ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 324
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:35 PM 02-06-2019
Someone like Chris Long; he's about done, is a great leader, might want another run at a ring. Pair him with a rookie draft pick at RDE. There are a couple of 30 something SAM backers that wouldn't break the bank with a little left in the tank. We need one good safety, as Berry's done, one way or the other.
CB's I think we can draft a guy or two and roll with Fuller and Ward.
[Reply]
bricks 06:54 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Someone like Chris Long; he's about done, is a great leader, might want another run at a ring. Pair him with a rookie draft pick at RDE. There are a couple of 30 something SAM backers that wouldn't break the bank with a little left in the tank. We need one good safety, as Berry's done, one way or the other.
Landon Collins. That would be the guy I’d go after if I were the Chiefs. It might not be that easy to get him though? I wouldn’t be surprised if the Giants placed either the transition or franchise tag on him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:54 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Exactly. We need to start working like were smart but poor, because that's what we're probably going to be in the process of building this up. Having Mahomes changes a lot of the traditional dynamics that were used to, and how the team will have to be built and maintained. It's a different way of doing things but when you have a play maker and leader as dynamic as Patrick, what you once may have considered areas of great need are no longer as great.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:10 PM 02-07-2019

In a teleconference, Brett Veach said the Chiefs already have the personnel on defense to play a 4-3 defensive look under Steve Spagnuolo.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) February 7, 2019

[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:13 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

"Because I drafted them in 2018 MUAHAHAHAHA!"
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:15 PM 02-07-2019

I missed this earlier in the teleconference with Brett Veach, but he basically said Breeland Speaks will transition back to defensive end, the position he played at Mississippi.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) February 7, 2019

[Reply]
booger 01:31 PM 02-07-2019
2-6-19

Kentucky: Mark Stoops noted at his signing day presser today that an NFL head coach reached out today about a potential coaching candidate on the UK staff.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Could be a number of different coaches on UK staff. Doesn’t necessarily mean KC is the team reaching out. Could be BS simply because it’s from Stoops recruiting signing day presser yesterday and saying that doesn’t do anything to hurt but only help recruiting by throwing that answer out to reporters. It’s simply good business for college coaches and promoting their program.

Or it’s possible it’s KC related and them looking into hiring Kentucky DC Matt House to coach LBs in KC. News on the staff is slow so this is just a throwing out there something I read because of House coaching under Spags with the rams. So take it for what it’s worth which could be anywhere in between not meaning Jack Shit to being a possibility, not enough info yet.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 02:05 PM 02-07-2019

Show us your depth chart Mr. Veach.
[Reply]
booger 02:20 PM 02-07-2019
Cavon Walker from Maryland. DL probably strong side DE and 3T. Signed as UDFA last year with bears. KC signed him to a futures contract about a month ago.

https://youtu.be/Mss3-7pEFBM
#5 here

https://youtu.be/uHXuZhXQxjk
# 18 here

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprof...2018&genpos=DE

Very similar to Speaks size. Kind of a Jimmy Wilkerson type.
[Reply]
booger 04:42 PM 02-07-2019
https://mobile.twitter.com/FieldYate...raining%2Bcamp

That’s being confirmed by Field Yates, the Merritt hiring as DB coach. No word on Harris. Could stay on as CB coach. Have to wait and see
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:45 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by booger:

That’s being confirmed by Field Yates, the Merritt hiring as DB coach. No word on Harris. Could stay on as CB coach. Have to wait and see
So we are signing a DL coach to be a DB coach. Yeah that sounds about right.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:49 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I think Yates has that mixed up and meant DB but typed DL. He's been coaching DB's since 2006.

As coach:
Tennessee-Chattanooga (1997) Outside linebackers
Virginia Military Institute (1998) Defensive ends/outside linebackers coach
Virginia Military Institute (1999–2000) Defensive line coach
New York Jets (2001–2003) Defensive assistant/linebackers coach
New York Giants (2004) Defensive assistant/quality control coach
New York Giants (2005) Defensive assistant
New York Giants (2006–2017) Secondary/safeties coach
Arizona Cardinals (2018) Defensive backs coach
Jacksonville Jaguars (2019) Secondary/safeties coach
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:54 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by booger:

Love that hire.
[Reply]
booger 04:58 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Read that and scroll down to his coaching stops and positions coached over the years. Secondary/Safties coach from before Spags became Giants DC the first time to the most recent Spags stint with the giants and last year DBs on Wilks staff. Coughlin obviously knows him well. I think it was giving the guy a job(3 weeks ago) because Merritt didn’t know Spags was returning and he wanted to get hired on somewhere and that’s what was available. Otherwise if he knew KC was going to make a change and hire Spags he would not have taken the Jacksonville job. That’s what makes the most sense to me as I’ve read up on Merritt
[Reply]
booger 05:03 PM 02-07-2019
Love that hire.
Coached Landon Collins lmao. I agree though whether he is in charge of all DBs or just Safties coach paired with Harris I’m good with either. Definitely helps he knows Spags playbook, terminology, and what he expects. Needed that from at least one asst coach
[Reply]
Page 138 of 324
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Up