ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 187 of 324
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 08:24 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Look it is only 5 games, but I'll be damned if some of the stuff I was worried about isn't playing out exactly how I thought it would.

People killed me when I said I didn't think we had the personel to run a 4-3. And based on our D-Lines performance I'd say I was right.
They don't have the personnel to run any defense because that GM guy is a shitty talent evaluator.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:25 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They don't have the personnel to run any defense because that GM guy is a shitty talent evaluator.
Possibly,

If we still had Poe I'd feel alot better about our 4-3. But I honestly believe our Line Backers are our biggest concern right now.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:32 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Possibly,

If we still had Poe I'd feel alot better about our 4-3. But I honestly believe our Line Backers are our biggest concern right now.
Poe isn't even good anymore.

Veach has literally replaced every player on defense except Chris Jones and we aren't better.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:46 AM 10-08-2019
We started a new scheme with 7 new starters. As many know it takes time to implement a new defense and unfortunately we have 7 guys playing together for the first time. Any offense or defense are good when they perform as a unit and have time together.

The leaders of this defense are mostly new here too.

Need to also consider that the talent level is nowhere near where it needs to be. We’ve got holes at DT, LB and corner.

Spags was never gonna have this shit hope turned around quickly.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:54 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We started a new scheme with 7 new starters. As many know it takes time to implement a new defense and unfortunately we have 7 guys playing together for the first time. Any offense or defense are good when they perform as a unit and have time together.

The leaders of this defense are mostly new here too.

Need to also consider that the talent level is nowhere near where it needs to be. We’ve got holes at DT, LB and corner.

Spags was never gonna have this shit hope turned around quickly.
But that's the point......off the ball 4-3 LB's aren't supposed to be hard to find yet here we are with a terrible unit that has a guy paid like a star.

And we aren't getting roasted because they don't play together, our DTs suck balls, Jones takes himself out of plays and Nnadi is getting pushed all over the field, he looks to have taken a step back.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 10-08-2019
This is fucking retarded. You’ve been spouting stupid shit for days.

When you hear Veach talking about acquiring guys like Tyrann and Frank it’s obvious that they were the guys Spags wanted.

Just like with Reid on offense, Veach works with Spags with this stuff. You act like he’s going out and getting whoever he wants without their input. If the personnel is still that much of an issue, it’s not just Veach that needs blame.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 AM 10-08-2019
But that's the point......off the ball 4-3 LB's aren't supposed to be hard to find yet here we are with a terrible unit that has a guy paid like a star.

And we aren't getting roasted because they don't play together, our DTs suck balls, Jones takes himself out of plays and Nnadi is getting pushed all over the field, he looks to have taken a step back.
That is the point. You can hire the best driver in the world but if you give him a Honda Accord he isn’t going to win races.

The DT’s outside of Nnandi are garbage. They absolutely suck holding the LOS on run plays. We need young corners, we need a couple LB’s.

This defense was so depleted of talent that it was impossible to remake it in one offseason.

I get that Frank Clark has not been good, but Tanoh, D. Wilson, Honey Badger, Ogbah and Thornhill have all been either good or slowly getting better.

I think we can develop guys, but we don’t have the horses. I mean for Christ sake, why is Xavier Williams here? He is terrible.

Getting a legit run stuffing DT to pair with Nnandi would make a big difference. I really want them to trade for someone.
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 10-08-2019
That is the point. You can hire the best driver in the world but if you give him a Honda Accord he isn’t going to win races.

The DT’s outside of Nnandi are garbage. They absolutely suck holding the LOS on run plays. We need young corners, we need a couple LB’s.

This defense was so depleted of talent that it was impossible to remake it in one offseason.

I get that Frank Clark has not been good, but Tanoh, D. Wilson, Honey Badger, Ogbah and Thornhill have all been either good or slowly getting better.

I think we can develop guys, but we don’t have the horses. I mean for Christ sake, why is Xavier Williams here? He is terrible.

Getting a legit run stuffing DT to pair with Nnandi would make a big difference. I really want them to trade for someone.
Geno Atkins.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:12 AM 10-08-2019
Williams is gonna miss like 6 weeks so you won't have to watch him.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:14 AM 10-08-2019

We need multiple fatties up front on both sides of the ball, definitely. That shouod be priority #1 for Veach.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:27 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
We need multiple fatties up front on both sides of the ball, definitely. That shouod be priority #1 for Veach.
Might be able to get peko for cheap too. Just a one year fix. Agreed... I think offenses are exploiting defenses built to stop the spread with the power running game. We may need to have some fatties.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:44 AM 10-08-2019
We are where we are because of neglecting the defense and making bad decisions when we did address the defense.

How many good draft picks on defense have we had in the Reid era? Chris Jones and Marcus Peters for 2 years pre atomic explosion? That’s all I can really think of.

Trade Chris Jones for high draft picks and build through the draft as well as signing another vet player or two like Alex Okafor for cheap.

That is exactly what Ballard has done and it has worked nicely for him. Veach has to hit on more defensive picks, and if he can’t do that, he needs to be fired.
[Reply]
Iczer 09:57 AM 10-08-2019
Watching the last game I felt like I never saw any defensive lineman running stunts. They all just ran into the lineman and got stonewalled.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:06 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Iczer:
Watching the last game I felt like I never saw any defensive lineman running stunts. They all just ran into the lineman and got stonewalled.
This is what they should do most of the time. They should get to their gap and hold and not allow the LB to get got in the wash as they scrape to the ball. I'm a huge Iowa fan and loved Hitchens, but he was not flowing well to the ball with or without a wash in his way... I also like Nieman, but he is a hustling special teams player and not a starting ILB... That's are most glaring weakness IMO.
[Reply]
Iconic 12:54 PM 10-08-2019
Genuinely starting to get the feel that Sutton was not the problem. At the very least the man knew how to garner SOME pressure while having absolute dick for DBs. He even fielded one of the better defenses in the NFL when he first got here.

This defense is a complete mess. And although it doesn't look systemic, Spags OK'd Veach to grab these jerk offs so both of them get to fall on the sword for this.

There was already an enormous lack of talent on defense and it just looks like we managed to get even less talented. Like what the ****?
[Reply]
Page 187 of 324
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Up