ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr could get $25 million annually
RunKC 06:05 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by :
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "it is very possible" Carr could be the first quarterback in the NFL to make $25 million annually.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...14801.amp.html

2018 is going to be crazy for the Raiders. Carr and Mack alone will make up close to $50 million.
Time to find out how good Reggie McKenzie really is.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:52 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
These QBs are getting paid for what the team believes they will do not what they have done.

Yes, this is the key here.

I'm just saying, it's pretty crazy if you think about it. Most guys get that max contract after some serious success. Flacco won a SB, Rodgers was arguably the best QB, Luck brought his team deeper into the playoffs in each successive year, etc.

And now we're talking about Derek Carr becoming the highest paid player in the league. At this point he's only had one elite season. He could have done some work in the playoffs but due to injury we'll never know. He's yet to win a division title.

RunKC's Bortles comparison won't get much love here but two years ago Bortles threw 45 TDs. It looked like he was primed to take off and become a legitimate top 5 QB and then he followed it up with a horrible campaign. Now people are wondering when the Jags will move on from him.

Anyway, the Raiders have done a great job of surrounding Carr with talent. Look at that offense. It's fucking LOADED. Get that man signed and get ready to make some serious SB runs over the next 3-5 years.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:53 PM 06-10-2017
I think the NFL should have a salary cap just for QBs...
[Reply]
RunKC 01:54 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
He did nothing? Only reason the Chiefs won the AFC West is because he got hurt.
Please tell me what Carr has on his resume that tells the NFL that he should be paid more than Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:05 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
This place is ****ing stupid. He was a MVP candidate. If mahomes has his success you'll want him in Canton.
Nobody said he sucks
[Reply]
Eureka 02:14 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Please tell me what Carr has on his resume that tells the NFL that he should be paid more than Aaron Rodgers.
Most GM's in the NFL if they could sign him. Including Dorsey.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:42 PM 06-10-2017
25 million will buy Carr a lot of eyeliner.
[Reply]
Bewbies 02:47 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
A higher salary cap than when Rodgers signed his deal.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:56 PM 06-10-2017
I thought it was because we owned them both times we played them. When did they start deciding division tie breakers by QB injuries?
[Reply]
Chief3188 03:59 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I thought it was because we owned them both times we played them. When did they start deciding division tie breakers by QB injuries?
Exactly. The Chiefs had to play 2 games same as the Raiders without their starting QB last year. The difference between them is that the Chiefs won their games because they have a balanced team.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:09 PM 06-10-2017
I hate this ****ing narrative.

1. The Chiefs beat the Riaders twice with Carr, and swept the rest of the division. That's why we won the division

2. There is no gurantee that Carr would've went into Denver and beat a Broncos team with nothing to lose

3. Injuries ****ing happen to everybody. It's not our fault that the Raiders best player is their QB and he got hurt. We played the majority of the past two seasons without our best player and plenty of games without a lot of our other best players. The Raiders as a team have been more fortunate than us with injuries over the past couple of years.
[Reply]
Jiu Jitsu Jon 04:14 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Yup, that game where they beat them by 8 points was total pwnage. :-)

If a Carr-led team faced Denver a second time they're likely 13-3 and there is no tie-breaker.
[Reply]
threebag 04:21 PM 06-10-2017
I bet some of these guys were high on David Carr too
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:26 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Chief3188:
Exactly. The Chiefs had to play 2 games same as the Raiders without their starting QB last year. The difference between them is that the Chiefs won their games because they have a balanced team.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I hate this ****ing narrative.

1. The Chiefs beat the Riaders twice with Carr, and swept the rest of the division. That's why we won the division

2. There is no gurantee that Carr would've went into Denver and beat a Broncos team with nothing to lose

3. Injuries ****ing happen to everybody. It's not our fault that the Raiders best player is their QB and he got hurt. We played the majority of the past two seasons without our best player and plenty of games without a lot of our other best players. The Raiders as a team have been more fortunate than us with injuries over the past couple of years.
You guys are doing a good job of showing why Carr should get paid.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:40 PM 06-10-2017
Carr deserves to get paid, but not the most in the league. It's annoying that "good" players hold franchises by the balls and demand to be the top paid player at the position.

Von Miller was the best player at his position and won SB MVP right before he got paid. Justin Houston lead the league in sacks barely missing the record for most sacks in a season. Those are examples of players who earned being the highest paid.

It sucks that players can do this shit, but thankfully we have a good GM who can scout players. And it's not a rivalry thing either. If Dee Ford gets 10 sacks again this year and goes to Dorsey and demands that he pay him $20 million a year, I hope Dorsey tells him to get ****ed.
[Reply]
jaa1025 04:43 PM 06-10-2017
By the time Mahomes is ready for his 2nd contract, if he is as good as Carr, his contract number might be 30 a year.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up