ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 108
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108 >
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:04 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Was there a good move made this year?

Dolphins raped the Steelers for Fitzpatrick in probably the worst trade of the year
Patriots got raped in compensation for a 30 year old Sami
Jags raped the Rams for Ramsey in a big overpayment
Rams got rid of a guy who is now on his 3rd team in 5 years on a rookie contract :-)
Dolphins got a 33 year old broken corner who can’t play until the last 2 games if that
Giants got an underperforming DL for chump change that they will have to pay
Browns graded a JAG LB to Philly

Only good moves I felt were made were the Emmanuel Sanders and Kenyan Drake deals. Obviously we couldn’t trade with Denver so...
Didn't Fitzpatrick just make 2 interceptions?

I believe the Steelers consider the trade for Fitzpatrick to be a long term trade situation.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Why draft a linebacker when you can instead draft a worthless fat fuck like Breeland Speaks with your first pick.
Which is how you get to the "maybe just try a few times?" stage of the program.

I'm not gonna kill them for not spotting every single decent potential 4-3 backer; I get that it can be difficult.

But if you won't even spin the wheel here and there, you can't even get a guy like, say, Fred Warner in here. And Warner's a solid player who you'll stumble onto every few seasons if you just make a damn effort.

Just seems strange that we don't.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 03:06 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well you run into the same problem we run into when asking why Dorsey didn't draft more difference makers on defense - priority.

I mean...we haven't really tried.

Lets look at all the capital spent on off-ball LBs since DJ (I assume you're not including Hali, Houston or Ford in this and mean strictly off-ball guys not edge players):

2006: None
2007: None
2008: None
2009: None

So right away we have a 4 year stretch where we put literally NOTHING at the position. Not even a 7th round pick.

2010: Maybe you squint and say Cameron Sheffield at pick 142; a converted DE.
2011: Gabe Miller - pick 140
2012: None
2013: Nico Johnson - pick 99
2014: None
2015: Ramik Wilson -Pick 118 and DJ Alexander at 172
2016: None
2017: Ukeme Eligwe - pick 183
2018: DoD - Pick 100

In 14 years --- FOURTEEN YEARS -- we've drafted seven guys who might be classified as off-ball linebackers and even that includes DJ Alexander and Cam Sheffield who were always seen as some kind of hybrid/edge sort of players. But give ya all 7 just to be sporting; one every other year.

And in that lot we have a 3rd rounder (dead back of the round) two 4th rounders and four 5th rounders. I mean shit, since 2005 we've spent a 3rd and a 7th on a kicker and a punter. Even the trades are 5th rounders in 2 seasons for Ragland and stuff like that; nominal assets.

Now to some degree it's explained by the time we spent in a 3-4 over that period AND the presence of DJ. You've never felt the need to prioritize the position. But it's still worth pointing out that we've struggled there because we haven't tried - rightly or wrongly, we simply haven't made an effort at that position. We've drafted better than half that lot in the 5th round and spent a 5th rounder on Ragland. Value the position at roughly the 5th round and you probably shouldn't be surprised by a pittance of a return.

It's past time to change that thinking.
You could make an argument every single one of those picks was special teams too, not even for actually bringing in a LB. Most times if you’re drafting hybrids or LBs in those rounds that’s what you’re looking for. Hell, even when we drafted DOD Veach said they made the pick bc he was their “highest rated special teams player in the draft.”
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:06 PM 10-29-2019
The only trade that really just didn't make sense at all was the Giants trade. Why didn't they just keep Snacks? Pretty stupid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
You could make an argument every single one of those picks was special teams too, not even for actually bringing in a LB. Most times if you’re drafting hybrids or LBs in those rounds that’s what you’re looking for. Hell, even when we drafted DOD Veach said they made the pick bc he was their “highest rated special teams player in the draft.”
No argument from me at all there.

Nico Johnson was probably the only guy in that group that we didn't draft knowing full well that he was a special teamer or not gonna make the team at all. Ramik Wilson might have been taken with an eye on eventually being a starter.

But no question - just about everyone in that group was taken as a special teamer and the squad almost certainly never considered them potential starters.

But like I said - the only way to make the exercise sporting was to give the team the benefit of the doubt. And even still, it's a rough lot.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:21 PM 10-29-2019

The Chiefs have signed P Jack Fox to their practice squad, releasing WR Cody Thompson to free a spot on the squad.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) October 29, 2019

NOW i'm angry.
[Reply]
xztop123 03:23 PM 10-29-2019
What a joke. Just looking at those names.

Do we have shitty athletic trainers? Some of those bama guys were big studs in college and they look like snails on kc.

Aside from dj was Donnie Edwards the last stud we have at lb? Lmfao
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:24 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

NOW i'm angry.
We seriously released Thompson.... for a kicker!!! Screw your Veach
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:27 PM 10-29-2019
I had a doctors appointment. I'm guessing no pieces of shit were traded for?
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:28 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I had a doctors appointment. I'm guessing no pieces of shit were traded for?
There was one trade in the entire NFL.

But hey we signed a backup PUNTER so we could release the star WR of training camp.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:29 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
WE MADE A MOVE!!!

Cut Dieter and then hire him as a quality control coach and save the roster spot. His sole purpose is befriending Mahomes anyway. Who in the fuck wastes a roster spot for the buddy of another player?
[Reply]
In58men 03:30 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We seriously released Thompson.... for a kicker!!! Screw your Veach
You also got mad when we released Dieter.

Wtf has he done again?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:30 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
There was one trade in the entire NFL.

But hey we signed a backup PUNTER so we could release the star WR of training camp.
WOOOO FUCK YES!
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 03:31 PM 10-29-2019
The signing of the punter is interesting....wonder if colquitt could be a cap casualty next year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:32 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
The signing of the punter is interesting....wonder if colquitt could be a cap casualty next year.
Yea let’s cut Colquitt to save about 1 mil
[Reply]
Page 104 of 108
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108 >
Up