ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Would you trade 32 for 50 & 53?
RunKC 09:31 AM 04-05-2024
New Athletic mock us is trading with the Eagles for picks 50 and 53 so they can come up to take Graham Barton.

I wouldn’t in this scenario bc Amarius Mims goes 1 pick before us to SF. Xavier Worthy is also on the board so I’m not sure the Chiefs trade down in that scenario either.

If the top tackles were all gone would you sacrifice Xavier Worthy to trade 32 for 50 and 53 and have three 2nd rd picks?

I think I’d do it tbh
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 AM 04-05-2024
Yea, not a huge difference in the caliber of player at 32 and both of those spots.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 04-05-2024
If we can’t trade up and take Mims? Yeah…probably. We can always trade up higher in the 2nd if there is someone we really want.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:45 AM 04-05-2024
You can go WR/OT/WR in the 2nd or WR/OT/CB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 04-05-2024
Yeah, I'd almost certainly do that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:52 AM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You can go WR/OT/WR in the 2nd or WR/OT/CB.
If there is still an OT there, for sure. But I'm almost just leaning towards bringing Donovan Smith back and letting him and Wanya battle it out in TC. Maybe grab a raw OT in the 4th or 5th and see what they have too.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:55 AM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If there is still an OT there, for sure. But I'm almost just leaning towards bringing Donovan Smith back and letting him and Wanya battle it out in TC. Maybe grab a raw OT in the 4th or 5th and see what they have too.
I'd be fine with that if they think the other games outside of the Raiders game are more indicative of the guy we'll get in year 2.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:59 AM 04-05-2024
I could even be talked into grabbing a DE or DT in the 2nd with one of those picks.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:03 AM 04-05-2024
That’s interesting. It depends on who’s available obviously at 32 but if the top 6 WRs and LTs are gone, which includes Guyton, Mims, Ad Mitchell, and B Thomas. Yes, I’d move back and take a LT like Kingsley or the Yale LT, Kiran Am or ND’s Fisher. And then take Legette or Coleman if he falls that far.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:04 AM 04-05-2024
Man... if all 3 of those second round picks hit, that would be pretty fun.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:06 AM 04-05-2024
Every year we pick at the bottom of the 1st and I end up wishing we had x3 2nd rounders instead.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:15 AM 04-05-2024
From what I’m hearing this will be one of the best 2nd rds in a long time.

I’ve listened to Nate Tice, Dane Brugler and Nick Jacobs (OL review) and they all have similar feelings about this 2nd rd being so good. These are the guys they love.

Koran Amegadjie OT Yale-elite footwork and body size. His feet are as fast as the best tackles in this class. He needs to develop his hands and leverage but he’s the ideal moldable LT. It’s not gonna be easy to beat him on the edge.

Brandon Dorlus DL Oregon-Screams Spags. Lined up everywhere on the DL. Isn’t a great bend type rusher but has elite athleticism for his size. He’s basically a shorter more athletic version or Charles Omenihu. Outstanding hands and short area speed.

Javon Baker WR UFC-only transferred bc he had Waddle, Devonta and J Williams keeping him on the bench. Excellent route running ability to go with size. He can manipulate DB’s in a similar way AB did by varying his routes. Chiefs had him in on a private visit.

Blake Fisher-Only reason he didn’t play LT is bc Joe Alt. Probably more of a RT but he’s got everything you could want there. Everyone thinks he’s gonna be a very good pro
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:32 AM 04-05-2024
It's obviously tempting but it's still quite a way down. There'd have to be no one I like on the board, but still a bunch of dudes I'd be happy with in the 50s. Not sure that is the case for me personally. I don't see ANY way there's a day one starting-caliber OT on the board that late.

I guess if you want WR at 32, you'd be happy trading down.

Come to think of it, I'd probably rather go up for an OT than down for a WR. If we can hit on that position, I think it completely changes the offense for the next decade. Pat simply has never had that type of luxury, great blindside protection, and we've been blessed that Pat can overcome guys making his job harder.

I'm getting way off topic now but give me a starting LT early, a complimentary WR in round 2 to settle in behind Kelce/Rice/Hollywood, use that cap space wisely and let's roll.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:35 AM 04-05-2024
I'd do it because of the strength of the class at the positions we need this year.

Legit chance you could end up with a good player at DT, LB, or CB to go with what you need.

Could trade our 3rd with 50 to get back up around 38 or so and have 38-53-64 which is fine by me too.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:26 AM 04-05-2024
I think there are multiple ways do trade down and accomplish this. I don't think you have to drop all they way from 32 to the 50s. But after playing around on the simulators you can sure fill some needs and walk away with a hell of a draft.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up