ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 33
« First < 232930313233
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Alex Okafor [restructured]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:15 PM 03-14-2019

The #Chiefs are expected to sign former #Saints DE Alex Okafor, source said. He gets a 3-year deal worth up to $24M.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:32 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Speaks is probably your best bet at interior pass rusher if something happens to Jones.

That’s why I think he makes it.
Any development by Saunders puts him ahead of Speaks in that regard, IMO. Frankly, Pennel's ability to simply maul guys and push them back caught me off guard a time or two last year.

If Jones goes down, I'm guessing 'mush rush' would be the chosen course. I just don't think Speaks gives them any kind of reasonable proxy for Jones to the point that they'd attempt the same formula. This isn't like using Jaye Howard when Poe went down - they don't have a 1b to Jones 1a. The gap is just so significant that I think you're scrapping the 'Jones Plan' and approaching it a different way.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:35 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Any development by Saunders puts him ahead of Speaks in that regard, IMO. Frankly, Pennel's ability to simply maul guys and push them back caught me off guard a time or two last year.

If Jones goes down, I'm guessing 'mush rush' would be the chosen course. I just don't think Speaks gives them any kind of reasonable proxy for Jones to the point that they'd attempt the same formula. This isn't like using Jaye Howard when Poe went down - they don't have a 1b to Jones 1a. The gap is just so significant that I think you're scrapping the 'Jones Plan' and approaching it a different way.
They were already using Speaks in a similar role before he went down last year.

I think they like him as a big DE on early downs that can slide inside on passing downs.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:26 PM 08-10-2020
I’d think Tyrann and Kelce extensions are top priorities right now, even above someone like Ryan or Clowney..
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:27 PM 08-10-2020
Apparently Everson Griffen has been liking Chiefs related tweets on twitter.

That’d be alright too, although the position already feels quite deep.
[Reply]
O.city 02:31 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Apparently Everson Griffen has been liking Chiefs related tweets on twitter.

That’d be alright too, although the position already feels quite deep.
That’s one spot I don’t think you can really have to many of
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:35 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That’s one spot I don’t think you can really have to many of
True, and maybe it allows them to ease guys like Clark along toward the playoffs a little more, or at least provides insurance for if he has any more injury problems.

Griffen is instantly your 2nd best DE, but I’m sure he’d be more of a 3rd down guy given where things are at now.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:49 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. In fact, one could argue that the roster is decaying under Veach.
Tex, you’re my boy. But this didn’t age well.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:29 PM 08-10-2020
Griffen, Ryan, and even Clowney all make sense to me.

Whichever once will play on a one-year deal for 8-10 million is my pick. Roll over the rest of the money and find some other savings against the cap this year that can be used to roll over more space.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:42 PM 08-10-2020
Team is not pissing cap away on clowney
[Reply]
TEX 05:45 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Tex, you’re my boy. But this didn’t age well.
It sure as hell did NOT! Lol!
Just one of many stupid as fuck things I've said over the years. Im sure there will be more...:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:23 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
It sure as hell did NOT! Lol!
Just one of many stupid as fuck things I've said over the years. Im sure there will be more...:-)
At least you took a position outside of we'll see :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:57 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Griffen, Ryan, and even Clowney all make sense to me.

Whichever once will play on a one-year deal for 8-10 million is my pick. Roll over the rest of the money and find some other savings against the cap this year that can be used to roll over more space.
“Whichever one...”

Jesus - I hope we’re not offering anywhere close to that for Griffen or Ryan.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:28 PM 08-10-2020
Would they bring back Suggs
[Reply]
RunKC 07:44 PM 08-10-2020
I would save that extra money for rollover. We’ll likely have to use some of it for things like injuries, but that should still leave $10 million or so.

I’m seeing an extension coming for Landlord and Kelce which should free up more money for us next Spring. They’ll likely wait for Kittle to be paid first to see what Kelce’s market will be
[Reply]
Page 33 of 33
« First < 232930313233
Up