ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 324
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:43 AM 10-10-2019
I think it's pretty clear now the common denominator is Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi and Anthony Hitchens.

These guys just aren't going to be part of a good run defense it seems. It may be time to write off Nnadi as JAG.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think it's pretty clear now the common denominator is Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi and Anthony Hitchens.

These guys just aren't going to be part of a good run defense it seems. It may be time to write off Nnadi as JAG.
Lol wut?

Nnadi is the only good interior run defender we have. Get a clue.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 10-10-2019

Nnadi is fine. He has a problem doing shut when Jones abandons his responsibilities to try and get sacks. Jones would rather be paid for his sacks instead of being paid for being an all around great DT.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 10-10-2019
Yeah, I'd like to see the numbers vs the run once Jones went out the other night. To my untrained eye, it looked better.

It's why I still think if you could trade for a CB or something, you could recoup it after trading Jones. I just don't know that you wanna pay him big money.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:56 AM 10-10-2019
Sutton was/is terrible and his replacement isn’t much if any better. It has been well documented that Spag’s defenses have often finished at or near the bottom of the league.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 10-10-2019
Coordinators matter, putting guys in good positions, being unpredictable etc.

But the best defenses seem to always have a few things in common. Talent for one, then time. They usually are together for a while.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:00 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Sutton was/is terrible and his replacement isn’t much if any better. It has been well documented that Spag’s defenses have often finished at or near the bottom of the league.
It has also been well documented that his personnel sucked when he had bad defenses. I really don’t understand why some of you can’t grasp this. It’s really not that complicated. If you have the talent you will succeed. Even Sutton had success when he had the talent.

No DC is good without good personnel. Look at the Ravens. Their DC looked amazing last year but now that they lost 4-5 guys on D he looks awful.

Wade Phillips was phenomenal in Denver, but he does’t quite have the talent at every position like he did then and his defense in LA has been about as inconsistent as it gets.

Fangio was pretty meh in Chicago before they had talent at every position.

Show me a DC in the NFL that has had success without the talent. I’ll wait....
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:02 AM 10-10-2019
Nnadi is the only one worth a damn on that line. Jones wants Aaron Donald money haha haha good luck. Donald actually plays the run too which makes him a absolute beast and one of the best ever
[Reply]
Hoover 09:03 AM 10-10-2019
What kills me is that we traded a first and second round pick and then paid Frank Clark, and out defense is a steaming pile of dog poo yet again. Nobody expected them to be great, but damn this has been awful.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 AM 10-10-2019
Giving up 19 points. So awful.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:21 AM 10-10-2019
Giving up 19 points. So awful.
Clearly the offense was a problem. That being said, giving up time eating drives were everyone know they are going to run is THE PROBLEM.

Sure they only scored 19 points, but they still won because they played keep away. How did they play keep away? Well they did EXACTLY what everyone expected them to do, and kept doing it.

Thats the problem.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 AM 10-10-2019
It is not THE problem.

The offense had multiple opportunities to go win that game. They had the same number of possessions they typically have.

THAT was the problem.

The defense isn't going to be perfect given the talent level. If they allow 19 points that should be a W.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:35 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Show me a DC in the NFL that has had success without the talent. I’ll wait....

[Reply]
TEX 09:51 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Clearly the offense was a problem. That being said, giving up time eating drives were everyone know they are going to run is THE PROBLEM.

Sure they only scored 19 points, but they still won because they played keep away. How did they play keep away? Well they did EXACTLY what everyone expected them to do, and kept doing it.

Thats the problem.
Exactly the case IMO as well.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:00 AM 10-10-2019
It is not THE problem.

The offense had multiple opportunities to go win that game. They had the same number of possessions they typically have.

THAT was the problem.

The defense isn't going to be perfect given the talent level. If they allow 19 points that should be a W.
Yip

We’re built like Manning’s mid-to-late 2000s Colts. D holding the O to 19 is about all you can ask for
[Reply]
Page 189 of 324
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Up