is $146.25 take home. Times that by 4 and that $585 per month, so you may just have to settle for hookers, cigars, and scotch. Let eDave pay for dinner because priorities are priorities.
I only pay 10% taxes at Amazon-I claim 10 dependents for the state and I think I'm at 20 for the Feds :-)
[Reply]
scho63 11:53 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You work right next store to one of my buddies. He's a engineer at Go Daddy. Let us know when you see Danica Patrick. He said he met her and she's bitchy.
I bet she is one high maintenance bitch! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 01:55 AM 08-14-2019
Back on the overnight shift again.

This morning I'm handling the route planning and assigning drivers in New York City, New Jersey, Boston, Chicago, Seattle and San Diego.

Should be an easy 5 hours
[Reply]
scho63 03:33 AM 09-02-2019
$22.50 an hour tonight from 12:30 am until 10:30 am

Working a double on the holiday.

Easy Money

[Reply]
scho63 03:02 AM 10-17-2019
I punched in tonight at 1am for my 1-6am shift.

My first single task at 1:45am, my next single task at 2:25am, then one at 3:45am.

From 4:10am until I leave at 6am it will be a little busier but not too much.

Doesn't get much easier than this and here I am once again spending most of my time surfing the web.........
[Reply]
BWillie 03:03 AM 10-17-2019
I punched in tonight at 1am for my 1-6am shift.

My first single task at 1:45am, my next single task at 2:25am, then one at 3:45am.

From 4:10am until I leave at 6am it will be a little busier but not too much.

Doesn't get much easier than this and here I am once again spending most of my time surfing the web.........
Can you let me know how I can get a job like this in Kansas City? I could just play online poker while I work. Perfect hours.
[Reply]
loochy 03:15 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I could just play online poker while I work.
That's a quick way to get fired.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:27 AM 10-17-2019
Night shift. What day is it? Who knows?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up