ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why aren't we happy with the safety position heading into 2019?
Direckshun 11:27 AM 03-20-2019
We just signed Mathieu, who's awesome.

I know nobody likes Sorensen's cap number, but I think he's worth it -- he's starting-caliber. He picked off Brady and stopped a 4th and 1 in the AFCCG.

Armani Watts obviously is an injury concern but all safeties are injury concerns, and Watts showed well before he went down.

Jordan Lucas looks really solid.

I don't like Eric Murray so I don't care there, but we're pretty solid at safety, as much as we are any position on the defense. We don't need to spend $12m on Earl Thomas or burn a 1st or 2nd day pick on the position.

Remember the goal: the goal is to get the defense to be league-average while the offense destroys people.

Our safety position right now is league average.

Let's invest in the positions we are less than league average at: corner, passrusher, linebacker. Basically everywhere else on the defense except for safety.
[Reply]
bricks 07:05 PM 03-20-2019
I feel confident we could get a good safety in this draft and even corner help as well. We’re going to straighten this out.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:32 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’m on the Blake Cashman train now!!!

Dude can fucking tackle and he’s all over the field.
If we could get him late, I'm all for it. He had a great combine but I think that shows more about his willingness to put in the work than it does being a workout warrior.
I was kind of surprised at how much successful blitzing he has under his belt. He's a better than average patrolman against the run and screens too. Definitely worth a look.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:06 PM 03-20-2019
Knowing teams will be throwing it on us to keep up with our offense; why not make the safety position a strength rather than average?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:12 PM 03-20-2019
I’m so pissed that Nagy got Haha Clinton-Dix for $3.5 million. That’s less than Daniel Sorenson is making.

Goddamnit
[Reply]
Warrick 10:44 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m so pissed that Nagy got Haha Clinton-Dix for $3.5 million. That’s less than Daniel Sorenson is making.

Goddamnit
That makes the both of us... I wish Veach had more of a sense of urgency going back to last year when it comes to the secondary. Get off your ass Veach and make the necessary moves regardless if it tips what position you may draft in the first round. Let's at least get better depth where needed. Get rid of Murray and with that money you can sign a better FS.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Most teams use three safeties quite often now.
Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
after reading back several pages of all of your posts-

Murray is hot garbage and not an NFL level player.
Sorensen is complete shit; can't cover, can't diagnose the run, frequently misses tackles looking for a highlight reel hit. Is slow, sloppy, and shitty. He makes up for all of that by being expensive.

Lucas is serviceable. Watts looked good in a small sample size. Both are more FS than SS I think.

Honeybadger is versatile, but should be in a box role at least 50% of the time.
We could use one more true FS OR fully versatile safety. a Thornhill or a Rapp type would be a nice chess piece. Also, Tre Boston would be a nice piece as he's versatile as well although a better FS I think.

LB is currently a bigger need than Safety or Corner. DE is perhaps even higher.

D'OD is totally capable of manning the WLB spot in a 3 down capacity. Wilson and Hitchens can both man a SAM spot, and Hitchens can man the MLB spot. So Wilson/Hitchens/D'OD is not terrible although I expect we'll add at least one more piece.
Hitchens isn't playing SLB or MLB. He's your Will. I'd all but guarantee it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:13 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Angry fan:
Think this thru. If Sorensen didn't shoot that gap the way he did, the Patriots convert 4th and 1. Likely the Patriots score another TD making it 24-14.

Mahomes drives the Chiefs making it 24-21. Patriots run the clock out and win the game in regulation instead of throwing it on 3rd and long, etc, etc.

Sorenson pretty much helped get Sutton fired on that 4th and 1 play.
I wasn't advocating for Sorenson to be cut, per-say, more that I understand if the Chiefs look at his position as an area of weakness.
[Reply]
O.city 07:31 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Goddamnit
You know, the thing is if that's what he's making, the NFL is pretty much telling you what they think of HaHa.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:02 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hitchens isn't playing SLB or MLB. He's your Will. I'd all but guarantee it.
I don't think so, but we'll see.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:46 AM 03-21-2019
I think they will want O'Daniel to be the Will, Hitchen to be the MLB, and Niemann at SSLB. They will look to draft an upgrade for SSLB though.
[Reply]
el borracho 10:59 AM 03-21-2019
Because we watched last year and we don’t think one guy fixes all of that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I think they will want O'Daniel to be the Will, Hitchen to be the MLB, and Niemann at SSLB. They will look to draft an upgrade for SSLB though.
Terez, who is pretty plugged in with the Chiefs themselves, said they want Wilson at SLB, Ragland at MLB, and Hitchens at WLB.

Not saying he's 100% but he's very rarely wrong about stuff like this.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:09 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Terez, who is pretty plugged in with the Chiefs themselves, said they want Wilson at SLB, Ragland at MLB, and Hitchens at WLB.

Not saying he's 100% but he's very rarely wrong about stuff like this.
man, I don't think Ragland's got the wheels.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:10 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
man, I don't think Ragland's got the wheels.
Puke.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up