ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 108
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:57 AM 10-28-2019
wow...this is apparently the first time that the Giants and Jets have ever traded with each other.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:03 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's been on my radar for a couple of weeks now. Good player but can the Chiefs really afford him?

Cap hits of $10 million and $9 million over the next 2 years. When they're already carrying Hitchens and his immovable contract, can they really go spending $20 million on off-ball linebackers?

Preston Brown isn't as good as Ogletree but his contract makes him a lot more feasible under the cap. Maybe you make him the Mike and move Hitchens into the Will.

Not a lot of great options.
Ogletree’s base salary is only $4 million this year. Aren’t the Giants going to have to cover the $6 million dollar roster bonus?
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:07 AM 10-28-2019
Cards are holding onto PP instead of doing whatever they can to amass picks to help Murray succeed. They are cursed.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:13 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
He was. Saw a stat somewhere Rodgers was 11 of 11 for over 160 yards when throwing to Niemann's man.
It was 11 for 11 against all the LBs, but still, yeah
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:15 AM 10-28-2019
@MattLombardoNFL: #Giants CB Janoris Jenkins says he “doesn’t give a f*** what they do” as trade rumors swirl ahead of Tuesday’s #NFL trade deadline, but here’s why trading him to the #Chiefs makes too much sense not to happen: https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/10/nf...-best-fit.html
[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
$10.1 million cap hit; $5 million on our cap for the remainder of the year. "as depth".

Natch.

I don't think he's starting caliber at this point and once again, CB just isn't the damn problem right now. It's linebacker. I'd take him if they cut him but I'm not burning that kind of cap rollover on a guy that doesn't solve the major problems on this defense.
I think Jenkins could be an upgrade over Breeland simply because he takes the ball away. Dude has 4 INT’s already this year.

I’d still pass at that price though.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM 10-28-2019
The Texans did the same shit they were something like 13-13 when throwing on the LBs.

Basically every offense that plays the Chiefs is going to show you, lots of runs, isolation of the LB's in pass coverage, if the QB is mobile lots of movement as we suck with that too and some deep shots.

If you can do those things the Chiefs won't stop you.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:30 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Texans did the same shit they were something like 13-13 when throwing on the LBs.

Basically every offense that plays the Chiefs is going to show you, lots of runs, isolation of the LB's in pass coverage, if the QB is mobile lots of movement as we suck with that too and some deep shots.

San fran did it in the pre-season game and others have followed the blueprint. Now, what are you gonna do about it BRETT? :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 10-28-2019

Yea, it works like a charm when our offense isn’t at full strength. When the offense is full strength again and we can make teams one dimensional, it will be much harder. That Packers offense is rolling and should be among the leagues best by the end of the year.

And let’s be real, considering Clark and Jones were out, and the defense was really only responsible for 24 pts, they did ok.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 10-28-2019
If Breeland is actually hurt.....I’d totally trade for Ogletree and Jenkins in a package deal.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:34 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, it works like a charm when our offense isn’t at full strength. When the offense is full strength again and we can make teams one dimensional, it will be much harder.

And let’s be real, considering Clark and Jones were out, and the defense was really only responsible for 24 pts, they did ok.
Good teams are going to do it regardless. We play in an era where TEs are basically WRs and most RB's can run pass routes, having LB's that can't cover will get you taken advantage of, especially when we literally mix and match them for down and distance.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 10-28-2019
Good teams are going to do it regardless. We play in an era where TEs are basically WRs and most RB's can run pass routes, having LB's that can't cover will get you taken advantage of, especially when we literally mix and match them for down and distance.
But if we get big early leads like we usually do when the offense is at full strength, you can use more DB’s in those situations.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:38 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If Breeland is actually hurt.....I’d totally trade for Ogletree and Jenkins in a package deal.
Breeland came back in and played the whole game. HE GOOD!!
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:40 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Breeland came back in and played the whole game. HE GOOD!!
Yeah he couldn’t tackle when he came back in
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:49 AM 10-28-2019
Go get Slay so you can play Mathieu as the RB defender against teams like GB last night.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 108
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Up