ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 240
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:12 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Is there a single fanbase out there that thinks, "Man, my coach has great clock management?"

Maybe the Pats, but I think that's more Brady than it is the coaching staff. Belichick doesn't call plays. Does he even have an earpiece in Brady's helmet?

I'm pretty sure everyone else is going to say, "God, our head coach is terrible at clock management!"

Close losses happen in the NFL. Every coach has a bad loss or two or more. Reid has coached a long time. He's accumulated many close losses.

I'm not giving him an excuse whatsoever. I'm just saying that if people are still hoping Andy Reid leaves/retires soon, I don't think they're exactly going to be delighted with the clock management skills of the replacement, either.
So, why has Reid had, and continues to have, such an Achilles heel in situational football and clock management?

Haglund's deformity in the frontal lobe?

This Thread Is From 2015...original post is still accurate.

Mahomes hasn't cured all of Full Reidtard.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:29 PM 11-21-2018
Legendary QB coach; might be best ever(Bill Walsh?)

Great offensive coordinator; can always make something work. Weakness is getting too cute

Average HC; keeps it calm and together. Makes it work almost instantly. Weaknesses; not strict enough with players. One-sided coach, his defense is on its own. Clock management is crap. Offense management is great but Overall game management is weak because he's so involved as the QB coach, OC, with playcalling. Team discipline suffers, defense and special teams suffer.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:38 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

Mahomes hasn't cured all of Full Reidtard.
He might. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomes brought peace to the Middle East.

His mind is fucking ridiculous. It takes 4 years to truly master Andy Reid's offense? He's got it down pretty damn good in half the time. By the time he reaches year 4, at the rate he learns and develops, he'll have command of the field and the situation like Peyton Manning.

I'm not expecting it out of him, but I'm also not going to doubt his capabilities of doing so.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:40 PM 11-21-2018
He might. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomes brought peace to the Middle East.

His mind is ****ing ridiculous. It takes 4 years to truly master Andy Reid's offense? He's got it down pretty damn good in half the time. By the time he reaches year 4, at the rate he learns and develops, he'll have command of the field and the situation like Peyton Manning.

I'm not expecting it out of him, but I'm also not going to doubt his capabilities of doing so.
Understood, and agree 100% with your assessment.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:44 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There’s not a coach in the league that would’ve handled that any differently.

The only way you run clock is if a FG wins it in that situation.

RunKC is a butt****ing moron trying desperately to put this loss on Andy.
Bill Belichick handled it properly a month earlier.

JFC are you one fantastic homer.

You’re acting like this is some new fault of Andy’s. This shit has been going on for 20 years.

It’s like your dumbass forgot all the Eagles fans warning us about this shit or Andy constantly being made fun of for it before he got here.

Did you also forget the Indy collapse in January 2014? That was the single worst managed game in NFL history :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:46 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe because you can't throw it to the sideline where all the defenders are?
We had three timeouts. So let mahomes run the regular offense that scored us 51 points. We ran the same short te route literally three straight plays. It was a bizarre strategy.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:49 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

You’re acting like this is some new fault of Andy’s. This shit has been going on for 20 years.

It’s like your dumbass forgot all the Eagles fans warning us about this shit or Andy constantly being made fun of for it before he got here.

Did you also forget the Indy collapse in January 2014? That was the single worst managed game in NFL history :-)
Hey Reidtard,

RUN THE FUCKING BALL.

Sincerely,
CP
[Reply]
RunKC 02:49 PM 11-21-2018

His mind is ****ing ridiculous. It takes 4 years to truly master Andy Reid's offense? He's got it down pretty damn good in half the time. By the time he reaches year 4, at the rate he learns and develops, he'll have command of the field and the situation like Peyton Manning.

I am hoping with all of my beings that Mahomes takes over those situations in January and tells Andy to fuck off.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:53 PM 11-21-2018
Is there a single fanbase out there that thinks, "Man, my coach has great clock management?"

Maybe the Pats, but I think that's more Brady than it is the coaching staff. Belichick doesn't call plays. Does he even have an earpiece in Brady's helmet?

I'm pretty sure everyone else is going to say, "God, our head coach is terrible at clock management!"

Close losses happen in the NFL. Every coach has a bad loss or two or more. Reid has coached a long time. He's accumulated many close losses.

I'm not giving him an excuse whatsoever. I'm just saying that if people are still hoping Andy Reid leaves/retires soon, I don't think they're exactly going to be delighted with the clock management skills of the replacement, either.
It's not just clock management. It's situational game management. And it's not just occasional brain farts. It's doing the same thing for 20 years in the same situation and never changing. Reid sitting on leads is enfuriating. Mahomes dominates an offense, our defense makes a few key stops, and like clockwork Reid switches to a safe gameplan that looks nothing like what was working. Who in an organization can stop him from doing that? Like Alex Smith, you're not going to change his ways.

Our only hope is mahomes eventually will. I don't think he feels he has the right yet to rebel against Reid's situational playcalling. Not yet.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM 11-21-2018

It was a completely different situation seeing as they only needed a FG to win.

Like O.City was trying to explain to you, if we were running clock in that situation which would means we were playing for the FG, aka a tie. I could only imagine what you’d be saying if he did that. We want him to be aggressive, and who the **** was trusting Butler to make a F?

Instead we went for a TD for the win. You’re not worried about running clock when you need a TD to win. You will never see a team trying to run clock in that situation.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:57 PM 11-21-2018
I just can't get past the 1st and 10 at the Rams 48 with 1:49 left. Everyone but Hunt was 25 yards downfield. Hunt goes left flat, Mahomes rolls/drifts right..Kelce loses his block...Mahomes...just throw it at Kelce's feet and move on to 2nd and 10. Tell Andy you want at least 1 intermediate route and Have Hunt move to your right presnap. We had it right there and we could have even run the ball or a screen or 2 and had tons of time to score a TD or worst case a fg.
[Reply]
O.city 03:02 PM 11-21-2018

Belichick was in a tie game. He wasn't behind.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:03 PM 11-21-2018
Seems to be a common situation with Chiefs coaches; Marty's teams dominated for 55 minutes and then would curl up in a ball and watch the other team steal the game away. Andy does the same sort of thing; why is Hunt on the sidelines on 3rd down?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:04 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You will never see a team trying to run clock in that situation.
We have absolutely seen this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/s...-strategy.html

Fortunately the Giants players figure this out and executed it brilliantly.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:05 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I just can't get past the 1st and 10 at the Rams 48 with 1:49 left. Everyone but Hunt was 25 yards downfield. Hunt goes left flat, Mahomes rolls/drifts right..Kelce loses his block...Mahomes...just throw it at Kelce's feet and move on to 2nd and 10. Tell Andy you want at least 1 intermediate route and Have Hunt move to your right presnap. We had it right there and we could have even run the ball or a screen or 2 and had tons of time to score a TD or worst case a fg.
Yeah...
[Reply]
Page 104 of 240
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up