ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 324
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:51 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I’d have been ok with taking that chance. At least I’d know for sure we had a good to great pass rush.

Now to me it’s a question mark.

God berry’s contract is a ****ing disastrous
In our case, it's the "question mark" that is exciting. One more time: 31st overall.

That ranking justifies the dynamite 1000 times over.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:09 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ford doesn't even really have a spot. They HAVE to tag him.

I'd love to keep Houston but they need that cap space back too.

Gonna be hard to get it all done but while you find it hard to expect the defense to be good if they're both gone, I find it hard to expect the defense to improve much if they're both still here.
start over, have a plan w/ the free 80 million in cap space. I entirely am with this - provided they get back on-task hiring great players. Anthony Barr would be a nice start, although my only gripe is that he's somewhat inconsistent. Other times he looks all-world.

Anyhow :-) Parker
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
In our case, it's the "question mark" that is exciting. One more time: 31st overall.

That ranking justifies the dynamite 1000 times over.
Absolutely. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:24 PM 01-28-2019
Absolutely. :-)
Thank you. In much the same way that the addition of Mahomes answered a lot of questions offensively, so in the same way will a properly planned and executed defense smooth out a great many of the questions regarding the ebb and flow of Reid on game day.

It takes all parts to make this work and in our particular method/system, if one phase of the game is THAT lopsided and unbalanced, it affects the rest of the program much more so than on an offense that is less dynamic.

Many of these issues regarding clocks and timeouts and all of this other shit is partially a symptom of overcompensating for the lack of that balance IMO.
[Reply]
jaa1025 10:37 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yep... it is.

I think you keep Houston. Better all around player, and they can get something back for Ford potentially.
Houston is in decline and Ford is in his prime. Neither will be a Chief in 2020 but this roster is built to win the SB now. Cut or Trade Houston (for peanuts if able) and tag and play Ford.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:03 PM 01-28-2019
Continuing to run a 3-4 defense the way they do now is the definition of "crazy".
"The way they do now" is disengenuous.

Nobody wants a Sutton clone. Rex doesn't call games the way Sutton did.

People love playing Madden and dream of changing the D to a 4-3 and drafting, trading, signing FA's because it's fun to play make believe GM. It doesn't mean a complete overhaul of players and system is the right thing when the offense is firing on all cylinders.

Spags has been feast or famine. Hopefully his feast year will coincide with a good offensive year with a minor amount of injuries. People seem to be willing to place their money on Speaks and Hitchens and some unknown FA over Ford and Houston. It's a little odd since everyone complained the last 9 months about an overall lack of D talent.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:10 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Houston is in decline and Ford is in his prime. Neither will be a Chief in 2018 but this roster is built to win the SB now. Cut or Trade Houston (for peanuts if able) and tag and play Ford.
Houston has a place in a 4-3 defense, Ford doesn't really fit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:51 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
People love playing Madden and dream of changing the D to a 4-3 and drafting, trading, signing FA's because it's fun to play make believe GM. It doesn't mean a complete overhaul of players and system is the right thing when the offense is firing on all cylinders.
Yeah, that's why people want to change to a 4-3. Madden.

Moron.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:28 AM 01-29-2019
Sign Ford then ship him to a shitty NFC team.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:34 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Sign Ford then ship him to a shitty NFC team.
Ship his ass to NE = Profit.
[Reply]
jaa1025 02:04 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Houston has a place in a 4-3 defense, Ford doesn't really fit.
Ford is actually an ideal fit at LEO or Weak Side DE position in the 4-3 under. He's the best pass rusher on the team. He made huge strides in setting the edge this year on top of his league leading QB pressures.

While I agree, Houston does have a place though but I'm not sure his 21 mil is worth trying to fit him as a SAM LB or SS DE when there are much cheaper options.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:40 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Houston is in decline and Ford is in his prime. Neither will be a Chief in 2018.
I’ve got some bad news for you if you wagered money on this prediction.
[Reply]
jaa1025 03:37 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I’ve got some bad news for you if you wagered money on this prediction.
So you think one or both will be Chiefs in 2020? I don't.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:17 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yeah, that's why people want to change to a 4-3. Madden.

Moron.
I'm old enough to remember when KC fans were clamoring to switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and were happy when the change was made.

The top 3 defenses in terms of points allowed this year are Chicago, Baltimore and Tennessee. What are their base packages?

It isn't a matter of the 3-4 being bad in and of itself. The way Sutton played it, yes - major problems. The way other DC's call coverages and blitzes, not as much of a problem.

It isn't unreasonable, moronic or stupid for people to have preferred that KC stay in a 3-4 and build of off the existing good pass rush.

If you lose Houston and Ford, who is the blue chip talent on defense? Jones as a rusher? And ....?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:31 AM 01-29-2019
If you tag and trade Ford, you're going to have like at least 5 picks in the first three rounds.
Without Ford and Houston, you have an extra $32 Million dollars. Cut Sorensen, another $3.6 million. So, yeah, like $35 or $36 million depending on Ford's tag #. EXTRA. To go sign proven starters that fit the scheme. For a SS, a SAM, and a DE. Plus plenty of high picks to draft depth and development.
Also of note, your last 3 #2 picks plus last year's #3 would be your defensive line if they cut Houston and Ford and line up today. Kpass and Speaks? yeah, they were DE in college. This is their natural position.
I'd like a veteran because I don't trust both DE positions to players with so little experience. A Brandon Graham'll probably cost you like $10 mill. A KJ Wright or Anthony Barr like $8 mill. and a Landon Collins or Earl Thomas like $9 million.

So, what you're saying if you want to keep Houston/Ford is that you'd rather have those 2 guys who were on the #31 defense instead of Graham+Collins+Barr.

Which is dumb. Sorry, it just is. Graham+Collins+Barr is much, much better. Against the run, in coverage, and with Graham next to Jones in a 4-3, probably against the rush too. Jones might get 20 sacks for ****'s sake, 1 on 1 every play with a Guard.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 324
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Up