ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 324
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:38 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Letting Nelson and Ford both walk might net us a couple third round compensatory picks in 2020.

All that said, I just think its dumb to send Houston packing. Some of you guys see available cap space as something to get overly excited about. Its over-rated. Sure, the Chiefs should go get a significant free agent, hell I think I'd be trying to trade for a guy. But its not like cap space will solve all out problems in 2019.
It's not just about the space. It's about how many games Houston tends to miss and the amount of sunk cost that's sitting on the sidelines when he does.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:42 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not just about the space. It's about how many games Houston tends to miss and the amount of sunk cost that's sitting on the sidelines when he does.
I get that. It's a fair criticism. I just think if you can come into 2019 with a healthy Houston and used the draft to address the secondary and LB position, we would feel better about things.

I'm not opposed to cutting his ass. Its the extension/restructure that gives me Tamba Hali nightmares.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:43 PM 01-28-2019
You openly advocated for Rex Ryan. You added "or any other 3-4 coach" but don't pretend you weren't all in on Rex Ryan. After everything we've dealt with with Sutton, you wanted to bring in a guy who uses the same concepts and personnel groupings.

That's like divorcing your wife because she's the trailer park train caboose and then marrying her crazy-ass sister because the lack of cross-eyes makes her "hotter".
Out of all the available coachs yeah Rex was the best, statistically he is better than Spags in every way.

But don't pretend that I also didn't say that I did not want to switch to 4-3. That was the main point of my argument. To which "Our personal fit 4-3" was shot at me.

Nothing has happened yet, but I'll stand by what I said. Our pass rush will be cut in half, and the rest of our stats will remain the same next year.....
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:45 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Again, I get it.

But that’s a lot of turnover on a team already switching schemes and while I totally understand why we should do it, I wouldn’t be surprised if the defense is a disappointment in 2019 again.
The scheme change is going to be an adjustment for everybody, old or new. Id bet we keep Houston and Ford, but regardless of if we do theres almost no doubt we're going to load up on dbacks. So if we lose them, it will balance out by adding talent somewhere else.

But realistically... I think this defense will look pretty rough early on. It's a fairly complicated scheme that requires a lot of defensive chemistry. But we know we can win without a defense. And I don't think it'll take even close to a full season to adjust.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:47 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Out of all the available coachs yeah Rex was the best, statistically he is better than Spags in every way.

But don't pretend that I also didn't say that I did not want to switch to 4-3. That was the main point of my argument. To which "Our personal fit 4-3" was shot at me.

Nothing has happened yet, but I'll stand by what I said. Our pass rush will be cut in half, and the rest of our stats will remain the same next year.....
There's absolutely nothing about Rex Ryan that makes him a good fit for the Chiefs, statistics or not, 3-4 or not. Rex Ryan's defense over-relies on top-tier talent, just like Sutton's. Furthermore, Rex Ryan is not a personality I'd ever want to see on this team. He's a freaking sleeze, just like his dad.

As for the original point - it still stands.

People called you crazy and insane because you were all over Rex Ryan like a 14-year old Jacob Sartorius fangirl. Not because you wanted to keep the 3-4.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:48 PM 01-28-2019
I’d keep Houston for sure if Ford is leaving. Cap space isn’t near the issue that it is for KC unless Ford is tagged, so you may as well keep Houston. He can be a valuable leader to what is presumably going to be an influx of young defensive talent.
[Reply]
FAX 04:49 PM 01-28-2019
You openly advocated for Rex Ryan. You added "or any other 3-4 coach" but don't pretend you weren't all in on Rex Ryan. After everything we've dealt with with Sutton, you wanted to bring in a guy who uses the same concepts and personnel groupings.

That's like divorcing your wife because she's the trailer park train caboose and then marrying her crazy-ass sister because the lack of cross-eyes makes her "hotter".
Well, she would be hotter. No point in arguing that, really.

FAX
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:49 PM 01-28-2019
Could we not? Neither Rex or Spags are all that special.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:50 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Well, she would be hotter. No point in arguing that, really.

FAX
:-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:52 PM 01-28-2019
Who the fuck is Jacob Sartorius?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:55 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Rolf Jacob Sartorius is an American singer and internet personality, who rose to fame via social media from posting lip-syncing videos on musical.ly and TikTok.

:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:56 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
:-)

I could tell you but then you'd want to kill yourself.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:57 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Rolf Jacob Sartorius is an American singer and internet personality, who rose to fame via social media from posting lip-syncing videos on musical.ly and TikTok.

:-):-):-):-):-)
Dude, you're not supposed to post NSFW without spoiler tags! :-)
[Reply]
O.city 04:57 PM 01-28-2019
I think Houston can atleast be competent in the 43 at DE. I think Ford is more boom or bust there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:59 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think Houston can atleast be competent in the 43 at DE. I think Ford is more boom or bust there.
If they aren’t confident that he can be a legitimate 3 down player in that defense, there’s no way they can afford to pay Ford the projected $16.3M tag. Just can’t do it.

That’s enough money in 2019 space to sign 2 legit starters.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 324
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up