ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>First woman to play in a power 5 college football game today
Deberg_1990 09:22 AM 11-28-2020
Awesome! I will watch!

Historic moment for college football 👏

Vanderbilt is turning to women's soccer player Sarah Fuller to be its place-kicker on Saturday.

She will become the first woman to participate in a Power 5 football game. (via @VandyFootball) pic.twitter.com/kIeMh4uRjZ

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 27, 2020

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:59 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Meh.

Let's see her make 6 XPs in the NFL, which is the number of XPs that Butker has missed.

Just see how many supportive posts she got for a mediocre version of a pooch kick that Butker made against the Bucs, versus how much hate an actual (man) kicker gets when it actually matters.

And suck my dick if she makes even a 30-yard FG, let alone a 53 and 2 from 58.

Funny thing, all the posters here simping for her statistically have a better chance of getting with Butker than her.
Lmao, who has even slightly hinted that she's better than Butker? Why are you bringing up an NFL kicker? What does this post even mean? Who are you?
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 03:11 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao, who has even slightly hinted that she's better than Butker? Why are you bringing up an NFL kicker? What does this post even mean? Who are you?
Nobody suggests she's better than Butker, but that's not the point.

The point is to give perspective to an obvious disparity...that everybody is losing their minds over a woman kicker kicking a (mediocre) pooch kick...meanwhile, a male kicker who is under intense scrutiny for missing XP kicks, executes a pooch kick that absolutely clowns her kick, and nobody gives a shit.⁸

And, truth be told, there are countless high-school level male kickers that absolutely dwarf her abilities...yet, nobody will ever know their names, because there's an endless army of thirsty simps that will sing the praises of any woman that manages to reach the level of a high-school boy.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 08:25 AM 11-30-2020
The article I read said she was comfortable with 15yd FG attempts, then I saw her pregame warming up kicking FGs from the 2 yard line. 19 yds is the shortest attempt you can have in football! Absolute Freaking Joke. Vandy players should be embarrassed; how bad do you have to collectively be for a circus sideshow kicker to get all the hype. No wonder their coach got fired the very next day.
[Reply]
alanm 08:46 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:
The article I read said she was comfortable with 15yd FG attempts, then I saw her pregame warming up kicking FGs from the 2 yard line. 19 yds is the shortest attempt you can have in football! Absolute Freaking Joke. Vandy players should be embarrassed; how bad do you have to collectively be for a circus sideshow kicker to get all the hype. No wonder their coach got fired the very next day.
To be fair their regular kicker was in the covid protocol. Don't know if their punter was as well. But if their punter was worth a shit he should have been able to handle all kicking chores. And yes it was a publicity stunt.
[Reply]
warpaint* 10:03 AM 11-30-2020
Maybe it's been posted but I'm not reading 14 pages to find out,

This isn't that hard

It wasn't a publicity stunt. They had no kickers due to Covid. Mason had an open tryout for students & no dudes showed up who could do any better (Vandy doesn't have men's soccer).

They had her kick the pooch out of necessity, pretty obv if you paid attention to pre game warmups when she was practicing 14 yard field goals that she couldn't get the ball to the end zone on a kickoff.

An NAIA school wouldn't show up w/ that kicker - they had no choice.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:08 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
Maybe it's been posted but I'm not reading 14 pages to find out,

This isn't that hard

It wasn't a publicity stunt. They had no kickers due to Covid. Mason had an open tryout for students & no dudes showed up who could do any better (Vandy doesn't have men's soccer).

They had her kick the pooch out of necessity, pretty obv if you paid attention to pre game warmups when she was practicing 14 yard field goals that she couldn't get the ball to the end zone on a kickoff.

An NAIA school wouldn't show up w/ that kicker - they had no choice.
I wonder why they don't have men's soccer?
[Reply]
warpaint* 10:19 AM 11-30-2020
Title ix & prioritization of $

Mizzou doesn't have men's golf
Iowa St doesn't have baseball
etc
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:23 AM 11-30-2020
Chiefs had first female NFL player with Bill Kenney...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:24 AM 11-30-2020
Title ix & prioritization of $

Mizzou doesn't have men's golf
Iowa St doesn't have baseball
etc
So basically they've been fucking-over men so we could see this tart trot onto the pitch and make one really sad kick in the name of something. Got it...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:34 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Chiefs had first female NFL player with Bill Kenney...
:-)
[Reply]
warpaint* 10:35 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
So basically they've been ****ing-over men so we could see this tart trot onto the pitch and make one really sad kick in the name of something. Got it...
We saw the dog & pony show b/c the kickers on the squad weren't responsible & Vandy had no other options.

You can avoid getting Covid w/o staying in your basement 24/7. Yes it's absurd & overblown but you know the consequences as a college athlete if you catch it.

As for title ix I'm going to have to disagree w/ you there. Women's soccer brings in as much $ as men's soccer which is zilch.

Unless we're talking about men's basketball or football they're all a drain on the budget. Plus like 1 or 2 women's hoops programs that make $ which is beyond me why someone would pay $ to watch that crap but whatev.

Sports & the values they teach our kids are as good for the girls as they are the boys & equally worth the investment from that perspective.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:36 AM 11-30-2020
Who will be the first NFL head coach to bring in a female kicker? Andy Reid seems fairly progressive.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:47 AM 11-30-2020
We saw the dog & pony show b/c the kickers on the squad weren't responsible & Vandy had no other options.

You can avoid getting Covid w/o staying in your basement 24/7. Yes it's absurd & overblown but you know the consequences as a college athlete if you catch it.

As for title ix I'm going to have to disagree w/ you there. Women's soccer brings in as much $ as men's soccer which is zilch.

Unless we're talking about men's basketball or football they're all a drain on the budget. Plus like 1 or 2 women's hoops programs that make $ which is beyond me why someone would pay $ to watch that crap but whatev.

Sports & the values they teach our kids are as good for the girls as they are the boys & equally worth the investment from that perspective.
Well she's a shining example of a sport a chick should never be asked to play again. I know they will, it's drama that comes with conversation and cameras and nobody will talk about how they actually do, but I think we all know any able bodied dude on the team could have matched that kick. Even a fatty from the line.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:49 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Who will be the first NFL head coach to bring in a female kicker? Andy Reid seems fairly progressive.
Detroit might need to shift the press, maybe they'll do it.
[Reply]
warpaint* 10:56 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well she's a shining example of a sport a chick should never be asked to play again. I know they will, it's drama that comes with conversation and cameras and nobody will talk about how they actually do, but I think we all know any able bodied dude on the team could have matched that kick. Even a fatty from the line.
Not necessarily the accuracy on the pooch - she placed it near the sideline pretty well. That's really a pretty good result having someone of that ability kicking off & managing to put the opp at the 35 to start the drive.

& obv I agree w/ you re: the absurdity of a woman playing cfb. I actually think the tryouts & incidents like this are a good thing. Instead of having to listen to these dips blather on about women being able to play w/ the boys......roll one out there every once in awhile to remind everybody of the disparity.

& if some unicorn comes along who can actually play good for her & I'll gladly stand corrected. Anyone not lying w/ an IQ above 85 can see that for what it was.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up