ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 324
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192232282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:20 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I disagree. Veach can build a real nice defense for next year. It wont have crazy depth everywhere but they can definitly put a top 15 defense out there if Veach gets it right.
We'll have what we need to play and win, but building this defense to it's ceiling is a minimum 2 season project, 3 if we're being honest.
And I mean the best starters we can get backed up by depth that won't lose games for us. THAT is going to take some doing and TIME.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:58 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
We'll have what we need to play and win, but building this defense to it's ceiling is a minimum 2 season project, 3 if we're being honest.
And I mean the best starters we can get backed up by depth that won't lose games for us. THAT is going to take some doing and TIME.
We don't have to be good - just not horrible.

Top 20 will do...
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:49 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
By the time the defense becomes great (2-3 years), if ever it is to become great within that time, the offense will likely have slowed down (with notably Kelce, Schwartz, Fisher getting older, Watkins probably gone, etc.) so it is not like the team will be any better than what I envision for this team this upcoming season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I disagree. Veach can build a real nice defense for next year. It wont have crazy depth everywhere but they can definitly put a top 15 defense out there if Veach gets it right.
The only way they are top 15 in 2019 is if guys like Speaks make a major contribution. The 2018 draft HAS to be a good one for them to get good fast.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:47 AM 02-25-2019
@RapSheet: Source: The #Panthers are releasing nickel CB Captain Munnerlyn. A solid CB available in a less-than-strong FA market at that position.

Sign him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:49 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@RapSheet: Source: The #Panthers are releasing nickel CB Captain Munnerlyn. A solid CB available in a less-than-strong FA market at that position.

Sign him?
No.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:51 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Better snag 2 of each really...whether that's via draft or FA.

Entire secondary is in dire needs of a complete overhaul.

-Fuller and Ward are the Chiefs only 2 CB's worthy of a roster spot, and I think people even overvalue Ward's worth tbh. But the Chiefs need bodies at the position so I hope he stays.
-Nelson should be sent packing, no way is he worth what he's gonna think he's worth.
-Scandrick good riddance

WTF else is there at CB?

RE: S
-Sorensen should be cut unless it makes financial sense not to.
-Berry :-)
-Lucas is JAG, and cap$ needs to be spend on other more important players
-Watts is coming back, but he'll essentially be a rookie again, didn't have much of a season last yr.
-Murray is trash and should be cut.
I think we sign a safety, draft two corners, and we probably throw another late round pick at a "DB" whose roll will be defined later.

personally, I would be looking to package our 3rd and 4th picks to move up in the draft. With the amount of compensatory picks handed out this year, that fourth round pick is essentially a 5th. I like how Veach wheels and deals, though. Keeps the day two rounds interesting.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:56 AM 02-25-2019
The market for corners just isn’t there in FA. The draft has maybe 2 top end corners that won’t be anywhere near our pick.

I’m thinking Veach is going to be talking in Indy this week. See what a trade would look like for a Patrick Peterson or Xavier Rhodes
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The market for corners just isn’t there in FA. The draft has maybe 2 top end corners that won’t be anywhere near our pick.

I’m thinking Veach is going to be talking in Indy this week. See what a trade would look like for a Patrick Peterson or Xavier Rhodes
They're going to need to find a solid CB in the draft. They need more than 1.
[Reply]
O.city 11:59 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd think you could get Rhodes for like a 3rd.

If you could do that and sign or draft another, you'd be pretty solid.

They're gonna need safeties coming out the wazoo though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:00 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd think you could get Rhodes for like a 3rd.

If you could do that and sign or draft another, you'd be pretty solid.

They're gonna need safeties coming out the wazoo though.
Yep.

I get the idea that we need more quality back there but we also need decent quantity too. So you're going to have to do a little hunting for both.
[Reply]
O.city 12:03 PM 02-25-2019
Yep.

I get the idea that we need more quality back there but we also need decent quantity too. So you're going to have to do a little hunting for both.
They're gonna have to have some unknowns contribute.

Watts, Lucas, etc

They can't go buy or draft everything. Really would be nice to have like, a 4th rounder really take off back there.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:04 PM 02-25-2019
I like the corners in this draft in terms of complimentary #2 players.

I like this scenario

-Cut Houston (bc this is probably what’s happening)
-sign a safety in FA (I like Honey Badger) and have that contract have a low first year cap hit.
-trade for Rhodes/Peterson
-draft a pass rusher and corner with your early picks
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're gonna have to have some unknowns contribute.

Watts, Lucas, etc

They can't go buy or draft everything. Really would be nice to have like, a 4th rounder really take off back there.
Yep. I said as much earlier this morning. If the 2019 defense is going to take big steps forward, the 2018 draft class is going to have to be a big part of it.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:54 PM 02-25-2019
Yeah Veach needs to draft one or two corners plus trade for a veteran CB or sign a FA to a one-year deal like we often see.

There's no way you go into next season just with Fuller, Ward and two rookies. This would be a terrible gamble.
[Reply]
Page 182 of 324
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192232282 > Last »
Up