ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 361
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Space Exploration megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

Spoiler!

How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 12:55 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by Donger:
I wonder if they are going to have to mod the Falcon?
A guy on reddit looked at all the tech specs and thinks that it can fit in a normal fairing, but with only about 2.5 cm of clearance. That seems awfully tight to me, but I doubt they let things rattle around in there much, so maybe it's fine.
[Reply]
unlurking 02:44 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
A guy on reddit looked at all the tech specs and thinks that it can fit in a normal fairing, but with only about 2.5 cm of clearance. That seems awfully tight to me, but I doubt they let things rattle around in there much, so maybe it's fine.
And they might be able to get extra clearance by removing recovery hardware like the parachute packs and cameras. Would love to see if they have been building an oversized fairing for this.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:44 PM 06-09-2017
For Donger...

All Falcon Heavy cores should be at the Cape in two to three months, so launch should happen a month after that

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 8, 2017

So that means Heavy launch somewhere around October.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:53 AM 06-17-2017

Static fire test of Falcon 9 complete—targeting June 19 launch of BulgariaSat-1 from historic Pad 39A pic.twitter.com/sndsLhKtwA

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) June 15, 2017

[Reply]
DaFace 10:57 AM 06-17-2017
Just to check in with readers of this thread, I'm starting to settle into a pattern of posting stuff. I generally try to post:
  1. Major news about milestones
  2. After a launch, an estimate of the timing and key details of the next one
  3. Completion of the static fire (and final target date and time)
  4. Final heads-up somewhere between 2-24 hours before the launch
  5. Any particularly awesome videos or shots of the launch

Everyone still liking that flow? I still recognize that there are like 5 of us who are really involved in this thread, so I hate to bump it TOO often. (That said, it's not like there are hundreds of NHL or NBA fans around here either, so there are other threads that are similar in scope.)
[Reply]
stumppy 11:03 AM 06-17-2017
Even though I don't post much in here I appreciate the info. Keep it coming.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:06 AM 06-17-2017
mo news is betta!

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...launch-prices/

$300M cost diff between SpaceX and Boeing/Lockheed exceeds avg value of satellite, so flying with SpaceX means satellite is basically free https://t.co/CaOulCf7ot

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 16, 2017

And anything from Elon is worth posting...

Hawthorne, California pic.twitter.com/d5qRlN0XQ7

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 16, 2017

[Reply]
Donger 11:34 AM 06-17-2017
Just to check in with readers of this thread, I'm starting to settle into a pattern of posting stuff. I generally try to post:

Everyone still liking that flow? I still recognize that there are like 5 of us who are really involved in this thread, so I hate to bump it TOO often. (That said, it's not like there are hundreds of NHL or NBA fans around here either, so there are other threads that are similar in scope.)
Please keep it coming, DaFace!
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 AM 06-17-2017
Keep it up, enjoying the thread. This stuff is very interesting
[Reply]
DaFace 12:20 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
mo news is betta!

That flythrough of Hawthorne is kind of fun - especially the shots down the middle of the booster!
[Reply]
DaFace 12:23 PM 06-17-2017
I added

[Reply]
DaFace 02:52 PM 06-18-2017
Well, this sucks...

Postponing launch to replace fairing pneumatic valve. It is dual redundant, but not worth taking a chance. https://t.co/vnfxmeer7h

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 18, 2017

But this would be fun...

If schedule holds there will be two Falcon 9 launches within 48 hours (Cape & Vandenberg) this weekend https://t.co/GbleRPm6iZ

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 18, 2017

[Reply]
Hydrae 06:45 PM 06-18-2017

This is a thread I look for when I log in. You probably have more people reading and enjoying the bumps than you realize.
[Reply]
Pants 07:43 PM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
This is a thread I look for when I log in. You probably have more people reading and enjoying the bumps than you realize.
Same here.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:20 PM 06-18-2017
Double header would be awesome!
[Reply]
Page 71 of 361
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up