ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 265 of 301
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
tk13 11:48 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Can the Royals hire some forward thinking people like this? Instead we're into hiring people that hate analytics, great.
The Astros are far and away the best at this, but we've talked about this before. The Royals were the first team to put Trackman at all their affiliates. They were the first team to win a World Series with a Baseball Prospectus alum in their analytics department. It's pretty clear there were analytically driven reasons they built a team that was elite at contact hitting and defense. They certainly use analytics more than they let on.

It's really smart what the Astros are doing though. Instead of finding players who do a certain thing well, they're not afraid to take someone who isn't doing well and determine what will make them perform better. It seems so obvious but you need people who are smart enough to do it correctly.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
The Astros are far and away the best at this, but we've talked about this before. The Royals were the first team to put Trackman at all their affiliates. They were the first team to win a World Series with a Baseball Prospectus alum in their analytics department. It's pretty clear there were analytically driven reasons they built a team that was elite at contact hitting and defense. They certainly use analytics more than they let on.

It's really smart what the Astros are doing though. Instead of finding players who do a certain thing well, they're not afraid to take someone who isn't doing well and determine what will make them perform better. It seems so obvious but you need people who are smart enough to do it correctly.
I understand that but it took me back some of the stuff I read about how Cal Eldred hates analytics and then Mike Matheny....
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:32 PM 10-11-2019
I understand that but it took me back some of the stuff I read about how Cal Eldred hates analytics and then Mike Matheny....

Cal Eldred needs to go (I’ve been saying that for some time now)

Matheny needs to never come.

But Moore isn’t going to hire a first-time manager again. It’s going to be someone who has done the job before and been successful in some way at it.

They’re making quite a bit of use of Rapsodo and other technology in the minors to help develop pitches (though they aren’t forcing it on players).

There was a great piece in the Athletic about this - talking about the 18 draft class of pitchers and how they’re using tech to improve their pitching mechanics and pitch design.

They aren’t forcing it on pitchers who don’t want it (Singer, for example), but it’s there for those who will (Bubic, Heasley).
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Cal Eldred needs to go (I’ve been saying that for some time now)

Matheny needs to never come.

But Moore isn’t going to hire a first-time manager again. It’s going to be someone who has done the job before and been successful in some way at it.

They’re making quite a bit of use of Rapsodo and other technology in the minors to help develop pitches (though they aren’t forcing it on players).

There was a great piece in the Athletic about this - talking about the 18 draft class of pitchers and how they’re using tech to improve their pitching mechanics and pitch design.

They aren’t forcing it on pitchers who don’t want it (Singer, for example), but it’s there for those who will (Bubic, Heasley).
Honest question do you think a player that doesn't want to use any analytics like Singer who you mentioned would be a player a team like Houston would remove from their board? It seems to be a very serious organizational philosophy that everyone uses it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:45 PM 10-11-2019
Honest question do you think a player that doesn't want to use any analytics like Singer who you mentioned would be a player a team like Houston would remove from their board? It seems to be a very serious organizational philosophy that everyone uses it.

I suspect some organizations would weigh that like Moore would weigh someone being a vocal atheist.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:46 PM 10-11-2019
Isn’t PB really into analytics? Why does he love Matheny?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:51 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Because everyone else hates him.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:06 AM 10-21-2019
Interesting proposal coming about the minor league systems
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-league-teams/
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:09 AM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don’t know a thing about Matheny. It’s weird that you just made that up.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:26 AM 10-22-2019
I'd like to think Matheny could change ...the Royals better hope so if he's hired.

@Joelsherman1: Vance Wilson interviewed yesterday and today for #Royals managerial opening. Mike Matheny remains the strong favoirite, but new ownership wants a full interview process not a coronation, so KC is continuing to talk to candidates.

@Joelsherman1: The #Mets contacted Mike Matheny at the outset of their managerial search and he indicated to NYM that he wanted to concentate on the #Royals job. Matheny was hired last Nov as special advisor to player development in KC with trajectory to be Ned Yost’s successor.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:34 AM 10-22-2019
Guess we've used up our allotment of benefiting from Mets' fuckups with Matt Harvey's 122nd pitch.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:38 AM 10-22-2019
Figured I'd show you guys this. I picked it up last week. Game used and autographed....with a blood stain on the right shin guard.

[Reply]
Jerm 10:45 AM 10-22-2019
Dayton Moore...you can't be serious...what the hell are you doing...

Does he really want this fan base to revolt and dislike him?
[Reply]
nychief 10:53 AM 10-22-2019
I get the feeling Matheny would have been hired already save the new ownership situation.

I wish someone would go ahead and hire him away.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:07 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Figured I'd show you guys this. I picked it up last week. Game used and autographed....with a blood stain on the right shin guard.
How many times have you put the gear on since you got it?
[Reply]
Page 265 of 301
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275 > Last »
Up