ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 240
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:00 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
So your argument is that you've spent 50 years rooting for the outcome of a coin toss?
What the fuck are you talking about?

I’m saying that one of our guys (that isn’t a star by any means) made the big play, the same as Butler, but it just so happened that Dee Ford fucked up. It’s really simple.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:03 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I wish we had a guy like Gary Kubiak. He proved he could win the damn thing.

Or maybe Tony Dungy. Or Bill Cowher. Or Mike Tomlin.

All better than Andy for sure.
Gary Kubiak? Are you for real? What a crock of . . . Gary Kubiak was so bad at the Texans that they fired him and no other team wanted him as HC. So he went to the Ravens for a year as OC. Then was hired by the Broncos by Elway, who as we all know is a freaking personnel genius and did NOTHING to win a championship, because he had Manning, possibly the second greatest QB to ever step on a field, that called his own plays at the line, for Christ's sake.

Then what amazing thing did the offensive guru do? Oh yeah, he went to the Viking as an OC again. And was done after just one year.

Yeah, PUH-LEEASSE let's go ahead and hire that sack of crap.

Basically ditto for Dungy. Wouldn't have done anything without Manning.

Cowher? HOF players everywhere.

Tomlin? Seriously? He's a glorified cheerleader that inherited a team and a franchise QB for Pete's sake. And his record with personnel? AB anyone? Bell? Ben?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:04 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Gary Kubiak? Are you for real? What a crock of . . . Gary Kubiak was so bad at the Texans that they fired him and no other team wanted him as HC. So he went to the Ravens for a year as OC. Then was hired by the Broncos by Elway, who as we all know is a freaking personnel genius (his QB career notwithstanding) and did NOTHING to win a championship, because he had Manning, possibly the second greatest QB to ever step on a field, that called his own plays at the line, for Christ's sake.

Then what amazing thing did the offensive guru do? Oh yeah, he went to the Viking as an OC again. And was done after just one year.

Yeah, PUH-LEEASSE let's go ahead and hire that sack of crap.

Bascially ditto for Dungy. Wouldn't have done anything without Manning.

Cowher? HOF players everywhere.

Tomlin? Seriously? He's a glorified cheerleader that inherited a team and a franchise QB for Pete's sake.
Turn your sarcasm meter on.

I give Clay shit, but he’s not that dumb. He knows how lucky we are to have a current top 3 and future HOF HC.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:15 PM 10-09-2019
Again, I am not disrespectful of what Reid has accomplished and am not rallying for his replacement.

But I am very much disheartened by his response to his shortcomings, which seems to be taking more sole authority and responsibility for correcting them.

You have to realize your deficiencies and delegate to superior talent when merited.
Okay, and I get where you're coming from. I do. I'm with you about Andy's odd decisions at critical moments. Sometimes I actually scratch my head.

But he's literally 25 games into having the QB he's been wanting for his entire career. And an AFCCG loss notwithstanding, he's a few pieces from putting this team into the Super Bowl.

In other words, more than 97% of the time, he's made the right decisions. I think we can live with that. I know I can.

We lost a game to the Colts. One game. In the regular season.

Have we all forgotten the despair and misery of the Haley/Edwards/Crennel years? Do we really want to roll the dice when we already know what it's like to have a truly bad HC?

Reid is our best shot for the next 4 or 5 years to win a championship, period.

Everyone needs to take a pill and trust the guy that scrabbled to get us into the playoffs four out of six years with Alex "Checkdown" Smith. That brought us Mahomes. That brought us to the AFCCG for the first time in 40 years or whatever. That trounced the Pats twice with Alex Smith and his book of magical offensive plays.

We got this. He's got this.

Peace.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:17 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Turn your sarcasm meter on.

I give Clay shit, but he’s not that dumb. He knows how lucky we are to have a current top 3 and future HOF HC.
Okay, the I apologize if that's the case. I guess I'm a little annoyed at all the posts I've read in this thread about how we need to can Andy because we lost a regular season game.

My bad.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:23 PM 10-09-2019
Okay, the I apologize if that's the case. I guess I'm a little annoyed at all the posts I've read in this thread about how we need to can Andy because we lost a regular season game.

My bad.
With all of the overreaction and hyperbole on this board the last few days I can’t say I blame you.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:27 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
With all of the overreaction and hyperbole on this board the last few days I can’t say I blame you.
It's at least partly my fault. I could've just asked if he was serious before launching into that tirade.

Especially as I'm well aware that I have a tendency to take everything I read online literally. I'm kinda like that Drax (?) character on "Guardians of the Galaxy." At least when it comes to forums.

Anyway, I apologized to him so hopefully all is well.

But thanks.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:30 PM 10-09-2019
Okay, and I get where you're coming from. I do. I'm with you about Andy's odd decisions at critical moments. Sometimes I actually scratch my head.

But he's literally 25 games into having the QB he's been wanting for his entire career. And an AFCCG loss notwithstanding, he's a few pieces from putting this team into the Super Bowl.

In other words, more than 97% of the time, he's made the right decisions. I think we can live with that. I know I can.

We lost a game to the Colts. One game. In the regular season.

Have we all forgotten the despair and misery of the Haley/Edwards/Crennel years? Do we really want to roll the dice when we already know what it's like to have a truly bad HC?

Reid is our best shot for the next 4 or 5 years to win a championship, period.

Everyone needs to take a pill and trust the guy that scrabbled to get us into the playoffs four out of six years with Alex "Checkdown" Smith. That brought us Mahomes. That brought us to the AFCCG for the first time in 40 years or whatever. That trounced the Pats twice with Alex Smith and his book of magical offensive plays.

We got this. He's got this.

Peace.

My bad.
For the umpteenth time, to be PERFECTLY clear, I'm nowhere near the 'can Andy' stage. My criticism is that someone needs to be frank with him about his shortcomings and convince him to delegate.

Being an offensive guru doesn't entitle you to carte blanche on your shortcomings. Yes men at GM and DC, keeping projects like DAT well beyond drop date, etc, no one to countermand his troubling yet enduring tendency to coast with big leads and abandon the run when the game is tight.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:38 PM 10-09-2019

On that 100 greatest games series, when they got to the Pats-Seahawks goal line INT game, the fan narrating pointed out

'Malcolm Butler? Who? An undrafted rookie? .
Butler making that play was mostly luck. He never made that play in practice, according to Bill and according to Gronk. NOT ONCE.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:41 PM 10-09-2019
For the umpteenth time, to be PERFECTLY clear, I'm nowhere near the 'can Andy' stage. My criticism is that someone needs to be frank with him about his shortcomings and convince him to delegate.

Being an offensive guru doesn't entitle you to carte blanche on your shortcomings. Yes men at GM and DC, keeping projects like DAT well beyond drop date, etc, on one to countermand his troubling yet enduring tendency to coast with big leads and abandon the run when the game is tight.
I don't know why people keep thinking I'm singling them out. I don't believe I was responding to you in particular.

There's been several people that seem to think that Andy isn't the guy and should be shitcanned, so far as I can tell in this thread, and others.

And if you're just cadging for an apology, you can forget it. My religion limits me to one apology a month. You're screwed until next month.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:41 PM 10-09-2019
Butler making that play was mostly luck. He never made that play in practice, according to Bill and according to Gronk. NOT ONCE.
Ignoring altogether that he PRACTICED it. . .

Yeah, it's all luck. The only difference between a pocketful of if-onlys and a case full of SB trophies is chance.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:47 PM 10-09-2019
It seems like the Reid worshippers haven't learned from his record in Philly!!..those fans had MORE success with him than we have had here!!..yet they got to a point where they knew they couldn't win with him. What happened after? Oh yes THEY WON A FRIKKING SUPERBOWL!!..folks need to quit the bogus "he's the best thing ever to happen to KC" BS and get with reality. He has the best player in the league right now...either win a damn championship In the next 18 months or get the hell out, it's that simple to me.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:51 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It seems like the Reid worshippers haven't learned from his record in Philly!!..those fans had MORE success with him than we have had here!!..yet they got to a point where they knew they couldn't win with him. What happened after? Oh yes THEY WON A FRIKKING SUPERBOWL!!..folks need to quit the bogus "he's the best thing ever to happen to KC" BS and get with reality. He has the best player in the league right now...either win a damn championship In the next 18 months or get the hell out, it's that simple to me.
See, Baby Lee, this guy and his pals; that's who I was responding to, not you.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:53 PM 10-09-2019
See, Baby Lee, this guy and his pals; that's who I was responding to, not you.
Apology accepted. . .
[Reply]
RunKC 07:54 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Literally the only good thing in the last 20 years in this franchise is Andy Reid.

And you morons want him gone.

You brain dead monkey ****s.
It’s the 90’s Chiefs all over again, except it’s worse bc we have a God QB.

I lose more faith in Andy every year he fails.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 240
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Up