ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 324
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192242 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:55 PM 02-08-2019
I think we can all agree it was time for a change.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:56 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think we can all agree it was time for a change.
Of course it was. But again, that doesn't change history. You can't just make stuff up to fit your narrative.
[Reply]
TEX 04:58 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

Look at what SDH just posted and ask yourself what the actual TRUTH is.
Gotcha.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:15 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Originally Posted by bowener:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:17 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Why beg? Just differ.
PLEEEEEEEAASE LET ME DIFFER
[Reply]
booger 06:46 PM 02-08-2019
https://youtu.be/lU3CcwOar2g

On phone so can’t get embed video so someone else feel free.

David Merritt 6 minute interview on a Rookie S Landon Collins, other young DBs, and Spags before training camp was almost ready to start/ conclusion of OTAs mini camp in 2015. You can gather a small taste of his coaching philosophy/approach etc.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:56 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We were one of the best defenses 3-4 years ago
It's a narrative here. Just go with it.
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yes, a short sucky window of "Suttony goodness".
Sutton defense is NOT Chiefs defense.
Crennell defense is NOT Chiefs defense.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!
People can cherry pick stats all they want. One consistent facet of the Sutton defense was the inability to get the clutch stop. Didn't matter who was at LB or CB or whatever, his defenses rarely got a clutch stop. When they did it was usually because of a turnover, ala Berry on a pick 2 against Atlanta or Peters with a strip against Carolina.

They were always way to soft in their prevent defenses and had trouble getting off the field if they didn't force a turnover or get a sack.

I don't know if Spags will return us to what we used to call "Chiefs Defense" or not but he at least seems to present a good chance of it.

A true Chiefs defense or any good defense forces punts as well as takes the ball away.

A good defense makes you work the field and the clock in a prevent. Not let you drive into scoring range in 2 or 3 plays.

The Ravens had one of the best defenses and their INT against the Chiefs was their first since week #5.

Stop the run
Get after the QB
Tight coverage
Tackle
Force the punt

Sutton's defenses rarely did any of that well save get after the QB
[Reply]
bricks 07:02 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
People can cherry pick stats all they want. One consistent facet of the Sutton defense was the inability to get the clutch stop. Didn't matter who was at LB or CB or whatever, his defenses rarely got a clutch stop. When they did it was usually because of a turnover, ala Berry on a pick 2 against Atlanta or Peters with a strip against Carolina.

They were always way to soft in their prevent defenses and had trouble getting off the field if they didn't force a turnover or get a sack.

I don't know if Spags will return us to what we used to call "Chiefs Defense" or not but he at least seems to present a good chance of it.

A true Chiefs defense or any good defense forces punts as well as takes the ball away.

A good defense makes you work the field and the clock in a prevent. Not let you drive into scoring range in 2 or 3 plays.

The Ravens had one of the best defenses and their INT against the Chiefs was their first since week #5.

Stop the run
Get after the QB
Tight coverage
Tackle
Force the punt

Sutton's defenses rarely did any of that well save get after the QB

I agree. And I would like to add, his defenses a lot of times had his players misread or be out of position to make plays. It was so frustrating to see lots of blown assignments.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:03 PM 02-08-2019
Here you go booger.

[Reply]
petegz28 07:06 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:

I agree. And I would like to add, his defenses a lot of times had his players misread or be out of position to make plays. It was so frustrating to see lots of blown assignments.
Blown assignments of just playing so far off that 3rd& 5 - 3rd & 9 was almost an automatic conversion.
[Reply]
booger 07:08 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Here you go booger.

:-) thanks man
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:42 PM 02-08-2019
What is Chiefs defense then?

Please tell me Gunther Cunningham. I need a good laugh.

There's only two defensive coordinators in modern CHIEFS HISTORY that have fielded back-to-back-to-back top 10 defenses - Bill Cowher and Bob Sutton.

It was well beyond time for Sutton to be fired. You can bust on Sutton all you want, he deserves it. But you don't get to change history to do it.
Everyone knows Goonther was a puppet on a string, you ass. And I WILL bust on Sutton. I will bust on his soft, non-aggressive, BDB horseshit that for THREE SEASONS was Super Un-Clutch HEAP big bag o' dicks.

So you managed to get one right. Of course, you forgot the man who started it all and wrote the book on NFL defense for the 70's and most of the 80's.

It's so sad when youngsters forget history...:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:47 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Blown assignments of just playing so far off that 3rd& 5 - 3rd & 9 was almost an automatic conversion.
And as you say; getting a stop? WTF is that?( says Bob )

But please, pull a bunch of useless stats on sacks! WEE-HEE! Just a bunch of soft, un-clutch, and ultimately useless "defense" parading around as "finesse".

Puke.

Blech.

Up-chuck.

BE GONE!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Everyone knows Goonther was a puppet on a string, you ass. And I WILL bust on Sutton. I will bust on his soft, non-aggressive, BDB horseshit that for THREE SEASONS was Super Un-Clutch HEAP big bag o' dicks.

So you managed to get one right. Of course, you forgot the man who started it all and wrote the book on NFL defense for the 70's and most of the 80's.

It's so sad when youngsters forget history...:-)
It's easy to field an all-world defense when you have SEVEN hall of famers out of 11 starters. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:27 AM 02-09-2019
It's easy to field an all-world defense when you have SEVEN hall of famers out of 11 starters. :-)
And I'm sure the Chiefs knew they were Hall of Famer's when they acquired them too!

The main players on that defense were guys that would have barely been a blip on the radar of the NFL. Mostly because of their skin color, but still. Unlike Bob, Stram and his people knew how to successfully mine for talent, and then use what they had to maximum benefit.
[Reply]
Page 142 of 324
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192242 > Last »
Up